Kid Icarus: Uprising

You need to play multiplayer and we can fight each other and I plan to get all Zodiac weapons, those is very powerful weapons and how many AR idols have you scanned?

I beat the game. Chapter 25 is a bitch. Had it on 3.5 difficulty and still died.

Also, about Chapter 22:

I thought Pandora was hot before, but now she's hotter.

Get it? She's a ball of fire...
Heh heh heh...

Gamefreak75 said:
I beat the game. Chapter 25 is a bitch. Had it on 3.5 difficulty and still died.

Also, about Chapter 22:

I thought Pandora was hot before, but now she's hotter.

Get it? She's a ball of fire...
Heh heh heh...

I died at the part after you chopped Hades in half on 4.0
Then I didnt have much trouble when it went down to 3.0.

Dark Lord Gaol said:
You need to play multiplayer and we can fight each other and I plan to get all Zodiac weapons, those is very powerful weapons and how many AR idols have you scanned?
Yeah sure, but the zodiac weapons aren't THAT powerful. I got the Cancer Claws and they had 1 ranged power and 0.5 melee power. Not so good :/ and the bonuses were pretty crap as well.

Oh, but which you think is powerful weapon and I think it is black club weapon and have we friends in 3DS?

Dark Lord Gaol said:
Oh, but which you think is powerful weapon and I think it is black club weapon and have we friends in 3DS?

Well the Hedgehog Claws I have are 4.5 Ranged and 2 Melee, with 5 good bonuses.

Whats your 3DS name? I'm sure I added you but I dont remember who you were...

I just completed the achievement for finishing chapter 1 under 4 minutes! Get a weapon with +4 Speed and use the lightweight power. Really zip by the stage with that!

Anyway, gonna start playing chapter 23 now!

Alright, the three sacred treasures! I love using these things!

Really, why didn't we attack Hades sooner? Maybe if we went after him immediately, none of this would have happened... But then again... None of this would have happened, so yeah, entertainment-wise, maybe it WAS a good thing they didn't immediately go after Hades... But to think it took this long before finally deciding to go after him... It was like, what, 12-13 chapters of him lingering at the sidelines before finally becoming enough of a threat to take down personally?

lol, I liked it when Pit finally confronts Pit, it's all like "HADES!" "PIT!" "HADES!" "PIT!" So hilarious this guy is!

Well *bleep*, the Three Sacred Treasures were destroyed... I guess having them rarely used and lack of proper polish wasn't a good thing. :(

And then Hades ate Pit... Wow... You know, it's rare to have a villain that's not a mindless monster actually EAT the hero. Kind of... disturbing...

ESPECIALLY when Hades actually starts talking to Pit while he's inside him! D:

And talking about expelling him the "old-fashioned way" DX

Also, who'd of thought the inside of Hades would look all chamber-like and roomy?

Also, I just realized, since Palutena can't reach Pit, that means to food he finds here are... eww...

BTW, I'm using the Tiger Claws here. They're pretty rad.

I also hate coming into a new area while a conversation's going on, only to have a new conversation interrupt the old one. Now I missed out on some things...

I think it's funny that Pit can't exactly come up with a divine/epic speech on his own... "I have ideas too... sometimes." Poor Pit's such a freaking yes man to Palutena, it's almost pathetic.

Now Pit's talking to himself... This really shows how much he needs some support on his adventures... Or at least this one, he seemed fine in the first and second games...

Okay, now Hades just punched himself... Now buildings and regular enemies (not Hades cells enemies but normal Underworld enemies) are appearing everywhere... what.

I like Hades pointing out Pit's logic, namely "reincarnation", the idea that a soul lives on by becoming a completely different then before. So really, what good is a soul by itself? Hades is, like, the ULTIMATE troll, and it's funny to watch him poke holes in Pit's very naive and positive/optimistic outlook on life... Really, this game is awesome mostly BECAUSE of all the moral gray areas it goes into with it's universe, and Pit, even though it's been 25 years, is still basically a child, pretty much raised by Palutena with her teachings, and has a very narrow outlook on the world, and has a hard time actually thinking for himself... And then he begs for mercy when Hades threatens to digest him again... Poor kid. (Icarus :P)

Good lord, now Pit's mimicing Viridi? For the love of the Gods, Pit REALLY needs to get a LIFE! ...That statement is SO ironic, considering what Hades just went through talking to Pit about.

Now he's fighting Hades heart? How the heck did Pit get form Hades stomach to where his heart is? And it looks like his heart's alive and can move around this maze... Weird. Also, this is good, while Hades is distracted with Viridi's forces, Pit can attack the heart!

The way the heart attacks... It's like a combination of Pac-Man and Bomberman! How awesome!

Dark Pit and the Lightning Chariot saves the day! And Hades... is somehow still alive... So, why did he even need his heart in the first place? Ah well, it made for an interesting boss fight.

Edit: So I went into my local GameStop to see if they were selling any Kid Icarus AR cards, of if someone had sold theirs and they were selling "pre-owned" ones. He said he didn't, but then went back and gave me 6 cards he found, free of charge!

-Eggplant Wizard
-Fiend's Cauldron
-Skyscraper Club
-Fireworks Cannon
-Minos

And this weird card that basically explains what the AR cards do...

Hey this game is pretty fun

Dark Lord Gaol said:
I hate those Grim Reapers in chapter 4, they killed me really bad and quickly with 2.0 hard
Yes, unlike the equally infamous Eggplant Wizard, who just became more of an annoyance in this game, the Reapers are still enemies to be feared!

BTW, I also got the Power of Flight from the latest issue of Game Informer.

I also beat chapter 24!

lol, the first few enemies in this stage moved like Space Invaders! XD

Dyntos... cool name! And he's a cool old guy, too! "God of the Forge"... I always had a certain kind of love for blacksmiths, there's something cool about a guy who makes awesome weapons for a living!

Also, the weapon I'm using now are... those bare fists, I forget their name... They're claw weapons, even though they aren't claws. But hey, the guy who not only created these, but all weapons, AND the original Tree Sacred Treasures HAS to be something awesome!

Classic Kid Icarus fortress music, FTW! XD

Whoa, Aurum troops? This must be the first of those three trials mentioned in the title of this chapter.

HA! I love this old guy's voice! Awesome!

I like how the classic Fortress music transitioned into the modern remix heard in chapter 7!

I crashed into an Orne... and died instantly... But can you blame me? They came up so fast and I didn't have much time to attack them! :mad:

Anyway, I heard Dyntos say that he "forged" the enemies I'm facing... He claims their superior to the original. Given how many attacks these things can take, I agree.

Pit sure has a bad habit of putting his foot in his mouth. It's a good think Dyntos is a cool guy to let things like this slide.

I died AGAIN! Dang giant weapons! I just keep getting hit by enemies and attacks I either didn't see or don't have time to move out of the way!

I have to say, even though this is a challenging stage, I love this fist weapons I'm using! :D

Dang, I hated this Phoenix boss! But wait, Dyntos CREATED the Phoenix? Or just this version of the Phoenix?

So, this is going to be like Medusa's lair, I'm going to have to re-fight certain bosses? 'Kay...

How come sometimes when I attack an Orne, none of my attacks work?!

"My goodness you're thick, IT MEANS THEY'RE ALL TRAPS YOU DUNCE!" I freaking LOVE that line, it pretty much sums up Pit's character!

A Medusa Head? Aww CRAP a Reaper-oh... The Medusa Head turned it into stone... Lucky me! >: D

Cragalanche! I love this boss! Even though he's really... well, tough. To beat. :(

Whoa... Dyntos can see into Pit's mind... He can create powerful enemies on a whim... It's a good thing he's so lazy-er, unmotivated...

Boy that one particular Monoeye sure took a lot of hits before going to the third boss...

The Space Kraken again... I really have to say, I love Dyntos a lot! It's like Pyrrhon, if he didn't suddenly turn evil.

Wait, all that was just the first trial? Dang! Now I'm facing... MAGNUS AND DARK LORD GAOL?! Oh wait, they're not real, these are just imitators created by Cyntos, right?

...No... They're real... Even Gaol's talking in a more feminine voice, showing that's she's no longer evil... Jumping Jiminy, what a twist!

I have to admit, I want to hear more about Magnus and Gaol, and I'd like to know their story... Unfortunately, I don't think we'll be getting any answers in this game... Maybe in the sequel?

Boy, taking them down both at once is challenging work... But I managed to beat Gaol, time for Magnus! Than the GODS I got a Drink of the Gods after beating her, I lost a lot of health!

lol, wow, Palutena sure likes teasing Pit like this, pretending to be all mean and evil while fighting Pit here! XD

Oh wait.. I guess that ISN'T the real Palutena... "Pseudo-Palutena" sure has a nasty... voice.

Aw crap, Palutena was about to tell me where she was, but then she went "WATCH OUT, PIT!" Dang it, I HATE it when new conversations interrupt each other! :mad:

Anyway, if this is the "Grand Sacred Treasure", and Pit beats it, then it won't be much use against Hades, would it? Or perhaps, this ISN'T the true Grand Sacred Treasure...

Oh well, we'll just have to see how well it does... The next chapter's the final one! The final battle is upon us!

Smashgoom202 said:
Dark Lord Gaol said:
I hate those Grim Reapers in chapter 4, they killed me really bad and quickly with 2.0 hard
Yes, unlike the equally infamous Eggplant Wizard, who just became more of an annoyance in this game, the Reapers are still enemies to be feared!

BTW, I also got the Power of Flight from the latest issue of Game Informer.

I also beat chapter 24!

lol, the first few enemies in this stage moved like Space Invaders! XD

Dyntos... cool name! And he's a cool old guy, too! "God of the Forge"... I always had a certain kind of love for blacksmiths, there's something cool about a guy who makes awesome weapons for a living!

Also, the weapon I'm using now are... those bare fists, I forget their name... They're claw weapons, even though they aren't claws. But hey, the guy who not only created these, but all weapons, AND the original Tree Sacred Treasures HAS to be something awesome!

Classic Kid Icarus fortress music, FTW! XD

Whoa, Aurum troops? This must be the first of those three trials mentioned in the title of this chapter.

HA! I love this old guy's voice! Awesome!

I like how the classic Fortress music transitioned into the modern remix heard in chapter 7!

I crashed into an Orne... and died instantly... But can you blame me? They came up so fast and I didn't have much time to attack them! :mad:

Anyway, I heard Dyntos say that he "forged" the enemies I'm facing... He claims their superior to the original. Given how many attacks these things can take, I agree.

Pit sure has a bad habit of putting his foot in his mouth. It's a good think Dyntos is a cool guy to let things like this slide.

I died AGAIN! Dang giant weapons! I just keep getting hit by enemies and attacks I either didn't see or don't have time to move out of the way!

I have to say, even though this is a challenging stage, I love this fist weapons I'm using! :D

Dang, I hated this Phoenix boss! But wait, Dyntos CREATED the Phoenix? Or just this version of the Phoenix?

So, this is going to be like Medusa's lair, I'm going to have to re-fight certain bosses? 'Kay...

How come sometimes when I attack an Orne, none of my attacks work?!

"My goodness you're thick, IT MEANS THEY'RE ALL TRAPS YOU DUNCE!" I freaking LOVE that line, it pretty much sums up Pit's character!

A Medusa Head? Aww CRAP a Reaper-oh... The Medusa Head turned it into stone... Lucky me! >: D

Cragalanche! I love this boss! Even though he's really... well, tough. To beat. :(

Whoa... Dyntos can see into Pit's mind... He can create powerful enemies on a whim... It's a good thing he's so lazy-er, unmotivated...

Boy that one particular Monoeye sure took a lot of hits before going to the third boss...

The Space Kraken again... I really have to say, I love Dyntos a lot! It's like Pyrrhon, if he didn't suddenly turn evil.

Wait, all that was just the first trial? Dang! Now I'm facing... MAGNUS AND DARK LORD GAOL?! Oh wait, they're not real, these are just imitators created by Cyntos, right?

...No... They're real... Even Gaol's talking in a more feminine voice, showing that's she's no longer evil... Jumping Jiminy, what a twist!

I have to admit, I want to hear more about Magnus and Gaol, and I'd like to know their story... Unfortunately, I don't think we'll be getting any answers in this game... Maybe in the sequel?

Boy, taking them down both at once is challenging work... But I managed to beat Gaol, time for Magnus! Than the GODS I got a Drink of the Gods after beating her, I lost a lot of health!

lol, wow, Palutena sure likes teasing Pit like this, pretending to be all mean and evil while fighting Pit here! XD

Oh wait.. I guess that ISN'T the real Palutena... "Pseudo-Palutena" sure has a nasty... voice.

Aw crap, Palutena was about to tell me where she was, but then she went "WATCH OUT, PIT!" Dang it, I HATE it when new conversations interrupt each other! :mad:

Anyway, if this is the "Grand Sacred Treasure", and Pit beats it, then it won't be much use against Hades, would it? Or perhaps, this ISN'T the true Grand Sacred Treasure...

Oh well, we'll just have to see how well it does... The next chapter's the final one! The final battle is upon us!

Dyntos put Palutena to sleep, which is why Pit couldn't communicate with her while he was fighting Pseudo-Palutena

I can't even do 6.0 difficulty on the 3rd chapter, I always die before you fight the first head :-[

My prefered weapon of choice for Solo Mode used to be a Fortune Bow (240). Then it was a Bullet Blade (281) because of increased attack power and melee attacks.

However, today I got an Aurum Palm (310) for defeating Hewdraw on 8.5 difficulty and it's freaking godly. I've actually completed this chapter with the Bullet Blade on 8.5 difficulty like 10 times but all I usually ever got were Tiger Claws and EZ Cannons, witht he occasional Hewdraw Club (which is definitely one of my favorites). It made Chapter 1 on 9 intensity a breeze since the Bullet Blade severly slowed down Pit; I didn't get hit once during the flying section and only got hurt twice during the Twinbellows fight (that included me taking down the Crawler behind the intensity gate). Everyone get an Aurum Palm now. Actually, get the entire Aurum weapons set. From what I have seen and used, they're all pretty damn good.

For Together mode, I use the Black Club and Great Reaper Palm to basically "troll" the people since they both have Freezing+4 and the Black Club takes out 200 HP in like one projectile.

Edit: Just now I beat Chapter 15 on 9 intensity with this palm. It's amazing, although I had a problem with that fucking Claxis (the rotating thing with red circles) near the end of the level since I completely forgot it existed and was instead trying to kill the Jyok where the food is. Never again will I make that mistake...almost died.

I am on the Aurum Brain level. Also am I the only one who hates bows? I just don't like that you shoot two and then stop, and then shoot two again.

EDIT: I just got to Chapter 20! The chapter with the ring was pretty cool

At long last, I finally beat the game...

It's funny to see Pit fighting in a giant robot. The juxtaposition of this game taking place in a Greek setting yet having all of these technological advancements is actually pretty amusing when you take a step back from it all... It's the kind of craziness you'd expect from video games back in the day.

Holy cow, this thing fires shots like CRAZY! :eek:

Most of the shots seem to spread like wildfire, but focus in on an enemy you're aiming at. Okay then...

Again with the "Pit/Hades" exchange... I thought the moment when Hades had his mouth gaping open then sneezing was... really weird.

You know, the way Hades talks and acts... it feels very similar to any give Tim Curry role. :P

Hades really DOES seem unbeatable... He always seems so calm and collected while fighting...

So I'm pursuing him and... EW, what are those things on his legs?! I have to blast them off right? They're like boils or something, gross!

Dang, that Great Sacred Treasure sure has a lot of forms... Dyntos sure outdid himself with this! It's really doing a number on Hades!

Half his body gone and STILL as calm as ever. Oh wait, he grew it back, nevermind.

Okay, so did I beat him now? SHIT! He destroyed the Great Sacred Treasure! Dammit, he's just too powerful!

Dammit, now I can't move OR shoot, and yet I can still aim for some reason! What's all this about?!

Someone's coming... who could it be?

DAMMIT, I pressed start and ended up skipping a cutscene! I'm going to have to start over...

Okay, back to where I left off and, BIG SHOCK, MEDUSA! But what, wasn't she supposed to be dead? Hades "revived" her, but that was just a bunch of souls with Medusa's memories intact... So, Medusa is the Goddess of Darkness, but also the supposed ruler of the Underworld, but that title really belongs to Hades... who's head was just removed... And now Medusa's arm's been removed. Geez, these Gods treat limbs like mere flesh wounds...

Wow, Hades's new had looks a lot like the head of Disney's Hades! XD

Poor Medusa... Wait, what am I saying? She's a bad guy! But she did help... Still, I have to wonder what she was like, before Palutena transformed her.

At least one weapon from the Great Sacred Treasure is still usable... Here goes nothing!

Now I'm just dodging attacks until the time comes where I can fire off the, hopefully, final blow... Kind of like the very last boss in Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time... sort of.

Seriously, Hades sounds more a more like Tim Curry by the minute.

I... got him? Is that it? Is Hades really done for?! The results screen... I DID IT! ;D

lol, "V for Victory"... And the classic "stage clear" music to boot! XD

The credits begin, we see the voice actors, and everyone's cheering... Viridi still complains about humanity, but at least the TRULY evil being is gone.

There's a lot of good arguments that Viridi's made, but really, she's kind of an arrogant bitch herself, so she's one to talk... And here's DARK PIT! Pittoo is still a dumb name.

Yeah, humans are driven by greed and selfishness... Just like the Gods... Particularly Viridi. :P Okay, so there are FAR worse Gods out there, and really, compared to them, I can see why Palutena is so adored...

Wait, Pit's using Viridi's power of flight... And she's leaving... How is Pit still flying? Is Dark Pit using Palutena's power of flight?

Okay, in the same vain as Super Smash Bros., I can shoot the credits! I wonder what kind of rewards that will give, or if it's just for fun... Looking back through past adventures is also fun.

The end... Well, that was a great game, good story... Think I'll talk about what I felt about the game... Although I heard there's supposed to be something after the main credits... I pushed start since nothing happened for about a minute or so...

AWESOME! A Hades checklist! And I've already unlocked a BUNCH of stuff there!

So yeah, I feel compelled to talk about the story as a whole, now that I've beaten it... But I'm already a bit worn from beating the final chapter and typing all of this, so perhaps I'll save it for later.

New Super Mario said:
Just beat the game too!

Awesome ending. Surprised when Medusa came though. That sacred treasure was awesome too.
I'm actually a little disappointed that she didn't do that much. Just knock of Hades's head... Do you think that did much? Perhaps it weakened him enough to land the final blow.

Smashgoom202 said:
New Super Mario said:
Just beat the game too!

Awesome ending. Surprised when Medusa came though. That sacred treasure was awesome too.
I'm actually a little disappointed that she didn't do that much. Just knock of Hades's head... Do you think that did much? Perhaps it weakened him enough to land the final blow.
Yeah I agree. She seems stronger than that. It would be cooler if she turned him to stone and then you finish him off some other way

New Super Mario said:
Smashgoom202 said:
New Super Mario said:
Just beat the game too!

Yeah I agree. She seems stronger than that. It would be cooler if she turned him to stone and then you finish him off some other way
It almost seemed pointless to include here there... but then again, it wasn't THE most pointless addition to the game... That would go to the Aurum. :-\

Smashgoom202 said:
New Super Mario said:
Smashgoom202 said:
New Super Mario said:
Just beat the game too!

It almost seemed pointless to include here there... but then again, it wasn't THE most pointless addition to the game... That would go to the Aurum. :-\
Yeah, the Aurum seemed like a filler for 3, 4 chapters. Well, I guess it did create some "character" for a future game. I mean, if they are both in the next game it would be interesting to see if they are rivals

New Super Mario said:
Yeah, the Aurum seemed like a filler for 3, 4 chapters. Well, I guess it did create some "character" for a future game. I mean, if they are both in the next game it would be interesting to see if they are rivals
Honestly, the game has created enough characters to fill up any number of games. Particularly Gaol and Magnus, who we never get any resolution for. We never find out exactly who they are or their motivations for doing what they do, and only appeared in a few chapters... And while it's possible we'll see Pyrrhone and the Aurum in another game, the fact that they're so BORING, and took one of the hammiest characters in the game and turned him into a boring monotone villain just makes me hate them all the more. I couldn't care less if we see them again or not. I WOULD like to see more Kid Icarus games, though, and perhaps some more information about the human world and how they view the Gods. Magnus seems like a nice place to start, as well as Gaol.

Smashgoom202 said:
New Super Mario said:
Honestly, the game has created enough characters to fill up any number of games. Particularly Gaol and Magnus, who we never get any resolution for. We never find out exactly who they are or their motivations for doing what they do, and only appeared in a few chapters... And while it's possible we'll see Pyrrhone and the Aurum in another game, the fact that they're so BORING, and took one of the hammiest characters in the game and turned him into a boring monotone villain just makes me hate them all the more. I couldn't care less if we see them again or not. I WOULD like to see more Kid Icarus games, though, and perhaps some more information about the human world and how they view the Gods. Magnus seems like a nice place to start, as well as Gaol.
Yeah, I would enjoy Magnus in a new game. Same villians are good, but have the forces of nature and Viridi good guys. Just take out Aurum. Hades and Meduse should appear. Dark Pit I would like too.

New Super Mario said:
Smashgoom202 said:
New Super Mario said:
Yeah, I would enjoy Magnus in a new game. Same villians are good, but have the forces of nature and Viridi good guys. Just take out Aurum. Hades and Meduse should appear. Dark Pit I would like too.
Yeah, that sounds about right. Hades as the new main antagonist of the series could definitely work, with Medusa as a secondary antagonist... I'd also like sequels to pick up on stuff from Of Myths and Monsters, like where Orcos, the main antagonist of that game, came from.

Back