Mario Tennis Open

La Marionette said:
Wow... I managed to beat Star Cup in the emulator using keyboards, though. In Mario Power Tennis, the computers are laughably easy in Mushroom Cup, though. I wonder how that would be in Tennis Open.

But you struggled. I remember that

Until I had Boo as an opponent in Star Cup. -_- Boo was a joke.

I had Boo has an opponent too in Star Cup and Boo was a joke too.

Maybe superjeff should play against Boo in Star Cup

Baby Luigi said:
Mario4Ever said:
I'm curious about this one, personally. I've always been really good at the handheld MT games for some reason.

This one has no RPG mode, though

I know, but I was just talking about general gameplay. I'm better at rallying and stuff.

This is the first Mario Tennis game on a handheld to use models instead of mainly sprites. I wonder how different it would be?

FMGBASKFH said:
Baby Luigi said:
Star cup people are difficult in the N64 version

Aw come on, they're a joke. Well, maybe not a joke, but they're not that hard.

If you're up against a Power-type though, that could be a problem. From what I've heard, Power-types were overpowered in Mario Tennis. At least Mario Power Tennis made them a lot less brutal.

MnSG said:
FMGBASKFH said:
Baby Luigi said:
Star cup people are difficult in the N64 version

Aw come on, they're a joke. Well, maybe not a joke, but they're not that hard.

If you're up against a Power-type though, that could be a problem. From what I've heard, Power-types were overpowered in Mario Tennis. At least Mario Power Tennis made them a lot less brutal.

Really? Fuck, no wonder, I always ended up with bowser as my last opponent. I only beat it once, barely with Peach. Against bowser too.

In a tournament match with Paratroopa and Bowser vs Baby Mario and Luigi, I lost. HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?

EDIT: I was playing as Paratroopa, I always played as Mario Tennis as Boo, nobody else. But I may try Luigi someday.

I preordered it. Anything with playable babies is an instant buy for me. In all honesty, I don't care if Shy Guy isn't playable. BABY MARIO!!!!!!

So apparently, all the QR colors (not characters) are Yoshi colors

What the *bleep* is wrong with you, Camelot. You know how much of an eyesore friggin' Yoshi colors are

Baby Luigi said:

What the *bleep* is wrong with you, Camelot. You know how much of an eyesore friggin' Yoshi colors are

That's your opinion. Yoshi colors are cool, especially blue and black. It's very stupid that all QR unlockables are Yoshi colors, though. There goes Rosalina's last chance of being playable in this. Fuck you, Camelot.

FMGBASKFH said:
Baby Luigi said:

That's your opinion. Yoshi colors are cool, especially blue and black. It's very stupid that all QR unlockables are Yoshi colors, though. There goes Rosalina's last chance of being playable in this. Fuck you, Camelot.
Calm down. It's just a video game.

I would rather have one Metal Mario than 7 Yoshi colors because it's stupid how they focus only on one, bland and boring character.

I didn't say all QR codes are Yoshi colors though. There's another section marked "???" under the colors so that could mean other characters.

I hate the addition of Yoshi colors as well. It costs Camelot only, like, a few cents to recolor characters.

Baby Luigi said:

I was hoping for Toad, Shy Guy, Rosalina, and a couple others.

I will still download them (if they are free or low cost). Anyone know what colors?

Joey Wheeler said:
I checked the wiki earlier today and the alternate Yoshies are blue and light blue.
Yeah there are supposed to be more. Probably Red, Yellow, and Pink. I wish they'd put Black or Orange in, but probably not

Baby Luigi said:
I would rather have one Metal Mario than 7 Yoshi colors because it's stupid how they focus only on one, bland and boring character.
I didn't say all QR codes are Yoshi colors though. There's another section marked "???" under the colors so that could mean other characters.
I think color option is available in every game that Yoshi and Toad appear. Unless those colors cost a lot.

A couple of polls I saw on the internet and this one Nintendo magazine I bought, have shown Yoshi to be very very popular.

Baby Luigi said:

So this Blanc and boring character is very poplar that probably is the reason we get extra Colours of him, that and these are still extras, no alternate Yoshi colors is worse than them being there. If they didn't do this QR code thing in the first place you wouldn't be complaining as much, even though these are Extras. Yoshi has always had tons of different colors and stuff, so I don't think we should've been surprised by this.

In the end, these are extras we are getting to add on to it, they aren't compulsory, theyre optional. And like its already been said before, it's just a game.

Those Yoshi colors could be other characters. Besides, Yoshi is overrated.

I pretty much anticipated that the QR codes were only going to be recolor related. Camelot pretty much stays true to its word; if it says that there will only be 16 playables, it means it, literally.

"16 characters and more" is still a pretty vague term if you ask me.

La Marionette said:

16 Characters + Mii

La Marionette said:

Even if he's overrated, he's still extremely popular. They were never going to be other characters, if they were, they wouldve already been in the game. They're not that stupid as to use the QR thing for something as important as an entire character.

Natsu "Salamander" Dragneel said:
La Marionette said:

16 Characters + Mii

La Marionette said:

Even if he's overrated, he's still extremely popular. They were never going to be other characters, if they were, they wouldve already been in the game. They're not that stupid as to use the QR thing for something as important as an entire character.

Call me stupid, but I expected new characters hidden under QR codes. And again, they mentioned "16 characters and more". That "more" could be anything, really, including the QR codes.

Back