Kid Icarus: Uprising

Ya know, I honestly don't understand all the hype about Kid Icarus.

Wasn't it one of those NES games that faded into obscurity because of how mediocre it was?

Dr. Javelin said:

Wasn't it one of those NES games that faded into obscurity because of how mediocre it was?

No, it was one of those NES games that was somewhat popular when released but faded into obscurity after a 1991 Game Boy sequel, as it was eclipsed by Nintendo's more popular franchises. Uprising is the first new installment in just over ten years.

Dr. Javelin said:

But that's the thing, fading into obscurity leaves it available to becoming a cult classic, and a cult classic it did become. It's not mediocre at all, although the first four levels are hard as Hell to get through, which is ironic, since technically you start out in Hell (or "The Underworld" as it's called in-game).

Edit: this site has 5 tunes that are from the game, and they're AWESOME! Check it out:

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/akdj/music/music01.html

Mario4Ever said:
Dr. Javelin said:

No, it was one of those NES games that was somewhat popular when released but faded into obscurity after a 1991 Game Boy sequel, as it was eclipsed by Nintendo's more popular franchises. Uprising is the first new installment in just over ten years.
Hmm.

I don't know, I still think that whenever someone high-up in Nintendo wants whatever their favorite game back in the day was to come back, they put them in SSB and make them good.

Voila, instant fan following.

Notice what happened to Marth and Roy in Melee? And Pit in Brawl?

(not that Pit was good)

Pit being bad is your opinion but you dont have to say it like everybody agrees. He was one of my favorite characters in brawl. I didn't even kow who he was until he was announced. I thik it's really cool how they bring him back and gave him this game. And the game looks superb as well.

Smugleaf said:

The voice acting and dialogue are much better than I expected them to be.
That guy who spoke from 0:27 to 0:32... Is that Old Man Zues? Oh Palutena, I hope it was!

And now, not ONLY are there Eggplant Wizards, but there are... Some kind of deep-fried wizards who EAT YOU?! And he has one for a head, doesn't that make him a cannibal?!

Pandora returns, along with Twinbellows and Hewdraw, and this Thanatos guy looks awesome, but apparently he's those serpents who attacked Pit during the final boss in Kid Icarus? Those were called Tanatos, though...

Well, whatever, this is the BEST TRAILER YET!

Oh come on, Shrimp Wizards? The Eggplant Wizards were already bad.

I hope there aren't any labyrinths that you have to navigate just to find a nurse again...

Dark Lord Gaol said:
Go to Nintendo Video and watch Kid Icarus 3D Anime
Oh shit, it's out already?!

...The only videos I'm getting are "Little Boat 3D", "Pancake Monster", "The Woman in the Fifth", and "NYC Cabbie Competition".

Smashgoom202 said:
Dark Lord Gaol said:
Go to Nintendo Video and watch Kid Icarus 3D Anime
Oh shit, it's out already?!

...The only videos I'm getting are "Little Boat 3D", "Pancake Monster", "The Woman in the Fifth", and "NYC Cabbie Competition".

It took a while to come up for me too, but it did.

Smugleaf said:
It took a while to come up for me too, but it did.
OH, now it showed up! ;D

So, yeah, the animation on Pit's face is pretty bad, and so's the lip sinking... And Thanatos, while enjoyably goofy, does have some weird lines to him... Either way, I hope part 2 comes soon.

Dark Lord Gaol said:
Part 2 came out
Yeah, the facial animation and mouth movements are still as dull and lifeless as ever...

But I totally lost it when
Palutena mentioned BLOGS of all things! :eek:
Yeah, REALLY out-there humor that you'd never expect to hear from something like this. :???:

Despite those things, I do get a kick out of watching these Kid Icarus shorts.

Smashgoom202 said:
Dark Lord Gaol said:
Part 2 came out
Yeah, the facial animation and mouth movements are still as dull and lifeless as ever...

Yeah, REALLY out-there humor that you'd never expect to hear from something like this. :???:

Despite those things, I do get a kick out of watching these Kid Icarus shorts.

I didn't think Palutena kept up with technological advancements. ;)

For a god of death, Thanthos's voice doesn't really sound like his character...which I like.

Also, don't forget there are 2 other Kid Icarus animes made by 2 other studios. Let's see how these turn out.

One of my favorite parts was when it used 8-bit Kid Icarus sprites in the "Palutenavision"

Smashgoom202 said:
That too. xD.

Back