Mario Tennis Open

Smashgoom202 said:
Don't Fear said:
Honestly, I'm not very excited about another Mario Sports title.
When was the last one? Mario Super Sluggers? Was that, like, 6 years ago?
Is Mario Sports Mix not a sports game for some reason?

It feels like it was longer...

But then again, it HAS been a while since the last NEW Mario Tennis game.

Smashgoom202 said:

It sure HAS been a while but I really enjoy Mario Tennis, I think it's my most favorite Mario sports game. I miss Mario Golf too... Two great franchises that would fit like a glove on the Wii and Nintendo didn't make them. :(

Don't Fear said:
Honestly, I'm not very excited about another Mario Sports title.

The Mario Tennis games are generally better than the other sports games. But that's just my opinion.

I'll tell you what wasn't a good game: Mario's Tennis. Unplayable, low roster (Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, D.K. Jr., Toad, Koopa Troopa), and it strained your eyes (Virtual Boy).

I like Mario's Tennis's existence, because it means it's one of the older Mario spin-offs and originated on something other than the Nintendo 64, or the "Mario spin-off period" on the GameCube.

I usually buy just about any Mario game when it is first released, but I might not get this if it doesn't get pretty good reviews. I'm not going to spend $40 on a handheld game unless it's good.

Personally, I can tell its really good by just watching the trailers. It's exactly what Mario Tennis is supposed to be. It's smooth and looking at the stages, there seems to be a nice variety.

The Mushroom Stage is. Awesome.

It was an almost unchanged port, so I don't think it should be counted.

Yoshidude99 said:
Smashgoom202 said:

So we're not countng Power Tennis on Wii?
Of course not, it was just a remake, which is the say, the EXACT SAME GAME, just with Wii controls.

If it should have an awesome intro, it should also have awesome credits (aka bloopers!)

I'm a fan of the Nintendo 64 Mario Tennis. Power Tennis sucked in my opinion, and to judge by the videos, Open looks exactly the same, so I think I'm not going to buy it.

I loved N64 Mario tennis, I didn't think Power Tennis played much differently. Except smoother and easier to control. But it's your opinion so that's fine.

Back