Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Rei Hino said:
Cirdec said:
Rei Hino said:
Cirdec said:
Does anyone know a reliable source for hybrid flowers?
I wonder how I got a pink flower in this one, none of the wikis I saw say red and red roses can give pink rose.

i assume one of those red roses were bred from a white one.

You mean one of my red roses was actually an hybrid?

No, no. In the same way a white and red rose can spawn a pink one, there's also the chance to spawn a red or white one.

so if a red rose is spawned from red/white, it still has the properties of the white rose; resulting in your pink hybrid.

or at least i think it works like that, i haven't looked into flower breeding too much.

Ok it's maybe this. Thanks.

Kylie Koopa said:
You can block people from your country iirc.

Yeah, you can blacklist people whether you connect with people from your country or around the world.

Mario4Ever said:
Kylie Koopa said:
You can block people from your country iirc.

Yeah, you can blacklist people whether you connect with people from your country or around the world.

Thanks. I must've never tried and just assumed. I'll use it if I encounter people like them again.

I used to go to Club Tortimer to be able to beetle hunt without having to mess up my island. Then I stopped caring, made my island fit for hunting and don't go to Club Tortimer anymore.

On occasion, I travel to the island with trusted friends and hunt for beetles, taking turns. Slower, but it works and makes it more fun to hunt.

BTW, it's probably what Rei Hino said. It definitely adds up, at least. It's called a hybrid for a reason, I guess.

Ok so New Leaf is my first Animal Crossing game, and I've currently had the game for 9 days so far.
I think I've gone through a lot way too fast, I guess I've done so in an attempt to catch up with others that have owned the game for a while.

Consider yourselves lucky, I'm feeling a little generous so I'll explain flower breeding while I am here.
Basically, you usually have to put two different colored flowers of the same type next to each other.
You can place the flowers horizontally or diagonally, but you need to have space next to the flowers for the offspring to possibly spawn.
If you have a lot of space and a lot of flowers, you can place them in a crisscross sort of pattern.
EX if you want a pink rose, you put a red rose next to a white rose.
Hybrid flowers aren't always guaranteed to appear the next day, in the aforementioned example, you may get a red rose instead of a pink rose.
You can try to improve the chances of a hybrid spawning if you water the parent plants even when it isn't withering, or using fertilizer next to the parent flowers.
It's actually best to be planting flowers you want to breed on the beach due to other villagers randomly planting new flowers
FYI Roses are considered to be the trickiest flowers of the rest, and apparently purple pansies are too, just get them from other people tbh, it'll make it easier in the long run.

Flower hybrids list:
Carnations:
Red + White = Pink

Cosmos:
Red + Yellow = Yellow OR Orange
Red + White = Red OR Pink
White + White = Blue
Orange + Orange = Red, White, Pink, Orange OR Black

Lilies:
Red + Yellow = Orange
Red + White = Pink
Red + Red = Red, Pink, OR Black

Pansies:
Red + Yellow = Orange
White + White = Blue
Hybrid Orange + Hybrid Orange = Orange OR Purple

Roses:
Red + Yellow = Yellow OR Orange
Red + White = Red OR Pink
Red + Red = Red, Pink, OR Black
White + White = White OR Purple
Purple + Orange = Hybrid Red
(Apparently looks exactly the same as a regular red rose.)
Hybrid Red + Hybrid Red = Blue
Withering Black Rose + Water with Golden Watering Can = Gold (This flower will never wither.)

Violets:
White + Purple = Blue
I've actually had a black rose spawn, but since I've only had the game for a few days, I gave it away since I couldn't do anything with it asides from having more black roses littering my town.

I already have a blue and an orange pansy. My town is filled with them pansies :>

On an unrelated note, (but still in New Leaf) I found a duck bill and I wasn't going to wear it but bought it anyway. I went to Shampoodle and got a haircut that looks like the top of the head of a malard duck. So, I put my duck mask on and then I put on my black pants and HHA jacket and I am officially the Business Duck.

Fawful said:
On an unrelated note, (but still in New Leaf) I found a duck bill and I wasn't going to wear it but bought it anyway. I went to Shampoodle and got a haircut that looks like the top of the head of a malard duck. So, I put my duck mask on and then I put on my black pants and HHA jacket and I am officially the Business Duck.
My character is so jumbled.
They have purple hair, the jacket which Haru wears in the ending of Free!, a denim skirt, a halo and Bro Strider sunglasses..

Fawful said:
If you can, that is a picture you need to post

Demidevimon said:
Fawful said:
If you can, that is a picture you need to post

I really desire to see that picture now.

Personally, I'm more of a pansies/tulips person. I love how blue pansies look.

Pansies are awesome because they come in yellow and purple. I like the fiery-looking ones as well.

I just made a design that has Mario's sprite from Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time.

Mario Party X said:
Pansies are awesome because they come in yellow and purple. I like the fiery-looking ones as well.

I just made a design that has Mario's sprite from Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time.

I made Baby Mario and Baby Luigi as well take that >:3

Gold furniture looks ugly in any house, in my opinion.

Mine is a paltry 10,000 ;_;

Fawful said:
http://dimentio-fawful.deviantart.com/art/My-Animal-Crossing-avatar-400958707
That is my character. My friend code is 262129562124 if you want to see it in person.

Can't you take a picture via L and R buttons or do you just lack an SD card reader?

Back