Mario Tennis Open

La Marionette said:
Natsu "Salamander" Dragneel said:
La Marionette said:
"16 characters and more" is still a pretty vague term if you ask me.

16 Characters + Mii

La Marionette said:
Those Yoshi colors could be other characters. Besides, Yoshi is overrated.

Even if he's overrated, he's still extremely popular. They were never going to be other characters, if they were, they wouldve already been in the game. They're not that stupid as to use the QR thing for something as important as an entire character.

Call me stupid, but I expected new characters hidden under QR codes. And again, they mentioned "16 characters and more". That "more" could be anything, really, including the QR codes.

But like I said, if they put new characters in QR codes, it'd be worse than having recolours, because what happens to those people that don't know about them, or can't get access to them? They're missing a portion of the characters. That's why characters were going to have to be in the game in the first place. Recolours on the other hand aren't very important and are just added bonuses, just like the Yoshi egg thing in Power Tennis when using his special move, he changes colour.

Also, it's not like they can't add more Colours later through some free DLC or something.

La Marionette said:
La Marionette said:

16 Characters + Mii

La Marionette said:

Even if he's overrated, he's still extremely popular. They were never going to be other characters, if they were, they wouldve already been in the game. They're not that stupid as to use the QR thing for something as important as an entire character.

Call me stupid, but I expected new characters hidden under QR codes. And again, they mentioned "16 characters and more". That "more" could be anything, really, including the QR codes.

But like I said, if they put new characters in QR codes, it'd be worse than having recolours, because what happens to those people that don't know about them, or can't get access to them? They're missing a portion of the characters. That's why characters were going to have to be in the game in the first place. Recolours on the other hand aren't very important and are just added bonuses, just like the Yoshi egg thing in Power Tennis when using his special move, he changes colour.

Also, it's not like they can't add more Colours later through some free DLC or something.

You can this for most, if not, all DLC content. Besides, it's not like these extra characters have a clear advantage over the default ones.

But like I said, if they put new characters in QR codes, it'd be worse than having recolours, because what happens to those people that don't know about them, or can't get access to them?
In japan, Inazuma 11 distribute different characters in an exhibition or with another game. You can only get that character by going to that fair or buying another game.

I think it depends on how Nintendo publicize this system. If the staff don't have good ideas to distribute other characters (eg. Rosalina is exclusive for preorder in Tokyo Game Show), QR codes aren't good for exclusive characters.

La Marionette said:
La Marionette said:
La Marionette said:

16 Characters + Mii

La Marionette said:

You can this for most, if not, all DLC content. Besides, it's not like these extra characters have a clear advantage over the default ones.

Look at it this way. The guy with jumble of letters for a name gets pissed off about Rosalina not being in. She becomes a QR Character. He never finds out about QR codes, he's missing his favourite character. It's like how people get angry over Toad not being in, he won't have any advantage either, but people will still want him. The idea of making characters that should be in in the first place as extras, is stupid. It's like having to buy DLC for characters already on the game card but inaccessible without hacking or paying.

Exactly, extras that are just there for the hell of it. If they didn't do anything with QR codes then nobody would be complaining, but because they're giving us more, we complain.

Sense. We have lost it.

These complaints seem not too different from the Mario Kart 7 debates, regarding why the Beast Glider and Gold Glider have the same stats as the Super Glider. They're just aesthetics that you can implement onto your kart combos.

Simply put, don't get upset over something that doesn't even affect game play.

I hate when people complain about something that doesn't affect gameplay. That's like complaining about Unova's "uncreative" pokemon.

Don't compare the Gold Glider to Yoshi colors. Gold Glider is a pretty moot reward compared to Yoshi colors. Gold Glider requires tons of hours of gameplay to unlock. Yoshi colors do not. That's why unlocking Yoshi colors is better than unlocking the Gold Glider

At least the Gold Glider can be unlocked in-game. The recolors are out of your reach if you don't have access to their QR codes.

Look at it this way. The guy with jumble of letters for a name gets pissed off about Rosalina not being in. She becomes a QR Character. He never finds out about QR codes, he's missing his favourite character. It's like how people get angry over Toad not being in, he won't have any advantage either, but people will still want him. The idea of making characters that should be in in the first place as extras, is stupid. It's like having to buy DLC for characters already on the game card but inaccessible without hacking or paying.

X'D

MnSG said:
At least the Gold Glider can be unlocked in-game. The recolors are out of your reach if you don't have access to their QR codes.

And having no access to the QR codes happens, like, never

Not that I will be getting this game anytime soon (still need to get MP9, waiting for non-spinoff gsames, money's been tight, etc), but are all the QR codes seriously recolors? Lol. I guess it doesn't matter as long as it's free though...

Not all of them, the confirmed ones so far....

Note the page that lists the QR characters has "color" in it. And there's a greyed out tab that says "???" so that could be the characters

Baby Luigi said:

Note the page that lists the QR characters has "color" in it. And there's a greyed out tab that says "???" so that could be the characters

Dear god don't get your hopes up.

Still don't expect there to be characters. They should be in the game in the first place. If Camelot arent dumb fucks, then any other characters are already in the game. Why use QR codes for huge things instead of having them there in the first place.

Baby Luigi said:

Dear god don't get your hopes up.

Still don't expect there to be characters. They should be in the game in the first place. If Camelot arent dumb fucks, then any other characters are already in the game. Why use QR codes for huge things instead of having them there in the first place.

Well, it's a great way of hiding characters. I can see pokémon doing something alike when gen V comes onto 3DS, they also like to keep certain pokémon hidden untill they feel it's time to make them known.

Exactly. It's a new and innovative way to unlock stuff. Haven't you heard of DLC? That's what QR codes basically is

Baby Luigi said:

I'll be expecting it to say "Dumbass human characters" so that way, I don't get disappointed if they do that.

There won't be any "dumbass" human characters in the game, especially when we got Miis

Supremo said:
I don't like Tennis in real life or the Mario Tennis series at all :P

THE HATING STARTS NOW!

There's no reason for us to hate you for stating your humble opinion, but if you hate it so much, why bother posting? :???:

Magikrazy said:
Baby Luigi said:
There won't be any "dumbass" human characters in the game, especially when we got Miis
I know, I'll just be expecting that so I'm not disappointed.

I'm doing my best to be optimistic like if Baby Luigi was a QR character or something.

Back