Overrated Mario Characters (besides Yoshi)

Who do you think is the most overrated Mario Character?

• Mario

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Luigi

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Fawful

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Rosalina

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • The babies

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Toad

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Peach

• Waluigi

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Bowser Jr.

• Koopalings

• Geno

Votes: 20 33.9%

• Total voters
Re: Overrated Mario Characters

Bowser only gets a chance to be playable in spin-offs. In the mainstream games, he's always played the antagonist and last boss.

IMO, the RPGs are a classification of their own, not spin-offs. But yeah, I guess that's why people love Bowser. He fun to use in the spin-offs and RPGs.

Actually when you think about it Bowser's died so many times it makes me suspect that Mario characters are immortal or something, so if you killed Mario and Luigi they'd probably just pop up in the next game perfectly healthy just like Bowser does.

Well, some of Bowser's deaths are actually explained.

In NSMBDS, he gets reduced to a pile of bones, but Bowser Jr. apparently made a potion that turned him back to normal.

It's unexplained what the pile of bones is doing in the spin-offs along with Bowser, but they're spin-offs. So whatever.

You know I think I'll just remove DK and Bowser from the poll entirely. They aren't getting any votes anyway.

Why is Waluigi considered an overrated character? He's bashed from fans for being spin-off exclusive and his sole reason for existence was to provide a partner for Wario.

Baby Luigi said:
Why is Waluigi considered an overrated character? He's bashed from fans for being spin-off exclusive and his sole reason for existence was to provide a partner for Wario.

Maybe because people think he's unoriginal. The truth is, the name Waluigi literally means Evil Luigi.

Same with Luigi. Luigi's name in Japanese even meant, "imitation" or something like that. Yet people drool all over Luigi. Including me, mind you.

Baby Luigi said:
I don't think he is overrated or underrated. A lot of people want him playable in the next Super Smash Bros. and he has a fair amount of fans but he is bashed by a lot of people too.

You got a point...

Why the heck is Bowser Jr. on the poll? I've seen more hate of him than love. Especially when he gets compared to the Koopalings. And especially compared his boss fights from New Super Mario Bros. to New Super Mario Bros. Wii with the Koopalings.

Gonna have to go with Peach. She's a pretty pathetic character but she attracts a lot of perverts for some reason.

I think it's the female Mario characters in general, though

Koopaul said:
Gonna have to go with Peach. She's a pretty pathetic character but she attracts a lot of perverts for some reason.

Ironically, I find Peach to be underrated, since she's mainly been playing the role as the damsel in distress.

Off-topic: Welcome to the Mario Wiki forums.

MnSG said:
Koopaul said:
Ironically, I find Peach to be underrated, since she's mainly been playing the role as the damsel in distress.

But with the fans mainly being male, she does have a somewhat large attention with the fans

There are two different kinds of overrated. Overrated because the games treat them too well, or overrated because the fans treat them too well. There's sometimes a muddy area between.

Oh and thanks for the welcome, I just like to dive right into discussions without introductions.

I think this topic deals mainly with the fans' appeal, but we can talk about both, I guess

Baby Luigi said:
I think this topic deals mainly with the fans' appeal, but we can talk about both, I guess

I was kind of wondering if this stuff involved the games or the fans.

Baby Luigi said:
Why is Waluigi considered an overrated character?

I really have no idea. I personally think he's underrated, but a few people asked me to put him on the poll, so I did.

Baby Luigi said:
Why the heck is Bowser Jr. on the poll?

Because I've seen a couple of people call him overrated. You're right though, most people here seem to hate him. I might just remove him from the poll.

Baby Luigi said:
I think this topic deals mainly with the fans' appeal

You are correct.

Baby Luigi said:
You got a point...

Why the heck is Bowser Jr. on the poll? I've seen more hate of him than love. Especially when he gets compared to the Koopalings. And especially compared his boss fights from New Super Mario Bros. to New Super Mario Bros. Wii with the Koopalings.
Bowser Jr is awesome! Why do so many people hate him?And you know who's overrated? Daisy. Her voice is so annoying in Mario Party DS and she's appeared in so many spin-off but she hasn't had a main game since the '90s

Yeah why would they hate the coolest character in nintendo.

The reason I consider Waluigi overrated is because he hasn't really shown any potential in the games he's been in (other than being the perfect spin-off character) but people keep asking for him to have his own game or to star in a more mainstream game. In terms of spin-offs, he's just fine where he is. But he doesn't need to be in a better role.

Kirby said:
And you know who's overrated? Daisy. Her voice is so annoying in Mario Party DS and she's appeared in so many spin-off but she hasn't had a main game since the '90s

That sounds like she's underrated. I don't see a lot of fans liking her. More hating her because of her "HI I'M DAISY!" thing.

The reason I consider Waluigi overrated is because he hasn't really shown any potential in the games he's been in (other than being the perfect spin-off character) but people keep asking for him to have his own game or to star in a more mainstream game. In terms of spin-offs, he's just fine where he is. But he doesn't need to be in a better role.

You do have some sort of point there.

Back