Mario Tennis Open

I guess some people like playing as Miis.

I'm just wondering: why can't the characters themselves be customizable? Some of us would like to play as our favorite character than a poorly made caricature of ourselves. I just want to stray as far from reality as possible.

When it comes to starring in games:

Luigi gets the short end of the stick.
Baby Luigi gets his side stolen from him and it gets run through a woodchipper.

Does Nintendo hate him?

Sorry if this sounds a bit off-topic.

Baby Luigi said:
I guess some people like playing as Miis.

I'm just wondering: why can't the characters themselves be customizable? Some of us would like to play as our favorite character than a poorly made caricature of ourselves. I just want to stray as far from reality as possible.

Agreed about the Mii part. The Mario universe is so imaginative; however, just adding the Miis make it seem more ...generic to me. Inded, why add in random human characters when you have many Mario characters in the line? I honestly want to have Mario characters in a Mario game as opposed to the Nintendo icons. I don't mind them as optional characters or audience members; however, giving them the focus in Mario games such as Fortune Street and MTO is a bit too much if you ask me...

As for Baby Luigi, it does seem as though he isn't treated too kindly. He is sadly kidnapped in too many Yoshi's Island games, and so far it seems as though Partners in Time was his biggest outing outside of the spin-offs he was in.

Magikrazy said:
When it comes to starring in games:

Luigi gets the short end of the stick.
Baby Luigi gets his side stolen from him and it gets run through a woodchipper.

Does Nintendo hate him?

Sorry if this sounds a bit off-topic.

Let me see for Baby Luigi:

Bad occasions
1st occasion: Gets kidnapped (Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island)
2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th occasion: His brother is playable, he is nowhere to be seen in those games (Two tennis games, two golf games)
6th occasion: Gets kidnapped (Yoshi Touch & Go)
7th occasion: Gets kidnapped (Yoshi's Island DS)
8th occasion: Didn't receive a trophy while Baby Peach did (Super Smash Bros. Brawl)
9th occasion: Became unlockable while Baby Peach was default (Mario Kart Wii)
10th occasion: Gets shoved in favor of Baby Peach (Mario Tennis Open)

Good occasions
1st occasion: Playable (Mario Kart Double Dash)
2nd occasion: Playable (Mario Superstar Baseball)
3rd occasion: A main star (Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time)
4th occasion: Playable and not unlockable (Mario Super Sluggers)

Gee, no wonder I'm feel so grumpy

It's sad to see that while Luigi is improving, Baby Luigi stills gets the short end of the stick (or at least whatever is remaining on it...).

In spite of what I said right now, it is odd to see that Luigi still gets cut out from the box arts of games like MP9 and MTO; yet, Peach/Yoshi, more minor characters, resume a strong lead. I guess Peach might be for attracting more female consumers, but still...

I'm just gonna brush off all the complaints, because I don't really feel like nitpicking at them and calling people a bunch of crybabies.

I'm fine with whatever there is, as long as the gameplay is fun, I'm happy. I never cared about the characters in Power Tennis so I don't need to here. They'll all be fun to play as in the end. And I do like how much Mii customization they've given us. That's gonna be a lot of stuff for me to get...

I am hoping for more QR characters. Cause you'd think there would be more with THAT many unlockables.
Propeller Toad said:
TENNIS GEAR:
Rackets:
-Toad Racket
-Koopa Troopa Racket
-Shy Guy Racket
-Birdo Racket
-Wiggler Racket
-Petey Piranha Racket
Of course, these characters could just get cameos or references......

But I am still hoping. Also if that makes Black Yoshi confirmed, I like his addition. He's a cool Yoshi color.

You could always hope for a miracle, and think that Camelot will do DLC for Mario Tennis Open. But I really wouldn't bet on it.

I agree with Baby Luigi, Baby Luigi just get shoved to the other side while Baby Mario and Baby Peach take their step to the

"BEST BABIES EVER"

By the way, no Paratroopa or Shy Guy??? CAMELOT... You... You... I'm going to your studio and beat the heck out of you with Waluigi!

Well, I like the Luma inclusion but it would be better if Rosalina was here.

Seriously, Dry Bowser? I hate dry Bowser, I prefer the regular Bowser! He's cute :3

No Toad? Oh noes.

Natsu "Salamander" Dragneel said:
I'm just gonna brush off all the complaints, because I don't really feel like nitpicking at them and calling people a bunch of crybabies.

Calling us...."crybabies"? What the hell, man? What's with the insult? Would it make us STOP complaining? You're the one who should stop whining about our whining. And even though we may be the one who acted "immature", by calling us crybabies, it's not hard to see who is the one immature by now.

Face it, you're going to live with our complaining. There's nothing you can do to stop us complain or others. Why can't you just suck it up and live with it? All you're adding is fuel to the fire.

That post might come off as a little brash; I'm really irritated and upset these days

I do apologize if we do come out as "annoying" to you Crackin; however, to some of us the colourful characters really do make a game. Some people truly enjoy a game just for the gameplay and nothing else. However, some of us do feel connected to a character we have grown up with and played as since our childhood. To me at least, a single character actually enhances my enjoyment of the game and to see that character being left out while the favourites of all my friends are still in just makes one feel a tad bit upset. Yes, one can say to move on to another character; however, I guess I am one of those people who are really specific to the character they use (infact, I only use Toad in every spin-off that contains him and very rarely anyone else). Rather stuck up indeed; however, that is part of who I am...

Perhaps my post here might be an obvious or another complaint like answer; however, it is just to show that we are only complaining to share our own thoughts. I played as Toad in MT64 in my childhood, so of course I would be upset to not see the Mushroom Retainer playable in this game.

Baby Luigi said:
That post might come off as a little brash; I'm really irritated and upset these days

I understand how you feel. ;) Though I'd imagine that you would have taken the hit more harder considering Baby Luigi's case in terms of the recent Mario games.

Propeller Toad said:
Baby Luigi said:

I understand how you feel. ;) Though I'd imagine that you would have taken the hit more harder considering Baby Luigi's case in terms of the recent Mario games.

It's not just the lack of Baby Luigi influencing my mood, a little far from it. It's more....external factors. My life.

I don't complain much about Baby Luigi's exclusion in some other games because I kinda expect it anyway. Mario Tennis Open is an exception to that rule.

Crackin, really, shut the hell up. If you hate complainers, don't complain about them, it's simple as killing a Goomba. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't post. Jesus, live with complaints. Now, YOU're being the crybaby, by what? Posting that piece of crap you just did.

Are you trying to force others to have the same opinion as you? You can't. Not everyone is the same as you, there are simple differences between people, just like there are differences between Yoshi's and Birdo's.

IceShadow, I wouldn't necessarily call our complaining "nice" posts but otherwise I agree with you

Me too, I certainly don't hate the inclusion of Luma, Baby Peach and Dry Bowser, but they excluded what's more important.

I don't get it, why do you like Baby Luigi more than regular Luigi? They are, in fact, the same person but at different ages.

Is it because he's cuter?

Baby Luigi said:
Natsu "Salamander" Dragneel said:

Calling us...."crybabies"? What the hell, man? What's with the insult? Would it make us STOP complaining? You're the one who should stop whining about our whining. And even though we may be the one who acted "immature", by calling us crybabies, it's not hard to see who is the one immature by now.

Face it, you're going to live with our complaining. There's nothing you can do to stop us complain or others. Why can't you just suck it up and live with it? All you're adding is fuel to the fire.

Okay, crybabies was the wrong word, I shouldve said said get over it or something, but yes what I said was rude. I'm sorry for that, but really, I have tried explaining that characters will either be in the game or as DLC, if they were QR codes, what happens to those people that don't have access. If they were to do QR code characters, it'd be better off just having them as starting characters in the game. That's why I don't want you to get your hopes up about something that won't happen. If it does happen, power to you, but the chances are incredibly slim and disappoint does suck.

I'm just trying to make it that you dont become disappointed when it doesn't happen, and instead just accept the fact of these being the final stuff. Then if it does happen eventually, you can be super happy.

IceShadow1199 said:
Crackin, really, shut the hell up. If you hate complainers, don't complain about them, it's simple as killing a Goomba. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't post. Jesus, live with complaints. Now, YOU're being the crybaby, by what? Posting that piece of crap you just did.

Are you trying to force others to have the same opinion as you? You can't. Not everyone is the same as you, there are simple differences between people, just like there are differences between Yoshi's and Birdo's.

Sure, whatever, you do have a point, but I was just trying to make others less disappointed. Having too much hope will lead to a lot more disappointment.

Sorry if I always sound rude, but I'm just trying to help most of the time, in my Wierd and annoying way. And when I say I come off rude a lot, I mean a lot.

I think it's a couple more for me. But then it's another 4-12 working days due to postage. Tell me if it's good when you get it, but if there's any secrets that might spoil it, try to keep them in spoilers.

Koopaul said:
I don't get it, why do you like Baby Luigi more than regular Luigi? They are, in fact, the same person but at different ages.
So you can't like someone better at a younger or older age?

Are you saying that because Peach and Baby Peach are the same person, I can't like one more than the other?

Because there are many characters I like/hate more when they're babies.

Man I hate Mario Power Tennis' starman.

I prefer Mario Tennis' one.

Back