Kid Icarus: Uprising

Gameplay wise? Fuck no. It's like an action packed 3d fast paced beat em up. Go from point a to point b destroying enemies and getting new weapons. Also bosses and the stuff a normal game would have.

At least from what I've seen.

Monkey D. Luffy said:
Gameplay wise? *bleep* no. It's like an action packed 3d fast paced beat em up. Go from point a to point b destroying enemies and getting new weapons. Also bosses and the stuff a normal game would have.

At least from what I've seen.
So like, platform super smash bros?

Hmmm, yea, kind of like that. But flashier.

Im looking forward to trying out all the weapons. The claw weapons look interesting but s does that huge fist one they showed.

And in multiplayer, he stronger the weapon your holding is, the more your team bar goes down when you die. To prevent being too strong. Which is awesome.

I got some kind of AR card for the game in GameInformer magazine. What do they do for the game? It's like a Palutena's army one and it's "Power of Flight"

It unlocks weapons

Free AR cards

http://kidicarus.nintendo.com/uprising/explore-the-game/arcards.html#giveaway

Just saw part 3!

Thanatos certainly is a goofy villain. I can tell by all the comical sound-effects he makes when he bounces around, and that ridiculous voice. ...I like that about him.

I feel that the animation could have been better, and they could have TRIED to matched the lip sink up a bit more...

I have to say, though,
when that gear landed on Thanatos... OUCH! :eek: The Dandilion thing, though, that has got to be the corniest thing I've seen in these videos. And given the dialogue, that's saying a LOT!

Overally, an enjoyable short. I have a feeling the other anime shorts will be better, though.

Also,
RAGE QUIT! RAGE QUIT! lol ;D

Part one of the next anime short, Medusa's Revenge, is now available on Nintendo Videos! :D

I am LOVING the animation! Also, Pit's old look back in the original Kid Icarus, as depicted by this anime.

Since I'm such a dork for Nintendo history, I know the original backstory for Medusa and Palutena, as told from the instruction manuals for the game. Namely, Palutena and Medusa co-ruled the land, but while Palutena ruled in the Palace in the Sky and made sure humanity could live in peace, Medusa loathed morals and decided to use her powers to kill their crops and turn the people into stone. Angered by this, Palutena turned Medusa into a hideous monster and banished her into the Underworld, where she vowed revenge.

Part of this anime seems to take place during that time... That time in which Medusa and Palutena were ruling as equals, and before Medusa turned into a one-eyed green monster... AWESOME! :)

I just LOVE how Pit's animated in this one, it's SO much better then the dull, expressionless looks he had in the last short!

Although, I have to wonder... Why doesn't Palutena deal with Medusa herself, since she's not imprisoned anymore?

Palutena's Revolting Dinner part 1 now available on Nintendo Video!

This is probably the most sitcomy, regular show-sounding premise as opposed to the previous two, with their action and fighting evil.

I like that, it's fun that way, and in that sense, it matches the tone of the game.

Hamburgers, huh? Can you say "Americanization"? I DID like the idea of Pit worried about literally turning into a hamburger... Not that he's ever been turned into food before or anything. :roll:

Donuts or cake? Looks like Pit is a junk food nut! XD

"Angels cannot live by breadsticks alone." Nice Palutena, did you just make that up now?

Wow... Palutena's awfully calm after seeing the carrots have grown ARMS AND LEGS AND HAVE A BIG EYE ON THEM! And then she just expect them to be okay with being cooked and eaten, what's wrong with her?

You know, it's funny, back in the day, I wouldn't have expected all this technological stuff, or the idea that Palutena could actually be something other than comically serious. And ye here she is, with big poofy green hair. :P

Not to mention, for a Goddess, she seems to be having a lot of trouble keeping those carrots under control... And being nearly toppled by that giant statue. Where's her staff, anyway? You'd think, being a Goddess and all, she'd just wave her hand/staff and everything would be under control...

Oh, so she can apparently make the staff come out of nowhere... So... why did she go through all that running and falling?

Ridiculous, but fun short. Since this has a part 1 to it, I'm guessing there's going to be another part soon. Maybe
Pit, thinking Palutena's dead, morns or informs the people that she's dead or something...

Fawfulfury65 said:
Is it just me, or do the AR cards not work?
They work fine for me... Although not at first. The second time they worked just fine. I think you need a flat, well-lit surface for it to work properly.

My first impressions of the game:

The idols thing really caught my attention, and it's pretty much this game's answer to the trophies in Super Smash Bros. I LOVE this idea, I love to know more about the characters and enemies in this game! Apparently, the cards I collect can become idols... But I almost don't see the point, when I can just egg toss for them. Oh well, I'm a collecting nut, and I'll track down cards anyway. Incidentally, the pack that came with me game had Pit, Palutena, Magnus, Dark Lord Gaol, Insight Staff, and Monoeye.

Good thing they had a music option, the music in this game is awesome! Although it's hard to make it out with all the shooting and talking going on. Seriously, I try to pay attention to what Pit and Palutena are saying for the flying section, but I have to concentrate on defending myself! I also have to say, things get pretty hectic pretty fast in this game...

The flying stages are fine, but the land battles are where it REALLY gets insane. I knew from the moment I learned about it that the camera would be the biggest problem in this game. Slashing across the touch screen then tapping to stop is NOT a good way to control the camera, ESPECIALLY when you're in the middle of a fight and you need to move the camera to see where you have to aim at!

So far the bosses have been the easiest part, just keep shooting at it. Basically they're just really big enemies that take a lot of hits.

As for the story, so far, I've only beat two chapters, and I have to admit, I really sympathized with Magnus. I was totally on his side when he said Palutena was slacking off! Just what DOES she do in this game aside from send Pit to do the dirty work and give him the power of flight? At least in the first two games, she had the excuse of being imprisoned. But then again, if she wasn't imprisoned, we wouldn't have all this HILARIOUS dialogue! :P

Also, I like how Medusa hung a lampshade, saying it's been 25 years since she's been free. That was when the original Kid Icarus was released! Of course, it wasn't the LAST Kid Icarus game before this one, there was Of Myths and Monsters in 1991 for the Game Boy.

Magnus is pretty cool, I hope we see more of him... Gaol went down WAY to quickly to make any kind of impact on me, but DAMN
to find out that she was actually a GIRL?! That's got to be the biggest and most unexpected kind of twist I've seen in recent years, ESPECIALLY since Gaol had a deep voice, and lots of evil, masculine-looking armor! Wonder if we'll see HER again, too?

Yeah, I found out Gaol was a girl because of a review. I mean don't put clips in if it spoils it. So the biggest twist was spoiled for me before I got a chance to play it :(

Man this game is addicting, I've played through the first chapter several times just to rack up on Hearts.

Not that I didn't have time to beat Chapters 3 and 4. Chapter 4 was awesome, BTW! Reapers and the Eggplant Wizard are my favorite (and most despised) enemies of the Kid Icarus series!

BTW, I've heard that the giant Reaper you fight in chapter 4 is called "Big Reaper", but the game calls it a "Great Reaper" (or was it Grand Reaper), and in one place, I even heard it was called Cronus after on of the Titans in Greek Mythology! Does anyone know for sure?

BTW, Hewdraw is a very classy boss.

This game is fun, but it has all the things I hated about Adventure Mode in SSBB in it. Like the massive amount of enemies they make you kill at once before you can progress. I am not right handed so I have a lot of trouble fighting all those enemies so quickly.

This game should have been bundled with the extra circle pad...

Fawfulfury65 said:
This game is fun, but it has all the things I hated about Adventure Mode in SSBB in it. Like the massive amount of enemies they make you kill at once before you can progress. I am not right handed so I have a lot of trouble fighting all those enemies so quickly.

Is the game even compatible with that, or does it only use the Touch Screen for camera control?

While I'm still playing the game, the last Kid Icarus anime short has been released, part 2 of Palutena's Revolting Dinner!

Well, way to open it up right, Palutena in a hot spring... And apparently the word is out that the vegetables have come to life, and now Pit and the Centurions have been assembled... I have to say, though, quite a few of those Centurions look really buff, I wonder if they're a special class?

The animation for this short is REALLY good. I also think it's funny that this "Goddess of Light" is so incompetent that he needs Pit and her followers to do most of the dirty work, but here, when she's forces to actually do something herself, she's a total ditz! XP

Also, at one point, I could have sworn I saw her walk/run on water... Well, she IS a Goddess, although they don't really explain or define what kind of powers she has...

So water makes their power go away. How convenient. Not that I'm complaining, of course. ;)

WHOA, she's actually using claw weapons! That's pretty badass! ...But, no, she misses her one moment of badassery with this suprise... pumpkin attack? And she's actually at the heart of the explosion! Eh, she'll be fine, she's a Goddess, right?

"We are going out for dinner." Wa-wa-waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! XP

Well, that was fun. I'm glad there's all these tie-ins for the new Kid Icarus game. Hopefully, this revival, plus Nintendo's support, this franchise will grow to be as popular as... Well, at least as popular as Donkey Kong or Kirby even Metroid, I don't expect this to be the next Mario, Pokemon or The Legend of Zelda.

Mario4Ever said:
Fawfulfury65 said:

Is the game even compatible with that, or does it only use the Touch Screen for camera control?
I hope it's compatible with it. You have to use the touch screen to move that camera, which is pretty annoying to me. I have trouble moving it around.

Fawfulfury65 said:
Mario4Ever said:
Fawfulfury65 said:

I hope it's compatible with it. You have to use the touch screen to move that camera, which is pretty annoying to me. I have trouble moving it around.

Good news, Sakurai says it is. http://www.computerandvideogames.com/331697/kid-icarus-uprising-uses-circle-pad-pro/

Fawfulfury65 said:
Mario4Ever said:
Fawfulfury65 said:

Same here. Other then the camera this game is really fun. I'm addicted to the Light V.S Dark angel thing.

Played through chapter 5... it felt like I was playing the original Star Fox! :eek:

Also, Dark Pit, or "Pittoo"... Palutena sucks at creating names. Pittooey is much better. Anyway, Dark Pit is just as genericly badass as I expected from an evil twin. :-\

That being said, I DO like Dark Pit's point about Pit blindly following Palutena... Yeah, she's generally GOOD, but she DID admit to Pit moments earlier that she would gladly abuse the power of having multiply Pits... Although, it was hard to tell if she's really joking or not... I really hope this gets addressed in a later chapter.

Smashgoom202 said:
Played through chapter 5... it felt like I was playing the original Star Fox! :eek:

Also, Dark Pit, or "Pittoo"... Palutena sucks at creating names. Pittooey is much better. Anyway, Dark Pit is just as genericly badass as I expected from an evil twin. :-\

That being said, I DO like Dark Pit's point about Pit blindly following Palutena... Yeah, she's generally GOOD, but she DID admit to Pit moments earlier that she would gladly abuse the power of having multiply Pits... Although, it was hard to tell if she's really joking or not... I really hope this gets addressed in a later chapter.
Dark Pit is pretty cool. He just looks awesome.

I like Palutena a lot, but sometimes she has that, you know "personality" of hers that bugs me.

Back