Mario Tennis Open

Tennis is my favorite sport. When I first touched Mario Tennis, I was all like: WTF? Nintendo really made this? o_O I'm so gonna play it! But Waluigi really creeped me out. He looked like he's on crack or something. I always went to Bowser Stage to tease him with Paratroopa or Toad >:3

galera.jpg

Waluigi looks less on crack these days. Probably because of the better graphics.

Or do you still think he looks on crack?

Nope, I think Waluigi looks on crack on Mario Tennis only, but in the other games, he looks better.

IceShadow1199 said:
Nope, I think Waluigi looks on crack on Mario Tennis only, but in the other games, he looks better.

I knew it, it's probably the graphics

Man, I wish Toadette was playable in one of the Mario Tennis games. Since her first appearance was on MKDD, it'll be impossible.

IceShadow1199 said:
Man, I wish Toadette was playable in one of the Mario Tennis games. Since her first appearance was on MKDD, it'll be impossible.

Not quite

Baby Peach got the playable spot before Toadette and her debut was in....Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time. Later than Mario Kart Double Dash.

Besides, it was possible Toadette was a beta character in Mario Power Tennis due to her and Toad competing in the tournament board in the opening, but not playable.

Baby Luigi said:
IceShadow1199 said:

Not quite

Baby Peach got the playable spot before Toadette and her debut was in....Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time. Later than Mario Kart Double Dash.
Plus, Luma and Dry Bowser came after that.

Baby Luigi said:
Waluigi looks less on crack these days. Probably because of the better graphics.

There's always the possibility he kicked the habit (probably so he wouldn't get booted out of the Olympics). ;)

Mario4Ever said:
Baby Luigi said:

There's always the possibility he kicked the habit (probably so he wouldn't get booted out of the Olympics). ;)

Yeah possibly. How else would he not have any more glowing eyes in the later games?

I wonder how do you unlock Shy Guy and DK Jr. in the 64 version of Mario Tennis? I've been playing on tournament 3 times, played alot of regular games and stuff, but still. I never unlocked Shy Guy or DK Jr.

Tricky types are my favorite in Mario Tennis 64. But they lose to Speed and All-Around characters.

(I lost in a match with Baby Mario and Luigi so I'd like to tell this to somebody.

IceShadow1199 said:
I wonder how do you unlock Shy Guy and DK Jr. in the 64 version of Mario Tennis? I've been playing on tournament 3 times, played alot of regular games and stuff, but still. I never unlocked Shy Guy or DK Jr.

Beat the Star Cup with any character in Singles to get Shy Guy, and do the same in Doubles for Donkey Kong Jr.

Here is a link to some of the unlockables of this game

http://www.thebitblock.com/2012/05/16/mario-tennis-open-secrets-unlockables/

TENNIS GEAR:
Rackets:
-Toad Racket
-Koopa Troopa Racket
-Shy Guy Racket
-Birdo Racket
-Wiggler Racket
-Petey Piranha Racket

Man...is Camelot trying to taunt us?

Just seeing these still gives me false hopes that there could be possible QR characters still remaining.

Propeller Toad said:
TENNIS GEAR:
Rackets:
-Toad Racket
-Koopa Troopa Racket
-Shy Guy Racket
-Birdo Racket
-Wiggler Racket
-Petey Piranha Racket

Just seeing these still gives me false hopes that there could be possible QR characters still remaining.
Or perhaps they're just getting all the rackets from the characters of previous games (is there a Paratroopa racket?).

Magikrazy said:
Propeller Toad said:
TENNIS GEAR:
Rackets:
-Toad Racket
-Koopa Troopa Racket
-Shy Guy Racket
-Birdo Racket
-Wiggler Racket
-Petey Piranha Racket

Or perhaps they're just getting all the rackets from the characters of previous games (is there a Paratroopa racket?).

Sadly, there isn't one based off that site BLOF provided. Perhaps, there could be a skin for it (though that's not confirmed).

I guess it is more right to accept that the rackets of these characters are just in as a reference to them, but still it is sad to see that none of them made it as playable characters in the end...

What I'm upset about is that my hopes for Baby Luigi in this game are nearly skewered

Baby Luigi said:
What I'm upset about is that my hopes for Baby Luigi in this game are nearly skewered

*Pats shoulder*

...Let's at least hope that the mysterious QR section surprises us all. I really hope that it is a character addition section... :(

It's odd to see Baby Luigi getting forgotten about in a game where even Baby Peach is included in. Camelot better not completely axe him without at least some form of appearance.

Normally, I like Baby Peach's inclusion but if she is the reason Baby Luigi gets shoved aside (like what happened in multitude of games), she's probably going to look out for major pegging by me.

Tis amazing how much Camelot loves to troll with us.

No Baby Luigi
No Toad
No Rosalina
No Shy Guy
No Paratroopa

"Hey guyz insted of puting in caracters evryon wants lets put in:

an annoying bratty princess baby
a Luma without any sign of its mama
a bag of bones

isnt dat grate derp derp"

"I like it!"

Magikrazy said:
Tis amazing how much Camelot loves to troll with us.

No Baby Luigi
No Toad
No Rosalina
No Shy Guy
No Paratroopa

"Hey guyz insted of puting in caracters evryon wants lets put in:

an annoying bratty princess baby
a Luma without any sign of its mama
a bag of bones
seven redunedant yoshee colorz

isnt dat grate derp derp"

"I like it!"

Fixed

They sure are trolling especially with the addition of the rackets of the veteran characters. :(

Psh, and I thought Dry Bones was the more favourable bag of bones since MKDS. :P Sometimes, I do wonder if it was the idea of the Miis that inspired Camelot to make this game. May as well make it Mii Tennis Open considering that the focus is customizing the Mii characters.

Mario's costume?...Like Mario isn't already playable. Why play as a costume when you have the real deal? (unless stats matter so much that is...). :P Not to offend anyone who likes the costumes, but still...

Back