- Reggie, the gardener, holds a weed day festival when the gardening shop is open.
- Pick all the weeds to get a special present handmade by Reggie.
- Reggie counts the number of weeds left to be picked.
Harvest Festival (11/4):
- Totally different from previous Animal Crossings.
- Franklin the chef comes and will treat you to food if you help him out and gather ingredients.
- Gather ingredients yourself or through trading things with the villagers.
- Franklin will give you a special present when the food's ready.
Christmas Eve (12/24):
- Different from previous games.
- The Mayor (the player), dresses up as Santa Claus to give the villagers presents.
- Meet up with Jingle while dressed as Santa Claus to get a sack of presents for the villagers.
- Frank, male eagle, birthday is 6/1, personality is smug.
- Koyuki, female tiger, 12/13 birthday, personality is energetic.
- Mike, male kangaroo, 12/1 birthday, personality is stubborn.
- Arthur, male lion, 8/7 birthday, personality is smart.
- Tsukasa, female? sheep, 10/21 birthday, personality is mature.
- Lily, female wolf, 3/24 birthday, personality is normal.
- Tokio, male? ostrich, 9/23 birthday, personality is airhead.
- ???, female mouse, 2/5 birthday, personality is energetic.
- Osmond, male koala, 10/12 birthday, personality is smart.
- ???, male hippo, 10/15 birthday, personality is smug.
Dream Mansion (could also be translated, literally, as Mansion where [one] sees dreams)
- Anteater named Yumemi (dream viewer) runs the shop 24/7.
- Connect to the internet and visit other players' villages from around the world.
- Can head to a village based on address, the type of village you desire, or by area.
- Anything that's done to the dream village won't have an impact on the actual village.
- Speak to Wendell (Seiichi) the starving artist while you visit another player's dream village to get a pattern that that player created.
* Brewster has his own cafe.
* The museum has a shop.
* There's a gardening shop.
* Kicks from City Folk runs a shoe store.
* Tom Nook runs a real estate agency.
* There's shop where you can sell items and make your own furniture.
* There's a club where K.K. Slider works as a DJ.
There's really too much news about this, I couldn't begin to list them all, but off the top of my head I could say that:
*There are new fruits
*The island returns, along with Tortimer, you'll be able to play minigames on that island with your friends, or solo(?)
*Christmas is celebrated differently this time around, Jingle will hand you a bag of items, which you'll have to hand out to all your villagers. (throughout the month of December they'll drop hints as to what they want so you won't have to deal with randomly handing out presents and hoping it's the right one.)
There's definitely more, but I can't think of it atm.