Kid Icarus: Uprising

I hate clubs, too slow. Claws are fast and let you have tons of speed while attacking, dodging and running.
Bows & Blades are alright, but not as good as Claws for me.

Oh gosh, how will lefties play this game?

^Have you tried it?

This part is pretty disappointing. It feels like a handicap.

Gamefreak75 said:
Just beat Chapter 13 as well.

Arlon is one of my favorites bosses so far, along with Hewdraw and Thanatos.

Also, I hate the Apple Cobbler things and the Skullcobbler. Terrible and cruel enemies.
No kidding. The Eggplant Wizard and Reaper's got NOTHING on those two!

I also just beat chapter 15... Oh boy...

I hate how Pit somehow assumes that Hades and Viridi are working together at first. Hasn't it been made clear that Viridi HATES Hades as much as she hates humans? Seriously, is he THAT stupid? It's getting really annoying that he assumes they're both evil JUST because they want to kill humans. Nevermind their motivation or personality, if they kill humans, they're evil, even though humans have been shown to be not really worth giving a crap about in this series, since their so keen on killing each other...

So... aliens? Well, there was space pirates and a space kraken, so it's not that surprising at this point.

Still, it's interesting that Hades is suddenly working with Viridi, Pit, and Palutena, because even though there's lots of destruction, non of it benefits him. It's so odd, but then again, they're not exactly getting along, which I think is a good thing.

Pyrrhon's pretty cool... er, hot! He's like the Human Touch, right down to his cocky attitude. Plus it's cool to see a God actually get down and dirty, fighting right in the middle of the brawl... Aside from Thanatos, who's basically made out to be a goofy wimp. :(

I guess it would make sense that the God of the Sun would know who the creatures from space are. The "Aurum", huh? Nice name, I suppose...

"The Book of Divine Prophecy"? Sounds like an important macguffin, but the way it's being used seems more like a handwave of sorts... More of a joke then anything else.

DAMN, Pyrrhon's a psycho! I love this guy!

The flying stage was short this chapter... Also, this is the first time where Palutena has a point and Viridi's actually in the wrong. Yeah, Pit started fighting the Underworld at first, but really, the forces of Nature were being FAR more destructive then anything Pit and Palutena ever done! That, and the Underworld is 10 times worse then the both of them.

The land stage looks pretty neat... Also, the way the describe the Aurum reminds me of the Aparoids from Star Fox: Assault, basically they're of one mind any they're mostly destructive creatures that only act to preserve their own species, which is basically leaching off of other planets and lifeforms. ...MAN, this game is choke full of cliches and stories that have been done before, except here it's done all at once, AND has it's own unique characters to hang lampshades on them!

What's weird is that even though Palutena admitted at the beginning of this chapter that she didn't know who or what the invaders were, she knew about the Zaurums were and what their attacks could do... How'd she know that?

I actually feel sorry for Hades, his Underworld army is so pathetic... And what's this? FURTHER hints at Pit's devotion to Palutena? Perhaps I was onto something after all. ;)

That being said, it IS kind of sad how he's only willing to do it for her and no one else... Makes me wonder just what kind of person would Pit be if he DIDN'T serve Palutena... Maybe like Dark Pit? ???

Also, Palutena totally trolled Pit there. Seriously, he takes all this abuse from Palutena, all for the sake of her own entertainment. The other Gods are laughing at his misfortune as well! Seriously, he HAS to be in love with her, there's no other reason I can see for why he'd put up with this on a daily basis. It's almost like a more comedic, light-hearted version of Samus's relationship with Adam Malkovich, but I don't think I want to go there just yet...

Oh, BTW, the music, AWESOME as always! DEFINITELY have to get the soundtrack one of these days.

So the boss fight is just destorying the core? BOR-ING! Well, at least a conversation with the Gods keeps things entertaining... As we once again get another hint that Pit has a "thing" for Palutena, saying he does all these dangerous things for her, and Palutena is, indeed, grateful, despise messing with him from time to time... And what's she saying the other to don't know about "devotion"? Did they not see Arlon? Did they not see how loyal and devoted HE was to HIS Goddess? Or maybe she's referring to how little Viridi cares about her servants? Really, she seems kind of thoughtless, but again, she's not outright EVIL like Hades!

Anyway, short boss fight... This chapter feels like a big "WTF" and seems to drive the story to a halt... YET AGAIN! I mean, first we were fighting Medusa. Then we started fighting Hades. THEN we started fighting Viridi's forces. And NOW we've got this boring ol' aliens to fight! Oh well, at least Pyrrhon seems like an awesome, and heroic, dude... And it looks like we're not done with the aliens yet... but still, this story keeps adding new twists and turns to the already messed up plot! Where does it end?!

...NEXT CHAPTER AHOY!

Smashgoom202 said:
Gamefreak75 said:

Also, I hate the Apple Cobbler things and the Skullcobbler. Terrible and cruel enemies.

I hate how Pit somehow assumes that Hades and Viridi are working together at first. Hasn't it been made clear that Viridi HATES Hades as much as she hates humans? Seriously, is he THAT stupid? It's getting really annoying that he assumes they're both evil JUST because they want to kill humans. Nevermind their motivation or personality, if they kill humans, they're evil, even though humans have been shown to be not really worth giving a crap about in this series, since their so keen on killing each other...

So... aliens? Well, there was space pirates and a space kraken, so it's not that surprising at this point.

Still, it's interesting that Hades is suddenly working with Viridi, Pit, and Palutena, because even though there's lots of destruction, non of it benefits him. It's so odd, but then again, they're not exactly getting along, which I think is a good thing.

Pyrrhon's pretty cool... er, hot! He's like the Human Touch, right down to his cocky attitude. Plus it's cool to see a God actually get down and dirty, fighting right in the middle of the brawl... Aside from Thanatos, who's basically made out to be a goofy wimp. :(

I guess it would make sense that the God of the Sun would know who the creatures from space are. The "Aurum", huh? Nice name, I suppose...

"The Book of Divine Prophecy"? Sounds like an important macguffin, but the way it's being used seems more like a handwave of sorts... More of a joke then anything else.

The flying stage was short this chapter... Also, this is the first time where Palutena has a point and Viridi's actually in the wrong. Yeah, Pit started fighting the Underworld at first, but really, the forces of Nature were being FAR more destructive then anything Pit and Palutena ever done! That, and the Underworld is 10 times worse then the both of them.

The land stage looks pretty neat... Also, the way the describe the Aurum reminds me of the Aparoids from Star Fox: Assault, basically they're of one mind any they're mostly destructive creatures that only act to preserve their own species, which is basically leaching off of other planets and lifeforms. ...MAN, this game is choke full of cliches and stories that have been done before, except here it's done all at once, AND has it's own unique characters to hang lampshades on them!

What's weird is that even though Palutena admitted at the beginning of this chapter that she didn't know who or what the invaders were, she knew about the Zaurums were and what their attacks could do... How'd she know that?

I actually feel sorry for Hades, his Underworld army is so pathetic... And what's this? FURTHER hints at Pit's devotion to Palutena? Perhaps I was onto something after all. ;)

That being said, it IS kind of sad how he's only willing to do it for her and no one else... Makes me wonder just what kind of person would Pit be if he DIDN'T serve Palutena... Maybe like Dark Pit? ???

Also, Palutena totally trolled Pit there. Seriously, he takes all this abuse from Palutena, all for the sake of her own entertainment. The other Gods are laughing at his misfortune as well! Seriously, he HAS to be in love with her, there's no other reason I can see for why he'd put up with this on a daily basis. It's almost like a more comedic, light-hearted version of Samus's relationship with Adam Malkovich, but I don't think I want to go there just yet...

Oh, BTW, the music, AWESOME as always! DEFINITELY have to get the soundtrack one of these days.

So the boss fight is just destorying the core? BOR-ING! Well, at least a conversation with the Gods keeps things entertaining... As we once again get another hint that Pit has a "thing" for Palutena, saying he does all these dangerous things for her, and Palutena is, indeed, grateful, despise messing with him from time to time... And what's she saying the other to don't know about "devotion"? Did they not see Arlon? Did they not see how loyal and devoted HE was to HIS Goddess? Or maybe she's referring to how little Viridi cares about her servants? Really, she seems kind of thoughtless, but again, she's not outright EVIL like Hades!

Anyway, short boss fight... This chapter feels like a big "WTF" and seems to drive the story to a halt... YET AGAIN! I mean, first we were fighting Medusa. Then we started fighting Hades. THEN we started fighting Viridi's forces. And NOW we've got this boring ol' aliens to fight! Oh well, at least Pyrrhon seems like an awesome, and heroic, dude... And it looks like we're not done with the aliens yet... but still, this story keeps adding new twists and turns to the already messed up plot! Where does it end?!

...NEXT CHAPTER AHOY!

It's true that Viridi isn't evil, but she did drop a nuke on the humans for no reason. They were tricked into fighting by Hades. Humans and all living creatures, both in this game and the real world, are driven by greed. But that isn't always a bad thing. Magnus for example, is in it for the money, but he's not a bad person. Like Pit says, what Viridi says has some truth to it, but wiping out humanity isn't the answer. She just nukes the humans instead of going directly after the root of the problem, Hades.

Pyrrhon was awesome. He really hams it, which is saying a lot, since every other character except Arlon (ironically, Pyrrhon and Arlon are both voiced by Troy Baker) does too.

The Aurrum chapters are among my favorites, because all three factions (Pit and Palutena, the Underworld Army, and the Forces of Nature) put aside their differences to eliminate a common enemy.

Smugleaf said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Gamefreak75 said:

Pyrrhon's pretty cool... er, hot! He's like the Human Touch, right down to his *bleep*y attitude. Plus it's cool to see a God actually get down and dirty, fighting right in the middle of the brawl... Aside from Thanatos, who's basically made out to be a goofy wimp. :(

...NEXT CHAPTER AHOY!

It's true that Viridi isn't evil, but she did drop a nuke on the humans for no reason. They were tricked into fighting by Hades. Humans and all living creatures, both in this game and the real world, are driven by greed. But that isn't always a bad thing. Magnus for example, is in it for the money, but he's not a bad person. Like Pit says, what Viridi says has some truth to it, but wiping out humanity isn't the answer. She just nukes the humans instead of going directly after the root of the problem, Hades.

Pyrrhon was awesome. He really hams it, which is saying a lot, since every other character except Arlon (ironically, Pyrrhon and Arlon are both voiced by Troy Baker) does too.

The Aurrum chapters are among my favorites, because all three factions (Pit and Palutena, the Underworld Army, and the Forces of Nature) put aside their differences to eliminate a common enemy.
I suppose you have a point, but then again, she IS a Goddess, and a young-looking Goddess at that. The Gods in this game all seem to act like real Roman/Greek Gods, i.e., not really giving a damn about lesser being and messing with each other for their own amusement. I see Viridi as just being too young a Goddess to fully realize the consequences of her actions. Either way, while she IS that destructive, I can't really hate her in the same way I'm expected to side with Palutena, in that there's so much ambiguity to their characters and they're not simply good or evil.

Beat Chapter 15.

And I thought Chapter 5 reminded me of Star Fox. The enemies, the environment, it's basicalyl a shout out to Star Fox series.

The Aurum Core was boring though. This whole level was basically like the Reset Bomb Factory core: short flying session, long, but yet cool (especially the Aurum one) land session and boring boss battle (the Reset Bomb Factory's boss was a core, too).

I also like the odd designs for the enemies. Reminds me of EarthBound's enemy design, especially Specknose (the huge nose with glasses).

Also, Tempura Wizard > Eggplant Wizard.

EDIT: Beat Chapter 16.

Pyrrhon = typical oblivious superhero

Also, another shitty core battle :mad:

After that, I decided to beat Chapter 1 on 8 difficulty...

Only description I can give: "bullet hell" And that's just CHAPTER 1. One day I'll get to 9 intensity....one day...

I spent a full hour beating chapter 9. These levels are too long! But I have to say:

Hades is one heck of a sweet-looking villain.

Gamefreak75 said:
Beat Chapter 15.

And I thought Chapter 5 reminded me of Star Fox. The enemies, the environment, it's basicalyl a shout out to Star Fox series.

The Aurum Core was boring though. This whole level was basically like the Reset Bomb Factory core: short flying session, long, but yet cool (especially the Aurum one) land session and boring boss battle (the Reset Bomb Factory's boss was a core, too).

I also like the odd designs for the enemies. Reminds me of EarthBound's enemy design, especially Specknose (the huge nose with glasses).

Also, Tempura Wizard > Eggplant Wizard.

EDIT: Beat Chapter 16.

Pyrrhon = typical oblivious superhero

Also, another *bleep*ty core battle :mad:

After that, I decided to beat Chapter 1 on 8 difficulty...

Only description I can give: "bullet hell" And that's just CHAPTER 1. One day I'll get to 9 intensity....one day...
The Kid Icarus series has always been known to have weird enemies. Specknose is actually supposed to be a caracture of "Hip" Tanaka, or so I've heard...

And while the Tempura Wizard is most definitely a step up from the Eggplant Wizard, I'll admit, I have more fondness for him since, after all, HE doesn't try to eat you once he turns you into the food he's supposedly made out of. Or maybe that's just my frustration of having a treasure hunt quest ruined when a Tempura Wizard caught me while I was trying to run away, only to find out that I've actually gotten tired somehow!

And yeah, 9.0 intensity IS bullet Hell!

...I also just beat chapter 16.

Speaking of Bullet Hell, I had a rough time surviving the flying part of this chapter, and it's only on 3.2 difficulty! Also, I'd like to know just what is the full extent of Palutena's power and what, exactly, she can do... Either way, I sometimes forget just how much of a badass Pit is, the way he goes all one-man-army on all these different enemies.

Hades is a goofball, despite his appearance. Not QUITE the level of goofiness as Thanatos, but a goofball nonetheless. That said, he is WAY more competent then any of the other Underworld forces. It feels so ODD that Hades actually helped out. He's made out to be such a cruel, inhuman *bleep*, and yet seeing lend a hand here and being thanked for it? So weird...

I also think it's lame that the Aurum resort to copying enemies you've faced. The idea of the Aurum just feels so unoriginal, and yet I DO like playing through their stages. I also like that the Kid Icarus series is just a series where it can have Greek mythology and space aliens and not have it make any difference at all. It's just that kind of video game series.

"Floor Ice Cream gives you health!" That... is officially my favorite quote in the entire game.

So the Aurum basically makes copies of everything? Including hearts? What's the point? Also, wouldn't Aurum hearts be considered fake hearts? As in, counterfeit hearts? Will Pit be allowed to spend them? Wouldn't that cause inflation? I'm thinking about this too much...

The Aurum Generator is... not quite as boring as the last "boss fight", but still a little uninteresting... Except for Pyrrhon showing up! What a guy!

"And now... onto the Aurum Brain!" Oh CRAP, more?! I wonder how long this is going to last?

Edit: ALSO beat chapter 17:

Pyrrhon advertises himself like some kind of action figure! Also, I thought he was God of the Sun! How come Palutena excludes him? "With all us gods-er, and Pyrrhon" What, is he somehow LESS of a God just because he actually joins in the fray? Kind of like Pandora, Goddess of Deceit, and Thanatos, God of Death. No respect at all...

I have to admit, it IS hard to concentrate my fire on just the Aurum when the Underworld Army and the Forces of Nature get in the way...

Something else... Fighting this fortress in the sky like this, it reminds me of Sky Sanctuary from Sonic & Knuckles, complete with Death Egg overhead!

lol, Divinipedia, a free Encyclopedia which any God can edit! XD

Reached the Aurum Brain already? Something must be up...

Oh... So Pyrrhon's a bad guy now, huh? I WISH I could say I'm surprised but... I'm not...

Really, this seems to be a trend in a LOT of Masahiro Sakurai games... Or at least with Kirby and Super Smash Bros. Big plot twists involving someone who we thought was good be really was evil, or rather, there's an even BIGGER evil then the one we initially thought. It just seems really LAME that such a cool, hammy guy turned out to be a bad guy... And he's the God of the Sun! If I take him out, what will happen to night and day?!

"Level Infinity Epic Super God...PLUS!" Um, okay? I didn't think there was any level higher then a God, but then again, Palutena didn't exactly could Pyrrhon as one of the Gods... How sad.

So Pyrrhon's now more powerful then Palutena AND a Reset Bomb? Oh snap, now what? And Pit's Power of Flight ran out! Who could possible save him at a time like this?! D:

Wait, Pit never learned how to read? What kind of loser is he? I mean, if he's illiterate or something, I'd understand, but still... I guess immediate death makes you say stupid things... Then again, Pit's died dozens of times, Palutena eve said so, so how's this any different?

Pit needs to get a freaking grip! Of COURSE Viridi saved him, they need all the help they can get? Haven't they made that abundantly clear? I guess he's still looking at that black vs. white outlook of his. Still, it IS very nice of her to offer him a platform to fight on...

lol, Palutena is such a dork. XP

Hopefully, this whole experience, particularly the Forces of Nature's sacrifice, will FINALLY teach Pit a lesson about good and evil... Also, Centurions? Only SLIGHTLY superior to the Forces of Nature and the Underworld army! Also, Palace in the Sky remix, FTW!

I like that brown, bulky's Centurion's voice! But Palutena's right, they AREN'T that effective, no wonder Pit does most of the work... They really need to find someone like Pit to aid him one of these days... Say, just how many angels are there in existence?

I lost a Centurion! Damn it Palutena, I'm trying my best over here! Sheesh!

You know, if Palutena can send me food at any time, why doesn't she send me food now, when I REALLY need it? Eh...

DAMMIT, I lost another one! And I'm TRYING to be careful, GEEZ! Okay, last two, make them count... Not like I haven't been trying too, God...

AND I JUST LOST ANOTHER MID-CONVERSATION! ARGH!!!! :mad:

Great, so now Pyrrhon's a robot... The Aurum took the coolest... er, hottest... I mean, the more likable character in the game and turned him into ANOTHER boring boss! Geez, these Aurum guys suck! Although maybe this boss fight will be more interesting.

"Too destructive and too unnatural"? Look who's talking miss "Goddess of Nature". Also, this boss fight's harder then I thought, given that I have to use the jump pad. REALLY annoying...

Dammit, I can't even tell if my attacks are doing anything! This is a REALLY annoying boss fight!

Well, I got finished, just like anyone would... Fuck dammit!

Okay, I just realized that I have to attack the green glowing things that are connected to these long lines that are connected to the sphere Pyrrhon is attatched to. HOW THE HELL WAS I SUPPOSED TO FIGURE THAT OUT! I'm facing Pyrrhon when I start the fight, and everyone just keeps telling me to attack him, this game PURPOSELY mislead me! GEEZ! :mad:

I have to admit, it IS funny hearing Pyrrhon saying "Ow" and "Receiving pain" and "This will hurt", like he can't come up with anything creative to say when dishing out or dealing with attacks. Hence reaffirms my notion that the Aurum are boring-ass villains.

So... That's the last of Pyrrhon? FUCKING LAME! This Aurum arc was totally pointless, and only served to get rid of the best character so far, who was only introduced THROUGH this arc! GAAAAAAAAAAAAH! I hate this chapter! Annoying as Hell, AND leaves me frustrated!

Oh... So Pyrrhon's a bad guy now, huh? I WISH I could say I'm surprised but... I'm not...

Really, this seems to be a trend in a LOT of Masahiro Sakurai games... Or at least with Kirby and Super Smash Bros. Big plot twists involving someone who we thought was good be really was evil, or rather, there's an even BIGGER evil then the one we initially thought. It just seems really LAME that such a cool, hammy guy turned out to be a bad guy... And he's the God of the Sun! If I take him out, what will happen to night and day?!

I wouldn't say he was a bad guy, more than he was possessed, like Pigma when he got turned into a giant spaceship thing by the Aparoids.

The only Kirby game I recall where the "Good guy" becomes evil was Kirby Super Star and KSSU with Marx. In KRtDL, I'm pretty sure the Master Crown possessed Magolor, since it's believed to have been alive.

Not saying that the idea hasn't been done already, since I thought Pyrrhon was going to be the boss of Chapter 15.

Chapter 17 is definitely my least favorite level so far. Horrible flying session and absolutely hellish land battle. Also, no treasure, or very little so trying to even go through it on 5+ intensity is not even worth it. And I got my first game over since all my Centurions died, which was shitty because there was a dumb Aurum Fire Wyrm that I didn't see attacking my Centurions from below my platform.

Boss battle wasn't too hard, but it was better than the other two.

The Aurrum reminded of the Borg, and the Aparoids from Star Fox: Assault. In fact, the entire Aurrum arc reminded me of that game.

They were cliche, but that was the point. This game deliberately uses every cliche imaginable, and makes fun of itself with witty, self-aware dialog. It's a lighthearted game with a story that doesn't take itself seriously. It's supposed to be cheesy, and it succeeds. It's part of what makes it a good game.

You know, Icaruspedia joined NIWA, and they need editors, because they're still playing Kid Icarus:Uprising.

Gamefreak75 said:

I wouldn't say he was a bad guy, more than he was possessed, like Pigma when he got turned into a giant spaceship thing by the Aparoids.

The only Kirby game I recall where the "Good guy" becomes evil was Kirby Super Star and KSSU with Marx. In KRtDL, I'm pretty sure the Master Crown possessed Magolor, since it's believed to have been alive.

Not saying that the idea hasn't been done already, since I thought Pyrrhon was going to be the boss of Chapter 15.

Chapter 17 is definitely my least favorite level so far. Horrible flying session and absolutely hellish land battle. Also, no treasure, or very little so trying to even go through it on 5+ intensity is not even worth it. And I got my first game over since all my Centurions died, which was *bleep*ty because there was a dumb Aurum Fire Wyrm that I didn't see attacking my Centurions from below my platform.

You do realized Pigma was a bad guy too, and he, like Pyrrhon, only got possessed because he had bad intentions when he got himself involved with the alien forces he was dealing with, right? Same with Magolor, he CLEARLY used Kirby and his friends just so he could get the Master Crown.

Either way, I'm glad I wasn't the only one how hated chapter 17. Maybe chapter 18 will be better (it certainly didn't have a hard act to follow).

Whoa... Well... This is interesting... Pit got turned into a ring... "Chaos Kin". Sounds important...

I hope this poor kid doesn't get too messed up getting involved with Pit... It also looks like she lives in a war-torn area, poor girl. :(

You know, when I bought this game, I never thought I'd be controlling a dog through Pit who's stick in a ring... Also, the whole "eating garbage off the ground" thing smack with Pit eating food regularly placed on the ground. Lest we forget, "Floor Ice Cream gives you health!"

Well, that was weird, the dog started walking toward the wall... Because Pit's craving garbage? Why drag me away from where I need to go just to have that pointless interlude?

I found a treasure chest, but apparently, I can't open it, or interacting with the Centurions either, not while I'm a dog... I've also got a bad feeling that the only controlling Pit is doing some bad things, and that Palutena's forces are trying to kill him... or worse, he's actually more competent and they don't NEED the original Pit anymore! D:

MAGNUS IS BACK! YES!! Hopefully, he won't turn evil... I like his "morally ambiguous badass" self more.

...The FUCK?! 3 years have past?! That is NOT good!

Well, this game certainly LOVES throwing plot twists at us. It's like they had a check list of cliches they can use in this game and used them all at once!

Also, as awesome as Magnus is, controlling hims a bitch, especially since I can't shoot anything, and there's no targeting system... I've almost lost all my health already!

Thank GOODNESS I can just run past some of them. I never really liked forced stealth, but here, I'm really relieved, given my health levels...

"Juggernaut", huh? You know, as pathetic as some of Palutenas forces are, they always did have amazing vehicles and weapons. Also, I feel like an idiot, I took the Juggernaut head-on, when there was a path to go around and attack it from behind. :-[

Well, I didn't make that mistake again, next Juggernaut I saw, I kept my eyes open for a path around, and sure enough, there was one... with a Minicutie in it. They're a lot easier to beat when I'm Magnus.

So... Palutena's army is still fighting the Underworld... But they're also attacking humans? You know, looking back, I suppose Palutena's "leave the humans alone" policy is a lot better than I gave it credit for...

The Hot Spring scene... reveals some interesting stuff... Apparently humans aren't healed by hot springs... So it's only the Angels that are effected by it? Also, the "remove pants" joke falls flat when you realize Pit always soaks in hot springs with his close on... Although, then again, I'm not even sure if he wears pants.

Now that I get a close look at the Juggernauts, they appear to have a statue of a head of a bearded man... Old Man Zeus?

"They get revived after they die". OH, so THAT'S how he explains it... Boy, lives and souls in this game are confusing... I mean, Gods can revive not only minions, but other Gods on a whim? Is there any way to just die normally? Either way, this is a very good explanation for how Pit repeatedly dies but always seems to be coming back to life... Then again, I doubt dying can be very pleasant. Not to mention, Pit's right, there's no real incentive to get stronger if you can just be revived.

Magnus is a good friend for Pit to have... I also like how Pit had to fix his crown when celebrating his return.

Flying stage after the land stage. THAT'S unique.

Viridi! That BITCH! What did she do with Palutena! :mad:

Crap, now I'm caring for Palutena... Granted, I got sick of Pit constantly sucking up to her and her troll-like nature, but like most have said, she's FAR better and less destructive then Viridi is... What's weird, though, is that Viridi has her own Treasure Hunt/Checklist, and her artwork makes her seem more pleasant and not especially evil...

Wait, so Viridi is controlling Pit... because she's helping him?! And the Centurioins are attacking me?! What the Hell, I thought they'd be on my side, what's going on?!

...I guess Viridi IS a good guy... Sort of... For now. I always knew she was better than Hades. Maybe I shouldn't have jump the gun like that...

lol "praying to who?" ...And my laugher stops when I see what's left of Skyworld. :(

Okay, someone's definitely possessing Palutena. I'm guessing it's Medusa's soul or something.

WHOA! It's like the game did a complete 180! Now I'm serving Viridi, and the solo mode menu's changed up! And apparently, Viridi hates suck-ups and doesn't like being praised... the bitch. But hey, maybe this will start to show us in... And look at that, even the offerings have changed from Palutena to Viridi! Of course now I have to start all over with her...

I have to say, this is the most intriguing plot twist yet. I'm actually kind of liking it!

Smashgoom202 said:
Gamefreak75 said:

Chapter 17 is definitely my least favorite level so far. Horrible flying session and absolutely hellish land battle. Also, no treasure, or very little so trying to even go through it on 5+ intensity is not even worth it. And I got my first game over since all my Centurions died, which was *bleep*ty because there was a dumb Aurum Fire Wyrm that I didn't see attacking my Centurions from below my platform.

You do realized Pigma was a bad guy too, and he, like Pyrrhon, only got possessed because he had bad intentions when he got himself involved with the alien forces he was dealing with, right? Same with Magolor, he CLEARLY used Kirby and his friends just so he could get the Master Crown.

Either way, I'm glad I wasn't the only one how hated chapter 17. Maybe chapter 18 will be better (it certainly didn't have a hard act to follow).

Whoa... Well... This is interesting... Pit got turned into a ring... "Chaos Kin". Sounds important...

I hope this poor kid doesn't get too messed up getting involved with Pit... It also looks like she lives in a war-torn area, poor girl. :(

You know, when I bought this game, I never thought I'd be controlling a dog through Pit who's stick in a ring... Also, the whole "eating garbage off the ground" thing smack with Pit eating food regularly placed on the ground. Lest we forget, "Floor Ice Cream gives you health!"

Well, that was weird, the dog started walking toward the wall... Because Pit's craving garbage? Why drag me away from where I need to go just to have that pointless interlude?

I found a treasure chest, but apparently, I can't open it, or interacting with the Centurions either, not while I'm a dog... I've also got a bad feeling that the only controlling Pit is doing some bad things, and that Palutena's forces are trying to kill him... or worse, he's actually more competent and they don't NEED the original Pit anymore! D:

MAGNUS IS BACK! YES!! Hopefully, he won't turn evil... I like his "morally ambiguous badass" self more.

...The FUCK?! 3 years have past?! That is NOT good!

Well, this game certainly LOVES throwing plot twists at us. It's like they had a check list of cliches they can use in this game and used them all at once!

Also, as awesome as Magnus is, controlling hims a bitch, especially since I can't shoot anything, and there's no targeting system... I've almost lost all my health already!

Thank GOODNESS I can just run past some of them. I never really liked forced stealth, but here, I'm really relieved, given my health levels...

"Juggernaut", huh? You know, as pathetic as some of Palutenas forces are, they always did have amazing vehicles and weapons. Also, I feel like an idiot, I took the Juggernaut head-on, when there was a path to go around and attack it from behind. :-[

Well, I didn't make that mistake again, next Juggernaut I saw, I kept my eyes open for a path around, and sure enough, there was one... with a Minicutie in it. They're a lot easier to beat when I'm Magnus.

So... Palutena's army is still fighting the Underworld... But they're also attacking humans? You know, looking back, I suppose Palutena's "leave the humans alone" policy is a lot better than I gave it credit for...

The Hot Spring scene... reveals some interesting stuff... Apparently humans aren't healed by hot springs... So it's only the Angels that are effected by it? Also, the "remove pants" joke falls flat when you realize Pit always soaks in hot springs with his close on... Although, then again, I'm not even sure if he wears pants.

Now that I get a close look at the Juggernauts, they appear to have a statue of a head of a bearded man... Old Man Zeus?

"They get revived after they die". OH, so THAT'S how he explains it... Boy, lives and souls in this game are confusing... I mean, Gods can revive not only minions, but other Gods on a whim? Is there any way to just die normally? Either way, this is a very good explanation for how Pit repeatedly dies but always seems to be coming back to life... Then again, I doubt dying can be very pleasant. Not to mention, Pit's right, there's no real incentive to get stronger if you can just be revived.

Magnus is a good friend for Pit to have... I also like how Pit had to fix his crown when celebrating his return.

Flying stage after the land stage. THAT'S unique.

Viridi! That BITCH! What did she do with Palutena! :mad:

Crap, now I'm caring for Palutena... Granted, I got sick of Pit constantly sucking up to her and her troll-like nature, but like most have said, she's FAR better and less destructive then Viridi is... What's weird, though, is that Viridi has her own Treasure Hunt/Checklist, and her artwork makes her seem more pleasant and not especially evil...

Wait, so Viridi is controlling Pit... because she's helping him?! And the Centurioins are attacking me?! What the Hell, I thought they'd be on my side, what's going on?!

...I guess Viridi IS a good guy... Sort of... For now. I always knew she was better than Hades. Maybe I shouldn't have jump the gun like that...

lol "praying to who?" ...And my laugher stops when I see what's left of Skyworld. :(

Okay, someone's definitely possessing Palutena. I'm guessing it's Medusa's soul or something.

WHOA! It's like the game did a complete 180! Now I'm serving Viridi, and the solo mode menu's changed up! And apparently, Viridi hates suck-ups and doesn't like being praised... the bitch. But hey, maybe this will start to show us in... And look at that, even the offerings have changed from Palutena to Viridi! Of course now I have to start all over with her...

I have to say, this is the most intriguing plot twist yet. I'm actually kind of liking it!

You use Magnus to open the treasure chest. Once you get control of him, you turn around, break the wall down, then open the treasure chest.

The next chapter's one of my favorites, but it's pretty long, so be prepared.

Chapter 18 is definitely a lot better than 17.

Also, it was cool to control Magnus and it felt so good to take out the damn Mimicutie in like three hits. I almost died on the first Mimicutie found in Thanatos's lair. Also I faced all the Juggernauts head on because I didn't even notice the paths.

Pit's Body was a pain.

I also really like the new hub world + music change. It looks nicer than the bland white one. However, I do hope that there's a way to alternate between Palutena and Viridi's hubs later on.

Wait, what happened
between those three years? And what happened to poor trollish Palutena!!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!??!!?!??

Back