Mario Tennis Open

Majin Vegeta said:
The only chance DK characters have is in Baseball games.
not to say if the staff made the rule (because if they did, there are no concerns for Wario members)
are you sure DK is the only kong representive this time?

My MTO Roster Lists

Predicted Characters
Edit: Roster is removed.

Green: All-Around
Yellow: Technique
Blue: Speedy
Red: Power
Orange: Defensive
Purple: Tricky

Predicted Tournaments
World Open Tournament
1. Mushroom Cup (Hard Court)
2. Flower Cup (Clay Court)
3. Star Cup (Composition Court)
4. Special Cup (Grass Court)

Star Tournament
1. Rainbow Cup (Hard Court)
2. Moonlight Cup (Clay Court)
3. Planet Cup (Composition Court)
4. Galaxy Cup (Grass Court)

Gimmick Matches
1. Fire Cup
2. Thunder Cup
3. Ice Cup
4. Wood Cup

Total of 13 courts.
Default courts(Peach Dome with Hard, Clay, Grass, Composition)
12 Other courts

No Kongs except DK or Diddy IMO. The rest can stay in their own series. The game shoudlnt be clogged with monkeys.

I'm fine with what they put in though. I've liked their new roster characters in the past few games (Kamek in MP9 & The Characters from MK7). I can trust them to make the game right.

Plus, it looks fucking amazing. I spotted a Mushroom Level that looked cool. Hopefully they have only one plain course too.

I saw the prewiew box for the game in HMV yesterday and it had Mario's MPT GBA artwork on the front. I hope this dosen't mean anything.

Monkey D. Luffy said:
No Kongs except DK or Diddy IMO. The rest can stay in their own series. The game shoudlnt be clogged with monkeys.
there were no limit or rules for any character to participate, the only one may be that those from subseries don't have more appearances than Mario members. Basically DK is special guest, but Diddy is same with other DK member in my opinion.

just like you say, there are no news for DK main games in Wii / 3DS recently, though I think these are two different things.

HMV doesn't just sell games, it sells most forms of media. Only part of it is dedicated to games.

I don't know if Gamestop only sells strictly games, but, if it does, then HMV isn't the UK version of it. It probably isn't anyway.

Yoshidude99 said:
I saw the prewiew box for the game in HMV yesterday and it had Mario's MPT GBA artwork on the front. I hope this dosen't mean anything.

It probably doesn't. Stores sometimes uses older artwork on pre-order boxes, just as a placeholder. Even if it does mean something, it doesn't matter.

Dorayaki said:
Monkey D. Luffy said:
there were no limit or rules for any character to participate, the only one may be that those from subseries don't have more appearances than Mario members. Basically DK is special guest, but Diddy is same with other DK member in my opinion.

just like you say, there are no news for DK main games in Wii / 3DS recently, though I think these are two different things.

I'm not gonna argue, but DK characters have their own series for a reason. If there's no news of any new DK games, that has no impact on what Kongs should be in Mario tennis open.

DK characters belong in the DK series. DK and Diddy are an exception. It's like having more babies. 2 is enough, any more is stupid.

Monkey D. Luffy said:
DK characters belong in the DK series. DK and Diddy are an exception. It's like having more babies. 2 is enough, any more is stupid.

DK characters have their own series for a reason. If there's no news of any new DK games, that has no impact on what Kongs should be in Mario tennis open.
Since there are finite places in every game, minor characters can't be too many, but what they have to do is taking turns.
In your opinion is Diddy an exception among the DK members?

Im my opinion, DK and Wario series don't have their own seperate line of spinoffs, if they did it would affect both sales and not ecconomic. I don't think inviting guest players is a serious thing, after all these series are based on the same world.

But before ou invite guest players, put in the players from that series. DK and Diddy are now a given, they will probably almost always be there. But The rest of the Kongs should be left out. It's not Mario & DK Tennis. It's Mario tennis. It's like adding Wario characters. It's not Mario & WarioWare tennis. It's just Mario tennis. And Mario characters go into Mario tennis. See where I'm going? Mario Tennis = Mario Characters > DK Characters.

Monkey D. Luffy said:
DK and Diddy are now a given, they will probably almost always be there. But The rest of the Kongs should be left out.
The order of subseries and main series is correct, but I still mind what is Diddy's exception in your words?
Also the effect of taking turns seems not like leaving them out.

He's been in most of the games. Chances of them chucking him out are slim. So he has an exception.

And this rotation of characters you keep talking about is non-existent. The characters that are chosen are just characters they decide suit the game or need to have a chance to be put in. So characters that should be 'rotated in' will not be, because there is none.

Monkey D. Luffy said:
He's been in most of the games. Chances of them chucking him out are slim. So he has an exception.

And this rotation of characters you keep talking about is non-existent. The characters that are chosen are just characters they decide suit the game or need to have a chance to be put in. So characters that should be 'rotated in' will not be, because there is none.
In the original series, I think DK is the main protagonist, Diddy's chances may not be much more than other companions in his place.

After all though it's shame for staff that some Mario members have no chance in main games, this causes no rule or criterion to select players among the ones who aren't the heros. Anyway, it's off-topic and leave the discussion in other threads.

Your giving me a headache. If one little thing is off-topic you tell someone off. I'm not gonna even bother trying to reason with you, because you obviously haven't understood a thing I've said. And you STILL haven't told me if English Is your first language, because the way you write your sentences are horrible.

So I'll stick to this, Everybody that complains of wanting certain characters in should stop. Leave it to Nintendo. If you don't like that then your just impatient and picky. We can't change who gets put in and we shouldn't care. These games are being made for us and so we should just enjoy them for what they are.

Monkey D. Luffy said:
Your giving me a headache. If one little thing is off-topic you tell someone off. I'm not gonna even bother trying to reason with you, because you obviously haven't understood a thing I've said. And you STILL haven't told me if English Is your first language, because the way you write your sentences are horrible.
I mean there are other topics about character, this topic should better be left in the discussion of the game itself.

oh, so yes it's not, sorry if I've made you troubled with comprehension.

If you said that in the first place it won't have been a problem. I still have trouble understanding you though. So I'll just have to skip over things I don't understand.

Which was all of it.

I think you guys are going in circles. It´s much more simple. Adding new characters is good and refreshes things. Taking out characters is not good.

Going by the "if it ain´t broken don´t fix it" motto, new games shoud offer more of the same, not LESS. A new game having a smaller roster than older is a bad thing, no matter how you look at it. I´m all for Kamek, I really like they gave him a chance and it´s always a plus to have unique playable characters intead of generics. But taking out characters is NOT good.

The problem with this is the usual "fan of the kicked character stand for him/her, which is legit, but then overreacts annoying people who didn´t care for the character and making them also go in deffense mode about how awesome it is to have that bad character being taken out and telling everyone to get over it"- rinse and repeat

Easmo said:
I think you guys are going in circles. It´s much more simple. Adding new characters is good and refreshes things. Taking out characters is not good.

Going by the "if it ain´t broken don´t fix it" motto, new games shoud offer more of the same, not LESS. A new game having a smaller roster than older is a bad thing, no matter how you look at it. I´m all for Kamek, I really like they gave him a chance and it´s always a plus to have unique playable characters intead of generics. But taking out characters is NOT good.

The problem with this is the usual "fan of the kicked character stand for him/her, which is legit, but then overreacts annoying people who didn´t care for the character and making them also go in deffense mode about how awesome it is to have that bad character being taken out and telling everyone to get over it"- rinse and repeat

This statement wins. That's exactly my thoughts in any game except those with transition from console to handheld since the 3DS (example) can't hold as much memory/less powerful system than the bigger Wii.

Of course its not old having a character taken out. But you have to look on the bright side instead of flipping your shit over little things. What's the Bright side? That we're getting a new Mario tennis game. They could easily cancel this. So we should be happy with what we get. If you're tha annoyed by little design choices go make your own fucking Mario tennis. Nobodies stopping you.

So, how about we talk about the things we Like about it. Because I haven't seen anybody say anything about liking certain parts of it.

I'm paying ~$50 for that game. ~$50 is not cheap. When you pay $50 for something, you expect to get your money's worth. A crappy roster is NOT your money's worth.

If you're tha annoyed by little design choices go make your own *bleep*ing Mario tennis. Nobodies stopping you.

Except that I need copyrights, a team, copyrights, COPYRIGHTS, etc. You don't need to be so friggin' arrogant and say stuff like that. Not everyone can be in the video game industry or are capable of it! This is a thing you should understand before you spew out statements like that.

To sum up our posts

I think you guys are going in circles.

Seriously.

Back