Kid Icarus: Uprising

I feel it almost NEEDS a sequal as there are so many unanswered questions.

Lily said:
Same here! The game greatly expanded the Kid Icarus world and universe, but left so many details unexpanded. It's kind of unsatisfying, really, like they include SO MUCH STUFF in the game, most of it sounding awesome and you think they're going to come back to later but they never do...
Of course, given how the Aurum just come out of nowhere and only serve to force the plot to come to a halt just to deal with them and have no overall effect on the story as a whole, I get the feeling that they were just throwing stuff in there just because they can, regardless of context or specifics.

Poseidon only shows up in one chapter, and we never hear from him again.

No real resolution to Viridi's plot. Just as you're about to go after her, the Aurum appear, and from Chapter 16-onwards, she's an ally for the rest of the game. No explanation is given for her switching sides aside from an optional and easily missable (you need to ride the left grind rail when Viridi sends the Forces of Nature in to help) conversation in Chapter 16.

We know nothing about Magnus and Gaol, except that Magnus's child was killed by the Underworld Army, and that Gaol went to spy on the Underworld Army but was captured and imprisoned in the armor.

So yes, there's plenty of stuff to work with.

Smashgoom202 said:
Lily said:
Same here! The game greatly expanded the Kid Icarus world and universe, but left so many details unexpanded. It's kind of unsatisfying, really, like they include SO MUCH STUFF in the game, most of it sounding awesome and you think they're going to come back to later but they never do...
Well, too bad cause Sakurai said that he's probably not going to make one in the near future. Or at all.

I had no real expectations going in to this game, and it turned out I loved it. The characters are hilarious, and I didn't have much trouble with the controls. What I loved about the story is you had no idea what was going to happen next.

What if there's going to be a bad sequel that will make all the characters one-dimensional? Here are my predictions:
Pit: Equivalent to Patrick Star, complete idiot
Paluntena: Nerd, constantly played for laughs
Hades: Cliched villain, "I'M SO EVIL"
Dark Pit: Depressed, suicidial, but never actually does anything about it
Magnus: Goes into pointless dialogue about how cool he is
Viridi: Never thinks about anything but nature
Any characters I missed?

Tomoko Kuroki said:
didn't Sakurai say he didn't want to give it a sequel
I know. It never hurts to hope, though (and that the characters don't change)
Anyway, if they don't make a sequel, I'll just hire a Palutena fetishist to make a fanfiction about one. No idea how THAT'll turn out, right?

You know what would be awesome? If Platinum Games helped make a sequel. That type of gameplay seems right up their alley. The insane customisation, the hidden collectibles, the fast-pace plot...

I wonder how the combat and the over-the-top style will work since those are also styles from Platinum games.

Back