Kid Icarus: Uprising

Ornithologist Mario said:
^Have you tried it?

This part is pretty disappointing. It feels like a handicap.
I've tried it twice and it's very uncomfortable. I always switch it right back to the normal controls because I can't move around easily.

I started using the Hedgehog Claws I bought.

Overall Defense +1
Running Speed +4
Item Attack +2

4 & Half Ranged Power
2 Melee Power
Value: 275

I personally love Pit's cheery attitude. And even though smashgoom keeps going on about how annoying he is and pointing out the flaws, I think all the characters are great. And I love Dark Pit's attitude, he's a dick to everybody. Its the polar opposite of Pit, which suits him well. Also, the battles against him are extremely fun, like Light Vs Dark with a CPU. Too bad their always so easy.

I'll do Chapter 15+ later on.

RandomGuy said:
Wait, what happened
between those three years? And what happened to poor trollish Palutena!!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!??!!?!??
Perhaps we'll find out in the next chapter... Which I am playing now! :D

You know, I might have underestimated how nice Viridi is, she went to the trouble of rescuing Pit and now she's helping him rescue Palutena from whatever delusion she's under. I always kind of thought that way, if only to defy how stupidly binary Pit's views of good and evil are.

Lightning chariot, a fast battle vehicle... Cool, I suppose. Wait, it's pulled by unicorns?! HELL FREAKING YES!!!

You know, as blunt as Viridi is, she's no worse then Palutena. Palutena always puts Pit in life-threatening situations. I can kind of understand why people would find her (and her voice) annoying, but it doesn't bother me that much.

lol, poor Pit's being shot out of a canon. :P Hey, if Mario can do it, so can Pit!

I rather like Hades. He's a bit... campy, which fits his desire to see others suffer.

I like the design of the master of the Lightning Chariot. Badass.

lol, wow, a Donkey Kong reference! Well, considering there's no fourth wall...

That wind section was a bitch, especially sense I ended up messing up and wasting those Speed Boots I was given!

"Look, the Chariot Master has an Exo Tank!" "Maybe he's a gearhead." "Or a nerd." What's the difference?

"100 gold" What's the use of gold if HEARTS are the currency used in this universe?! Besides, those guys are the minions of Hades, does he really need a reward as an incentive for them to do their work? ...Well, probably...

Hades sure likes to mess with people... You can't trust a thing thing he says... I love this guy!

LOL "This place is so huge, we even had a loading screen back there!" I know I thought I was heading for the boss fight, if only because there was a Drink of the Gods right beforehand.

HOLY CRAP, I'm fighting Plutons! I never made it that far in the original Kid Icarus, but I knew that Plutons were indestructible enemies that stole items from Pit, only to be sold again in Black Markets. Here, thankfully, they're beatable, and it looks like you have to beat them if you're items are stolen. I'd like to think of them as being on the same level of infamy as Reapers and the Eggplant Wizard. Awesome.

Have I mentioned that the Cherubot is the most awesome thing in this game? Well it's the most awesome thing in this game!

Aww, isn't that nice, Viridi gave Pit a hot spring. :3

"Phos" huh? Also, this Chariot Master is so badass...

I like hearing this guy's backstory, and questioning Pit's motivation... He's like an old, world-weary warrior, and I like those kinds of archetypes. And the other unicorn's name is Lux. That's cool. This was a neat chapter.

Edit: And now I beat chapter 20.

AWESOME! Playing on the Lightning Chariot is like a classic space shooter! I love those kinds of play styles!

Oh... So that's what that green guy was like... Well, it looks like Pit and Palutena made a whoopsie, but then again, if Viridi hadn't been so violent and destructive, and actually TOLD what the Lunar Sanctum was for... Wait, why did they go to that place anyway? I'll have to re-play that chapter...

Chaos Kin... New bad guy, what a surprise... I also love how Pit is COMPLETELY clueless about EVERYTHING about the world. He really needs to get out more. Then again, he makes for a good excuse to have characters explain everything to us.

Phosphera's back and holding onto the Lightning Chariot... Yeah, a perfect match for someone like her.

Um... Yeah, Pit, you ARE naive. Don't try to deny it. Even though Palutena isn't herself, that part is at least true. I also have to admit, even though she likes messing with Pit, she IS a Goddess, and if Viridi is anything to go by, it's nice to have a Goddess that's actually nice and caring, if a little playful.

More infor on the Chaos Kin and... Viridi mentions nipples... or was it nibbles, dammit I couldn't hear it that well!

Hades is back... Man, and here I was thinking he'd be the main villain, but screw it, there are too many villains to keep track of! Hades DOES raise a good point, about how Pit can't decide what deserves to live and what doesn't just because it doesn't suit his liking... But then again, he's evil, so he WOULD defend the Chaos Kin. And besides, who created the Gods, anyway? Or have they just always been? This game has so many layers, I love it!

You know, I'd like to say I never thought I'd have to fight Palutena... But in all honesty, I'm more surprised to see Palutena actually fight at all!

Oopsie... I didn't think I didn't have to hurt her... Apparently, there's a bug just above her. I WISH I could say I feel bad... But actually I don't. Yeah, accidents happen.

That's it? That was quick, I expected more of a fight... I'm also a little disappointed that the the bad guy here was just a bug, but then again, we could use a variety of bad guys here, since we've got so many of them in this game.

OH SHIT that damn bug just stole Palutena's... soul? And Dark Pit just opened up the gate wider?! Why? I thought he hated Palutena? Maybe he's changed and thought things through over 3 years...

"Save your game". No fourth wall here.

God damn it. (No Pun intended) I just want to listen to the boss and Pit's conversation but I take them out in mere seconds and never get a chance to listen. The Bosses are never hard :/

Also, I love this part around Chapter 20, with all the plot twists and such.

Dude, Twinbellows will make you his fucking chew toy on 7 intensity plus.

I beat Chapter 1 on 9 intensity and I nearly shat my pants at how intense the fight was. Thank God I have Health Recovery, Land Mine, and that one charge that boosts your attack. Survived with a sliver of health.

Don't get me started on Hewdraw or Dark Lord Gaol on 7 intnsity.

And Cragalanche on 5 intensity....

ugh...

Smugleaf said:
The bosses are never hard?

Try playing on higher difficulties, and you'll see how wrong you are.

Yeah, I know, but I'm reckless and tend to die on the stage before the boss. I usually do 4.5, but I'm doing 4 now, because I died a couple of times on 4.5

But it's fine now.

I did 7 Inetensity Chapter 1, it was hell. Barely won, so I doubt I'll go higher.

Do you guys know of any good powers (especially for together mode). I feel mine aren't that well. I got Health Recovery, Effect Recovery, and Reflect Barrier.

I Beat the game. Great game, and lengthy.

A Part in the ending took me by surprise, you'll know it when it happens.

I use
Health Recovery
Sky Jump (Can be good for making some Shortcuts)
Effect Recovery
Crisis Recovery
Heart Booster
Celestial Firework (for the hell of it, its useless)

Mines in a good position, Crisis Recovery, effect Recovery and Health Recovery are the 3 I slide it into view first. Then when health Recovery is gone, Crisis Recovery goes into view.

So its set up nicely.

Crisis can help when your in a 'crisis', but it doesnt help much. just gives you an extra hit so you dont die by one.

EDIT: Well, I beat Boss Rush

Hades Heart was the hardest, when he runs around all raging is a pain to dodge. Almost died, the rest were mostly cakewalks. Still had one healing item leftover. But it was on easy, turns out theirs actually different difficulties, but it didn't tell you before.

I plan on doing a sort of recap of my thoughts on each chapter.

Boss battles can be pretty hard, even if it is just continuously attacking them. The challenge comes from dodging and evading moves and surviving longer than the boss.

Anyway, just beat chapter 21!

Chaos vortex, fun times! :P

Damn Komaytos, they can be annoying...

Eyes everywhere, hands reaching out at you, areas of darkness, hot spring waterfalls... This place has it all!

I get the feeling the Monoeyes in Pit's way were meant to cater to the 3D gimmick, which it's pointless since I don't play the game in 3D... Not that I'm complaining or anything.

"They look nothing like me, I'm much more attractive" Honestly, I'm up with Viridi, almost everything Pit says in this game is screaming at me to make fun of him.

Which reminds me... I wonder if he things Dark Pit is as hot as he is...

Chasing after the Chaos Kin was annoying, especially since I wasn't sure if I was SUPPOSED to defeat it here or not...

Endurance round, huh? I can take it, come at me bro! Although maybe I shouldn't have eaten most of the food there...

The third wave was particularly annoying since I almost lost all my health...

Crap, a Pluton I didn't see stole my stuff! I don't know what he stole, but it's annoying!

You know, coming up with cute names for your warriors isn't exactly a good thing, particularly if you're trying to strike fear in the hearts of your enemies. Further proof that Viridi is more immature than anything.

OH, here it is! The Metroid reference! Of course, the original Kid Icarus was made with the same engine as Metroid, and had most of the same team working on it, so it only figures there'd be a shout-out to the game.

So... Dark Pit NEEDS Pit? That's... interesting... Well, he HAS had 3 years to think about this...

I did think it was weird, like Pit said, that the Chaos Kin is making copies of the Aurum's copies of enemies Pit's faced before... It's like some kind of enemy inception!

Having Monoliths block my attacks is really annoying.

That was a nice speech by both Pit and Dark Pit... they work well together...

Okay, I don't know what the thing at the center of the stage is supposed to be for, but whatever, I'm just going to keep attacking it like I always do.

Wait, how did Palutena suddenly get there? OH *bleep*, NOW DARK PIT'S BEEN ATTACKED! And it sucks that Pit is still calling him "Pittoo", please can't you have SOME class as to call him Dark Pit, the much BETTER name? So how does the Power of Flight work? Pit can use it repeatedly but not immediately after one use? How long does he have to wait before using it again without his wings burning up? I was also expecting Dark Pit to say "Forget about me, leave now!" or something, but instead he's begging for help! Well now I HAVE to save him, the poor guy!

At first I wasn't sure that I was supposed to line myself up with Dark Pit, which is tricky because the slightest movement could mess things up... But I saved him... Hopefully he's not invected with the Chaos Kin or anything...

Pit's wing's are gone... And he's still alive, but in bad shape... Palutena, you're a Goddess, can't you do anything?! What's the use of being a God if you can't do anything?!

Cliffhanger... Damn...

Edit: So I bought a Burst Blade at the shop, because I need it for one of the side missions on the Treasure Hunt/Checklist.

And it sucks.

I barely made it through chapter 1 and I died twice playing chapter 2 with it (both on 7.0 intensity). What's funny though is that the second time I died, I died at the exact same moment I defeated Dark Lord Gaol! And luckily, the game decided to count my defeat of Gaol over me being finished! :lol:

I just beat chapter 4 with the Halo Club. I'm still surprised I made it without dying... Yeah, I don't think I like clubs very much I prefer shooting enemies from afar, and only fighting up close when it's absolutely necessary or easier. That said, this one point, where I had to keep shooting this one shelled creature (I forget what it's called) while these swinging blades are in the way, and I kept getting knocked off the ledge. It was annoying as Hell (ironically).

Have you tried out claws? They can do continuous rapid fire for a long time and their charged shots don't take long to reload. Their Melee attack also does plenty of hits.

Funny.

I beat Chaoter 4 with the Hewdraw Club on 5 intensity for that one treasure achievement.

It's a fucking beast of a club.

I prefer Bows though. Worst thing for me are staves.

Also, I love the Guardian Orbitars.

Am I the only one who doesn't like bows? I just hate any weapon that can't continuous fire, and bows shoot two and then stop and then again.

I prefer something like a Claw.

I used the Ninja Palms to yesterday. They are pretty good. (263 or something)

We think alike! Something like a Claw is great!

I want the Cancer Claw, because im not sure what it's strength is compared to my hedgehog claws.

Just beat chapter 22:

Now I'm playing as Dark Pit... Though unlike Magnus, there's no real difference in gameplay.

So Pit needs his wings to survive? Even though they don't do anything?

The "City of Souls"? That sounds like Hades's territory and business... And they're going to try and brake the laws of physics and reality just so Pit will come back to life? Well, it's not the MOST selfish thing a God or Goddess has done in this game.

Wait, so this is a flying-only chapter? HELL YEAH, I love air battles! Land battles are cool, sometimes, but I much prefer air battles, those are easier to play through.

What's weird is that Dark Pit is still trying to play his "I don't have to serve anyone" card, even though he just helped Pit rescue Palutena... So what IS his deal here?

So does Hades KNOW this Pit is completely different form Dark Pit? Regardless, I love his campy sense of humor.

Even VIRIDI calls him Pittoo? For the love of the Gods, it's NOT a good nickname!

So wondering souls get EATEN?! By what? Who eats souls?!

Oh... That... thing... "Soul-Eating Monster"? Couldn't come up with a more creative name for it?

So in this games, souls are like bones or flesh, and they don't make the person... Well that's... interesting. I could have SWORN that's supposed to be what makes the person. Could it be that it's actually the BRAIN that makes the person? Or just all those components stacked into one being? Or maybe Hades is just fucking with us again. After all, he admits to saying souls are delicious...

Well, damn, it looks like Hades has a full-proof plan: use the endless souls he has in his possession to create endless troops in the Underworld army! Dying in this game just got a whole lot more terrifying...

You know, it's been a while since I've played Brain Age... I should try playing it again sometime.

Oh, so it takes a LOT of souls to make an Underworld creation? Well... That's not exactly "sick" per se, but it's still not good.

So wait, if Hades is God of the Underworld, then how long has he been abusing his power and stealing souls as they go into the afterlife? Seriously? And did Medusa know about this when she was still alive? Geez...

Also, Dark Pit tells it like it is, it IS their fault, playing around with everyone else like they own the world... which they do, but still, they can be pretty asshole-ish about it.

Dang it, this chapter's tough. I was on 3.2 intensity and I STILL died!

The Rewind Spring, huh? Reminds me of the Fountain of Youth...

Oh look, Pandora! Well, Dark Pit DID take her powers... And that last fly took out most of my health, dammit! Oh no wait, I'm fully healed now...

Also, why is Pandora red? Was that her original form? Well, no, her original form was... more of a blob than fire-y...

Dammit, I defeated Pandora mid conversation. See, that's the problem with this game, I WANT to hear everything they're saying, but you're CONSTANTLY distracted by what's actually happening in the game!

Amazon Pandora... So this is what she originally looked like, back when she had a body... Makes me wonder how she ended up in that other form... But yeah, I really like her hair. :3

Okay, so the screen flashed, like it normally does when I beat a boss, and Pandora fell to the ground... Yeah, I'm not falling for that.

Okay so Pandora's dead now? That's quick... Also, I thought Hades was going to destroy the Rewind Spring? Where was he during this ending...

Also, Pit springs back to life JUST because his wings are back? What, are the wings the source of his entire being or something? Also, I find it funny that the cool as ice Dark Pit did something stupid like forgetting he can't fly without some outside power source. :P

Interesting chapter, and I get the feeling that we're almost done here... At least I HOPE we're almost done.

Less than 24 hours to get this game when I beat all
chapters, I will be online lot almost everyday

Smashgoom202,

You are very almost of finishing the game

This spoiler is how close of Smashgoom finishing the game, this have no details of the game story, level or boss

Having 25 chapters isn't really a spoiler.

I haven't played it much since I beat it. Got the Cancer Claws but their pretty shit.

Back