Which old villain should make a comeback?

Pinkie Pie said:
New Super Yoshi said:
MrConcreteDonkey said:
Wario should come back to the main games.
Yeah with :waluigi:
He was never in any main games to begin with, unlike Wario. *facehoof*.
I think he means that :waluigi: would join Wario in the main games, making four playable characters (possibly more).

I really think Waluigi should be in a main game, I think they should put all major characters.

I don't think so either. For a series with many characters, Mario gets too many attention.

BUMP
I'd like Waluigi to brainwash everyone except for Bowser, so then Bowser has to go to his castle and recover Peach

I still stand my my sentiment that Wart and Tatanga should make comebacks... Wario should also make a comeback as a Mario antagonist some time.

Then, he shouldn't be so stupid this time, 'cause who puts his very weakness right in front of his castle!? :eek:

Wario should make a comeback as a main villain to Mario for sure again. It would be interesting.

I do hope Wart and the bosses of SMB2 make their grand reappearances to the Mario series. They definitely were memorable and would fit smoothly in the current Mario series cast.

La Marionette said:
Wario should make a comeback as a main villain to Mario for sure again. It would be interesting.

I agree here. Wario has been portrayed lately to either being the icon of the WarioWare series or the comedic relief in most spin-offs. Also is it just me or has Wario been downplayed by Waluigi since the debut of the latter character?

Wario's original appearance as an antagonist or an anti-hero in his first appearances seems to have vanished as he became more of a funny man since the introduction of Waluigi (who more people seem to have taken a liking for lately). Wario being intimidating has been long gone since in the Mario series. I rather have the rivalry with Mario & Wario return in a full fledged game. Waluigi kind of overdid the rivalry by giving Luigi a rival.

Agree^ I think Wario should appear in a mainstream Mario game for once. Nowadays, it's always the same characters. What happened to stuff like Super Mario Land 2 or Super Mario Bros. 2? It's too bad that Waluigi and Wario are downgraded to serve mostly as spin-off characters nowadays in the Mario series.

I've already said this before, but I'd like an RPG where all the dead RPG villains (Smithy, Cacketta, The Shadow Queen, The Shroobs, Fawful, and Dimentio) are resurrected.

It's unfortunate indeed. However, even in the main series Nintendo does not even seem to care about the character arrangement, but rather the gameplay. As for characters in the recent Super Mario games, Nintendo seems to always have Mario in mind with a kidnapped Peach by the villainous Bowser and his minions. Luigi seems to be the bonus playable character as of lately, Toad is the small support character, and Yoshi is the sometimes ridable power-up. Aside from Mario, Bowser, and lately Luigi, the other characters are still lacking in notable roles.

What Nintendo needs to do is to fix the character arrangement. Yes, we all loved SMB1; however, I think the series needs a small break from going with the original tale. A SMB2 remake/sequel would be great, and a Mario platformer with multiple characters would be nice to see. It's sad to see that most Mario media focuses mainly on SMB1 (a great game, but...) even though there have been many popular Mario titles throughout the years.

Propeller Toad said:
What Nintendo needs to do is to fix the character arrangement. Yes, we all loved SMB1; however, I think the series needs a small break from going with the original tale. A SMB2 remake/sequel would be great, and a Mario platformer with multiple characters would be nice to see.

Have Nintendo make a plot where Peach doesn't get kidnapped for once? Sounds like a great plan to me.

Buster Baxter said:
I've already said this before, but I'd like an RPG where all the dead RPG villains (Smithy, Cacketta, The Shadow Queen, The Shroobs, Fawful, and Dimentio) are resurrected.

It would be awesome if those villians were resurrected as ghosts in Luigi's Mansion 2.

Smasher said:
twinArmageddons said:
You know, the Shroobs, Cackletta, Fawful, and the X-Nauts should team up. Then Mairo might have a problem.

I support this idea.

I would say the X-Nauts. I thought they were great villains.
You'd think that but as it turns out Mario found a mushroom that made him immune to alien mushrooms, magic, and guys wearing costumes

Baby Luigi said:
Propeller Toad said:
What Nintendo needs to do is to fix the character arrangement. Yes, we all loved SMB1; however, I think the series needs a small break from going with the original tale. A SMB2 remake/sequel would be great, and a Mario platformer with multiple characters would be nice to see.

Have Nintendo make a plot where Peach doesn't get kidnapped for once? Sounds like a great plan to me.

Super Princess Peach was an attempt. Though Nintendo made Mario, Luigi, and Toad get kidnapped instead. :rolleyes:

I just wish to see a game that does not revolve around kidnapping. Perhaps a game that focuses on saving the kingdom from Bowser's attack by infiltrating his fortress? Or even add another villain by making the story in another land (like SMB2). As for Bowser? Give him a notable comedic relief cameo just so we realize he's there in a non kidnapping game.

Nintendo did a pretty good job with characer roles for Mario characters around the GameCube and DS era what with Luigi and Peach getting their own games and Yoshi receiving a sequel to Yoshi's Island with Wario and DK's infant counterparts making surprise appearances (okay, Baby DK's apearance wasn't really a surprise since he was in the commercial). But yeah, after that, Nintendo's Mario stories kind of went back to Bowser kidnapping Peach.

Baby Luigi said:
Super Mario Bros. 2
Luigi's Mansion
Super Princess Peach
Super Paper Mario (okay, she got kidnapped at the beginning, but after that she was playable throughout most of the game)

La Marionette said:
Buster Baxter said:

It would be awesome if those villians were resurrected as ghosts in Luigi's Mansion 2.

Yeah, although the chances of Smithy coming back is practically 0%, since Square claimed copyright on everything in SMRPG except for the things that already belonged to Nintendo (Mario, Peach, Bowser, etc.) and it seems like they want to keep that part of the lives buried.

Too bad Nintendo put these villains on the unemployment line, I believe. :( Perhaps not Fawful, yet, but most of them, yes.

La Marionette said:
Buster Baxter said:

Nah people don't die in the Mario series ever even the ones that die end up coming back (also Smithy isn't dead he's just trapped in another dimension. And the Shroobs are in BiS)
Propeller Toad said:
What Nintendo needs to do is to fix the character arrangement. Yes, we all loved SMB1; however, I think the series needs a small break from going with the original tale. A SMB2 remake/sequel would be great, and a Mario platformer with multiple characters would be nice to see. It's sad to see that most Mario media focuses mainly on SMB1 (a great game, but...) even though there have been many popular Mario titles throughout the years.
You just want Toad to be playable again :P

Buster Baxter said:
Nintendo did a pretty good job with characer roles for Mario characters around the GameCube and DS era what with Luigi and Peach getting their own games and Yoshi receiving a sequel to Yoshi's Island with Wario and DK's infant counterparts making surprise appearances (okay, Baby DK's apearance wasn't really a surprise since he was in the commercial). But yeah, after that, Nintendo's Mario stories kind of went back to Bowser kidnapping Peach.

Baby Luigi said:
Super Mario Bros. 2
Luigi's Mansion
Super Princess Peach
Super Paper Mario (okay, she got kidnapped at the beginning, but after that she was playable throughout most of the game)

Ok you got me there, but recently, every platforming game Peach appeared in, she got kidnapped. Recently.

La Marionette said:
Too bad Nintendo put these villains on the unemployment line, I believe. :( Perhaps not Fawful, yet, but most of them, yes.

Smithy aside, Nintendo might bring them back. They did bring the koopalings back in NSMBWii with some slight redesigns. Nintendo can give us surprises when they want to.

Baby Luigi said:
Ok you got me there, but recently, every platforming game Peach appeared in, she got kidnapped. Recently.

True, you have a good point there.

Baby Luigi said:
Buster Baxter said:

Baby Luigi said:
Super Mario Bros. 2
Luigi's Mansion
Super Princess Peach

You know this wouldn't happen if she followed these step
Step one Build an actual military when your kingdom relies on plumbers to defend it well you are already screwed
Step two Invade Koopa Kingdom if two plumbers can do I think 1,000,000 toads can
Step three Capture Bowser and his kids
Step four Kill them

Back