Mario Tennis Open

Koopaul said:
Alternate characters are the worst characters. And this includes babies.

Baby Mario is not his own character! He's Mario... as a baby.

Just like Metal Mario is not his own character. He's Mario... in metal.

I suppose the next Mario Kart we are going to have:

Mario
Baby Mario
Metal Mario
Paper Mario
Dr. Mario
Peg-Leg Mario
Old Mario
Sunglasses Mario
Santa Hat Mario
Blue Mario
Yellow Mario
Dry Mario
Mario Mario

I will be completely honest.

That sounds pretty fucking awesome.

But you're just overreacting over the whole Baby Mario thing, theyve pretty much been made into separate characters for Nintendo to use in spin-offs.

Natsu "Salamander" Dragneel said:
Baby Luigi said:
It would still be better if we are able to alter the textures and especially if the game allowed you to do it. Perfect, even.

But that's for hackers, not ordinary people just playing the game.

You can't hack the 3DS anyway, so this is the only solution for having recolors. Besides, even if you could hack the 3DS, you likely won't be able to modify the game card contents at all.

FMGBASKFH said:
What I can't understand, and really, I can't understand WHY in the world they won't include Rosalina in those games anymore. It makes me freaking mad. She's my favorite character and never gets to appear in games aside from Mario Kart.
Therefore, Rosalina is new in Mario history (before Lubba) as a significant character. As long as the staff never get along with rosters and some other characters haven't been playable (Gadd, Pauline etc), it's more horrible to add another main character. Just be patient for another chance.

MnSG said:
You can't hack the 3DS anyway, so this is the only solution for having recolors.
Hope recolor option can be used in more Mario games, not another Metal Mario.

Gardevoir said:
The cream master or co star would be nice, or a green luma but my favorites are red.
That's a concern if it's the species problem. I love the cream master for his performance in Galaxy

Baby Luigi said:
It'd just be Baby Mario in a green outfit
I'm glad you realize that Baby Luigi is distinctive from Baby Mario
In status they're similar actually. It's nice if the staff seperate them in different games.

MnSG said:
Baby Luigi said:
It would still be better if we are able to alter the textures and especially if the game allowed you to do it. Perfect, even.

But that's for hackers, not ordinary people just playing the game.

You can't hack the 3DS anyway, so this is the only solution for having recolors. Besides, even if you could hack the 3DS, you likely won't be able to modify the game card contents at all.

Good point. I like the idea of QR codes for costumes. It's not a huge thing they deliberately left out that would detract from the game if somebody didn't know about the codes or couldn't acces the codes.

Just small nice extra things.

Koopaul said:
Alternate characters are the worst characters. And this includes babies.

Baby Mario is not his own character! He's Mario... as a baby.

Just like Metal Mario is not his own character. He's Mario... in metal.

I suppose the next Mario Kart we are going to have:

Mario
Baby Mario
Metal Mario
Paper Mario
Dr. Mario
Peg-Leg Mario
Old Mario
Sunglasses Mario
Santa Hat Mario
Blue Mario
Yellow Mario
Dry Mario
Mario Mario

Perfect example of slippery slope fallacy.

However, it would be nice if Nintendo provided us some textures, and we could recolor them easily. That way, a big amount of color choices are available.

Mario as a baby >>>> Mario as himself

My opinion anyway.

Well, a lot of people think that Mario's ripoffs/clones/whatevers are better than Mario anyway. :(

La Marionette said:
Well, a lot of people think that Mario's ripoffs/clones/whatevers are better than Mario anyway. :(

Because they are less bland and boring than Mario

Well, if the clones are evil, then it's justified because villains look cooler than heroes anyway. Evil clones are special because physically, they look like the heroes, but they look much cooler.

Joey Wheeler said:
Well, if the clones are evil, then it's justified because villains look cooler than heroes anyway. Evil clones are special because physically, they look like the heroes, but they look much cooler.

Wario>>>>>>Mario
Waluigi>Luigi

I guess Wario is cooler than Mario then... :(

La Marionette said:
I guess Wario is cooler than Mario then... :(

no, wario's cuter than mario

Joey Wheeler said:
He does have a motorcycle and a girlfriend that can make him pizza and the greatest catchphrase of all time: DOH I MISSED!

The D'OH I MISSED catchphrase makes Wario win a million points

Mario: 0
Wario: 6190345.23

Wario loses wins that round against Mario.

You see, Wario is more deserving as a main character instead of Mario

Wario... he's so cute and hairy that he has his adorable nose as an emblem instead of a W. I wonder why...

Poor Luigi... Wario should really look into a mirror, but that mirror will break anyway, so...

Wario and Waluigi actually look...not ugly in this picture.

My_Take_On_Teenage_Mario_by_xXsamluvsgreendayXx.jpg

Anyway, I think we've gone off-topic for long enough.

Would either of you recommend the game? It looks like fun, but the Gamecube version was the only Tennis game I was ever good at.

I'm curious about this one, personally. I've always been really good at the handheld MT games for some reason.

Wario isn't in the picture... or so it seems.

I think this game is going to be very similar to the Gamecube one.

Mario4Ever said:
I'm curious about this one, personally. I've always been really good at the handheld MT games for some reason.

This one has no RPG mode, though

Yes, this one plays more the console ones.

I think I'm still doomed. I epic failed the N64 version. I could only get the Mushroom and Flower cups. And I couldn't even get the Mushroom cup as Alex. *headdesk*

Star cup people are difficult in the N64 version

Wow... I managed to beat Star Cup in the emulator using keyboards, though. In Mario Power Tennis, the computers are laughably easy in Mushroom Cup, though. I wonder how that would be in Tennis Open.

Back