Overrated Mario Characters (besides Yoshi)

Who do you think is the most overrated Mario Character?

• Mario

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Luigi

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Fawful

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Rosalina

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • The babies

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Toad

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Peach

• Waluigi

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Bowser Jr.

• Koopalings

• Geno

Votes: 20 33.9%

• Total voters
Re: Overrated Mario Characters

Baby Luigi said:
More hating her because of her "HI I'M DAISY!" thing.
Which has been blown way the hell out of proportion. That was in, what, 2 games?

'3K said:
Baby Luigi said:
More hating her because of her "HI I'M DAISY!" thing.
Which has been blown way the hell out of proportion. That was in, what, 2 games?

Mario Kart Double Dash
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games

I think that's it.

I don't think that her quote was that annoying (additionally, it was not that common). I think it was just an excuse to make people start hating Daisy's character if anything.

Propeller Toad said:
I don't think that her quote was that annoying (additionally, it was not that common). I think it was just an excuse to make people start hating Daisy's character if anything.

I agree that her quote wasn't that annoying. I find Yoshi, Petey Piranha, Koopa Troopa, and Diddy Kong more annoying than Daisy, and I don't find most of them them very annoying in the first place.

Hating a character because of her voice will always be a poor excuse, especially if her voice isn't that bad in the first place

To be honest, I really don't find any of the Mario characters to having annoying voices as they all seem to fit in with the characters and surroundings that they are in. They scream in Mario Kart? Of course they would. Who wouldn't scream when you are being dragged behind on a kart after being bombarded by a flying turtle shell?

Anyways, I agree that hating a character due to their voice is just ridiculous. It's just that some people make a great deal about how bad a character's voice is even though the voices are not that bad to start with (Daisy is a prime example and even Toad is another).

Wait why do you consider any of those characters annoying?

I don't know if you're asking me that question, but I don't find the characters annoying because of their voices. It's just that some people do from what I've seen from. They tend to overemphasize that the voices are annoying quite loudly as well.

Some characters are just obnoxious. But, usually, it's not the voice that gets me. It's their actions. But I tend to not discriminate against anyone who treats me badly; I'll gladly get revenge on Baby Luigi if he annoyed me.

No I was asking why Baby Luigi thought Yoshi, Petey Piranha, Koopa Troopa, and Diddy Kong were annoying... even slightly.

Dunno why. I guess it's just personal. Yoshi is my least favorite character, Petey Piranha is, like, the only opponent against me in Mario Kart Double Dash, and Koopa Troopa...I just don't like it. I don't know why I mentioned Diddy Kong, maybe it had something to do with Mario Strikers Charged

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Nuff said.

Fawful, Rosalina and Bowser Jr.

Nuff said.

It would be nice to provide reasons for your choice

I think Bowser Jr. is the other way around. Especially when you consider the Koopaling fans.

Baby Luigi said:

Nuff said.

It would be nice to provide reasons for your choice

If I may speak on their behalf, he's mentioned as being so amazing and funny, when in reality he just had a few interesting quotes and was a mildly interesting character. The way he talks has been done before too (just not in a Mario game). That's not to say that he's a bad character or anything. I just didn't see anything phenomenal about him.

Fawful's bad grammar is probably why he has so many fans. He may have been the main antagonist in Bowser's Inside Story, but apart from that, he's hardly anything special.

Grand Wheelie said:
Bowser Jr.

Why do you hate him?

Ornithologist Mario said:
I think Bowser Jr. is the other way around. Especially when you consider the Koopaling fans.

^ That. For some reason, every Koopaling fan I can think of hates Bowser Jr.

(of course I love Bowser Jr. and hate the Koopalings so it's a fair trade-off I guess)

I'll remove Bowser Jr. from the poll unless MCD gives a good reason as to why he's overrated.

I agree that Bowser Jr. is more underrated than overrated; however, I think the only problem with him is that some people dislike his continuous appearances in the Mario series with important roles. I think it is his replacement over the Koopalings that make people believe he is overrated (I guess his sudden introduction as a major character caused some fans to immediately dislike him).

I don't like Bowser Jr.'s continuous appearances either, but when I think of overrated, I think of how the fans treat a character, not how the main company,

Geno is very overrated for somebody who appears mainly in one game.

^I very strongly agree with the point you made for Geno. People are even going as far to believing that he will actually be the next Mario rep for the next Smash Bros.. :-\ He might have an appeal, but he really is overrated considering that he had only one appearance in the series.

Apparently Lubba is overrated as well.

^I personally don't think he's overrated. It seems more like that he is disliked more than he is liked. I don't think many Rosalina fans were happy with Nintendo's decision when they replaced her with him...

Propeller Toad said:
^I personally don't think he's overrated. It seems more like that he is disliked more than he is liked. I don't think many Rosalina fans were happy with Nintendo's decision when they replaced her with him...

True, but there have been people asking for him to appear in spin-offs and more major roles, which I think he does not deserve.

Back