Mario Tennis Open

Vynnie said:
FMGBASKFH said:
If Luma is not playable, Nintendo.....................................................................................

I don't think Luma would be a good option.

Luma is a better option than Metal FREAKING Mario

What made you think Metal FREAKING Mario is going to be in?

I had no implications on that.

Luma is a better choice than Metal FREAKING Mario any day of the year

People I don't want in:
Metal Mario (and other clones)
Queen Bee (and other useless characters)
Any Koopaling (except for Bowser Jr.)
Any Baby (except for Mawio and Weegee)

Is Dry Bones considered a clone? It would be nice if it is in.

Otherwise, I want minimal generic enemies.

La Marionette said:
Is Dry Bones considered a clone? It would be nice if it is in.

Same with Paratroopa. I liked it playable in the N64 and the GameCube tennises.

Then, Dry Bones should be in. Its partner should be Boo while Shy Guy's partner is Fly Guy; Paratroopa's partner is Koopa Troopa; Yoshi's partner is Birdo.

Who I want:
Mario and Luigi
Peach and Daisy
Wario and Waluigi
Yoshi and Toad
Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong
Koopa Troopa and Paratroopa
Bowser and Bowser Jr.
Baby Mario and Baby Luigi
Boo and Dry Bones
Rosalina and Luma

Thats all I can think of right now.

Petey Piranha and Wiggler should return. I also think Shy Guy and Fly Guy should return as well.

All I'm rooting for is Baby Mario and Toad to return while Baby Luigi and Toadette are the new characters. Then I'll be content with whatever they throw in.

Baby Luigi said:
All I'm rooting for is Baby Mario and Toad to return while Baby Luigi and Toadette are the new characters. Then I'll be content with whatever they throw in.
I thought Toad and Yoshi would make good partners.

Look I didn't like it when Yoshi had two "partners" in Mario Tennis 64 and I especially didn't like it that Baby Mario was one of Yoshi's partners. Toad was utterly partnerless in Mario Tennis 64.

Baby Luigi said:
Look I didn't like it when Yoshi had two "partners" in Mario Tennis 64 and I especially didn't like it that Baby Mario was one of Yoshi's partners. Toad was utterly partnerless in Mario Tennis 64.
Who was Shy Guy's partner?

Oh, right.

Anyway, like I said before. I don't want it like Mario's Tennis.

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Yoshi
Donkey Kong Jr.
Toad
Koopa Troopa

That was the entire roster. Also, the red and black was bad on my eyes.

Don't worry, Mario's Tennis was on the Virtual Boy so there's basically no chance it will be like that game.

And still, the confirmed roster is bigger than that

I never played the Virtual Boy. Most people probably never did.

However, this roster is great compared to the Mario Tennis on GBA. Don't get me started on that.

And then, there's Mario Tennis Power Tour where I believe Mario characters are 6 out of the 30ish characters (the rest which are those stupid generic human characters). Mario Tennis Open is definitely a step above that.

I looked at the current roster.

Since it's not likely Yoshi and Boo will be partners, I think the next confirmed will be Koopa Troopa and Shy Guy.

Baby Luigi said:
And then, there's Mario Tennis Power Tour where I believe Mario characters are 6 out of the 36ish characters (the rest which are those stupid generic human characters). Mario Tennis Open is definitely a step above that.

Fixed.
Total characters are 36 and only 6 mario characters and 30 of rests were just humans.
No Wario, Yoshi and Daisy. Mario characters are 1/6.

No more kongs
Toad needs to be playable and Rosalina needs Lubba as a partner, Luma being in the game as an NPC gives Rosalina a pretty high chance of being in it.

Lily said:
No more kongs
Toad needs to be playable and Rosalina needs Lubba as a partner, Luma being in the game as an NPC gives Rosalina a pretty high chance of being in it.

I really can't agree more on Toad. I really worry for his chances of being playable in this game judging by the roles he is seen with so far. Of course, Toad had similar roles in MT64; however, his cut in MPT makes it uncertain. I really do not understand why Nintendo chooses to not make Toad playable in these kinds of spin-offs (especially since they differentiated him from the other Toads). Is it just to taunt the Toad players?! :(

I really do hope the 13 characters so far are not the final roster. Additionally, I hope Camelot doesn't pull a Square-Enix this time around and add in their own characters as secret characters (if there are any).

Back