Overrated Mario Characters (besides Yoshi)

Who do you think is the most overrated Mario Character?

• Mario

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Luigi

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Fawful

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Rosalina

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • The babies

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Toad

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Peach

• Waluigi

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Bowser Jr.

• Koopalings

• Geno

Votes: 20 33.9%

• Total voters
Re: Overrated Mario Characters

Pinkie Pie said:
Err... he is... he's the third choice under Mario and Luigi...

Oh. Well, then...this is...um...

Alright fine. I'll add Waluigi later.

I like Waluigi more than Luigi but then I like Mario over Wario. Waluigi has the amount of fans I was expecting from him so he is not underrated or overrated.

Added Waluigi. Also removed Daisy because

1. Nobody voted for her.
2. She probably wouldn't be considered overrated anyway.

Why isn't Yoshi on the list? He is massively overrated by his fans. For me, he's a real stinker. Yoshi would be my first choice x32490. D:<

EDIT:Otherwise, I voted for the Koopalings. Some of their fans are not intelligent, and I don't understand why the evil teenagers get so much praise.

EDIT:Sorry, Mario isn't overrated. He's underrated in fact. I think he's one of the most underrated characters along with Daisy and Waluigi. Too many fans just kick him around and roll him in dirt. I know Nintendo treats him like a god, but the fans are just... "die Mario!" Others say he is a boring thing. No, since I grew up with him, I find him to be a happy guy and he is far from a personality-less robot, thanks to Charles Martinet.

I don't know why people voted for Mario. In the world of Mario fans, Mario is often treated...like garbage.

Ornithologist Mario said:
I don't know why people voted for Mario. In the world of Mario fans, Mario is often treated...like garbage.

Ugh...tell me about it. I used go to this website for koopaling fans and you would not believe the crap Mario goes through.

Yes, exactly. Why are so many Koopaling fans irrational? Sometimes, I dislike a character just because of the fanbase. If the fans weren't inconsiderate zealots, I would be at most neutral to them.

The babies are underrated, too. Many people hate them when they are included in a Mario Kart, but when characters like Metal Mario is introduced, it's all bells and whistles? I don't understand, but this is going off-topic.

@LGM's Yoshi hate: dammit did any of you read the fourth line of the opening post

Yes, I did, but I was to lazy to change my post.

Fair enough.

Sometimes, the activity on this forum is like a hilariously bad sitcom.

Anyway, I think out of all the Koopalings, Lemmy gets the most attention (he's the mascot of the koopaling fan site I mentioned earlier). But I can't really blame anyone. After all, he balances on his Circus ball making him look more psychically more unique than the other koopalings.

I admit, Fawful is quite overrated. I don't find any appeal in him. The fans aren't so bad, unless I'm spending too little time on other places.

Ornithologist Mario said:
I admit, Fawful is quite overrated. I don't find any appeal in him. The fans aren't so bad, unless I'm spending too little time on other places.

Yeah he's also quite overrated. Not as overrated as Geno, but still overrated, in general.

Geno deserves all these votes.

He is only there in one game, but fans keep screaming for him.

I am a bit surprised no one voted for Rosalina. I am quite fond of Rosalina myself, but her fanbase is quite big for a character who had a major role in only one game.

Probably because the other characters are more overrated than her.

Mario or Toad aren't more overrated than her. :(

But I do agree that Geno deserves the most votes. He's just some silly puppet in my eyes.

Baby Luigi said:
I am a bit surprised no one voted for Rosalina. I am quite fond of Rosalina myself, but her fanbase is quite big for a character who had a major role in only one game.

Rosalina's fan base is a lot less ridiculous than what the Geno and Fawful fans are capable of spawning. At least, I think that's the case.

I agree. ^ Definitely.

People love Rosalina, but not in a zealous way.

Back