RUMOR: New Characters Leaked in SSB4 (More then Likely Fake)

Evil Magikrazy said:
Megaman might actually be possible. Nintendo confirmed Capcom characters in the next game.

Source please. Otherwise, it's just speculation.

For those who don't want to actually check IGN:

Smash Bros. director said:
"I can't say that it's entirely out of the realm of possibility that some Capcom character could appear in the next Smash Bros. The big problem, though, comes from the idea of trying to get characters from a completely different universe to fit with the style that has been dictated by Nintendo's characters in a fighting game.

"In fact, I actually think it's a miracle that we got Smash Bros. and all the Nintendo characters to work together in the first place. Especially when you bring Pokemon into the mix and a lot of the complications that are caused by that being an almost completely different entity on its own, it's really something. So this is something that obviously will come up more as we get started on the new Smash Bros. development, but keeping those things in mind I think is important."
Not really proof of their inclusion.

Yeah, that's just a possibility that a Capcom character might be in. It's not certain for sure.

supermariofan said:
Geno!!! sure he was only in one game but god damn it!!! he's so awesome
Except Nintendo would need to ask Square Enix to use Geno. Square Enix, however, would rather have Nintendo use one of their Final Fantasy characters.

I have no real opinion on Geno. But I do think if people think he has a high chance of getting in at this point, then they're sadly mistaken.

Geno would be extremely lucky to even get a TROPHY

Northern Verve said:
Ghirahim (Zelda)
Little Mac (Punch Out)
Saki Amamiya (Sin and Punishment)
King Hippo (Punch Out)
Prince Sable (Frogs the Bell Tolls)
Palutena (Kid Icarus)
Professor Layton (Professor Layton)
Shulk (Xenoblade)
Yeah, this is fake. These guys prove it.

Dr. Javelin said:
Northern Verve said:
Ghirahim (Zelda)
Little Mac (Punch Out)
Saki Amamiya (Sin and Punishment)
King Hippo (Punch Out)
Prince Sable (Frogs the Bell Tolls)
Palutena (Kid Icarus)
Professor Layton (Professor Layton)
Shulk (Xenoblade)
Yeah, this is fake. These guys prove it.

And it's way too early to even possibly get a leak of the roster at all.

I realized this was fake pretty much the moment I found the thing. But like I said, any excuse to bolster some discussion. Because I love Next SSB game speculation.

We probably will. Did Sakurai say that he will work in this game after Kid Icarus is out?

They already started on the game

Slime? Lol. Layton? LOL.

I just want Rosalina to be added as a trophy, sticker or even better: as an Assist Trophy (because having her as a playable character is just impossible, so it's not even worth to dream about it).

FMGBASKFH said:
Slime? Lol. Layton? LOL.

I just want Rosalina to be added as a trophy, sticker or even better: as an Assist Trophy (because having her as a playable character is just impossible, so it's not even worth to dream about it).

Slime is actually very plausible considering its high popularity in Japan. Add that to the fact that it is the mascot of the Dragon Quest series which has been successful in Japan and the fact that Nintendo is helping Square-Enix to make the series more popular in the countries outside of Japan as of recently as seen by the recent DQ game releases and Mario-DQ cross-overs (and it is working indeed) might even make Slime one of the more likely third party characters to be in SSB4.

Nintendo does have a long time history with Square, and it can be possible that we might get Slime as it has already been in several Mario cross-overs already. The lack of limbs? Well if it can be made into a playable character in Mario Sports Mix, I wouldn't put it past Nintendo to make it as a playable fighter in Smash Bros. as well.

How would he even fight?

My current opinion is that the only characters on the list in the op that would be good are Zoroark, Little Mac, K. Rool, Saki (which is probably just me but who cares), Mega Man, Ridley, and maybe Krystal.

Aw come on, not Zoroark. It's going to replace Lucario, who replaced Mewtwo. If anything, I think the Pokémon franchise should be represented by:

-Pikachu
-Jigglypuff
-Pokémon Trainer
-Lucario
-Mewtwo (with a brand new moveset).

Zoroark is going to be more of the same. Plus, he didn't reach the levels of popularity Lucario reached.

Back