Mario Tennis Open

FMGBASKFH said:
I'm a fan of the Nintendo 64 Mario Tennis. Power Tennis sucked in my opinion, and to judge by the videos, Open looks exactly the same, so I think I'm not going to buy it.
I have only played the Wii New Play Control version and it was fun to start with but got boring later. I will probably buy this one.

This Game will be Fun

New Super Yoshi said:
FMGBASKFH said:
I'm a fan of the Nintendo 64 Mario Tennis. Power Tennis sucked in my opinion, and to judge by the videos, Open looks exactly the same, so I think I'm not going to buy it.
I have only played the Wii New Play Control version and it was fun to start with but got boring later. I will probably buy this one.
The Gamecube one got ported to the wii

It still does not constitute as an entirely new game, whether you like it or not.

Because this is Mario Tennis Open.

That's why.

But yeah, face it, Power Tennis on Wii is pretty much a port with a few small features added.

Tournaments are maybe confirmed each 3.
Hard, Clay, Grass on Mario Stadium Courts.

World Open Tournament
1. Mushroom Cup
2. Flower Cup
3. Star Cup

Star Tournament
1. Rainbow Cup
2. Moonlight Cup
3. Planet Cup

Gimmick Matches
1. Fire Cup
2. Thunder Cup
3. Ice Cup

Total 10 courts.
1 courts with 3 theme. (Mario Stadium)
and Each 3 other courts in Gimmick Matches.

New Super Mario said:
Are you sure it's not just a mode and it's only a CPU?

But if it is playable, then awesome.

It's a mode like Ring shot and Ink shot before it, both which use regular playable characters in the video. It being a cpu only seems more farfetched than it being playable like the rest of the characters shown.

I'm going to go with it's just another mode. Just there to suit the special game.

Could be playable, but I doubt it.

manasword said:
Mijzelffan said:
So luma is confirmed a playable character now.

1:00

She isn't playable and only like cpu. This is Special Games and name is Galaxy Rally.
and she is maybe playable in only Baseball.
She was never playable in Baseball. Anyway, manasword is otherwise right. That game seems akin to Glooper Blooper Rally in Power Tennis.

manasword said:
Mijzelffan said:

She isn't playable and only like cpu. This is Special Games and name is Galaxy Rally.

Could you show me some proof of that? Because otherwise I'm goin with Occam's Razor, and that if there's a fully functional Tennis Player it's a little weird to limit it to just one mode: it'd be a waste of memory.

Mijzelffan said:
manasword said:
Mijzelffan said:

Could you show me some proof of that? Because otherwise I'm goin with Occam's Razor, and that if there's a fully functional Tennis Player it's a little weird to limit it to just one mode: it'd be a waste of memory.
Explain Gooper Blooper Rally from Power Tennis.

Magikrazy said:
Mijzelffan said:
manasword said:
Mijzelffan said:

Explain Gooper Blooper Rally from Power Tennis.

That thing could not walk around like Luma can. Luma can easily be used as a playable character the way we were shown it. That giant Blooper could not. They'd be stupid to waste memory space on Luma as a fully functional playable character, only to not make it playable.

Mijzelffan said:
That thing could not walk around like Luma can. Luma can easily be used as a playable character the way we were shown it. That giant Blooper could not. They'd be stupid to waste memory space on Luma as a fully functional playable character, only to not make it playable.

I'm hoping it is playable, but you know Nintendo. They'll probably not make it playable and do what Magikrazy said: exclusive as a CPU opponent in only one mode

If Luma is not playable, Nintendo.....................................................................................

Well, considering the Mario games' past roster, I won't set high expectations.

Back