19 new characters Super Smash Bros. Wii U "must" include

apocalypseArisen said:
Raphael said:
If we get another Sonic character, I'm hoping for Shadow. At worst, he'd be a semi-clone of Sonic (kind of like Falco and Lucas to Fox and Ness). At best, he'd have a unique moveset. I'd say it's a win-win.

I don't think Shadow would make a good brawler, if anything I'd say Tails, Knuckles, or Robotnik would make for interesting characters

I say Tails is better as an Assist Trophy. I guess Knuckles could work. But really? You choose Robotnik over Shadow?

apocalypseArisen said:
Raphael said:
Also, the Yoshi and F-Zero series need a second representative. I feel sorry for Yoshi and Captain Falcon being the only characters representing their own series.

Who else could be added to the Yoshi series?

BMarioSluggers.PNG

Raphael said:
I say Tails is better as an Assist Trophy. I guess Knuckles could work. But really? You choose Robotnik over Shadow?

As much as I understand that Robotnik would be weird to have a choice. At least Robotnik would be a better rep then Shadow. Shadow's nice but if there's going to be a 2nd Sonic character at all (Which I find unlikely) I think Tails or Knuckles would be better reps.

Raphael said:

Shadow seems too much like a Luigi, he's too similar to Sonic. I don't see how they can differentiate him from Sonic that much.

Raphael said:

I think Baby Mario would fit better in the Mario series.

However, I agree with 3K, Kamek would be a good character.

The Mario series has enough representatives. Besides Partners in Time is the only non spin-off game to feature Baby Mario. Otherwise, he's a Yoshi character.

As for Shadow, Nintendo, Sega, and HAL can use the game mechanics from Shadow The Hedgehog to give Shadow his moveset.

Yeah I think most people don't want to be reminded of that game :P lol

As neat as a Shadow Moveset could be. Shadow just isn't as important as say Tails or Knuckles. I just don't think it'd be fair to have Shadow be playable while characters that have been in the series much longer are given the short stick.

Well, I guess that makes sense. Although using your "characters that have been in the series much longer" theory, other franchises actually did do this (i.e. Lucario's a Gen IV pokemon while Gen III was skipped). Just thought I'd point it out. And I wanted Shadow cause I thought in addition to villains, we could use more playable anti-heroes. Just some stuff I wanted to point it out.

Raphael said:
The Mario series has enough representatives. Besides Partners in Time is the only non spin-off game to feature Baby Mario. Otherwise, he's a Yoshi character.

But uh, he is kind of... Mario.

But anyways, Baby Mario would seem too much like a Mario clone, in my opinion.

Even so, he isn't really an addition to the Yoshi series. And if Baby Mario was in the game, I'd say it'd be better if he had Baby Luigi with him, kind of like the Ice Climbers.

Northern Verve said:
Yeah I think most people don't want to be reminded of that game :P lol

As neat as a Shadow Moveset could be. Shadow just isn't as important as say Tails or Knuckles. I just don't think it'd be fair to have Shadow be playable while characters that have been in the series much longer are given the short stick.
I do

Raphael said:
Well, I guess that makes sense. Although using your "characters that have been in the series much longer" theory, other franchises actually did do this (i.e. Lucario's a Gen IV pokemon while Gen III was skipped). Just thought I'd point it out. And I wanted Shadow cause I thought in addition to villains, we could use more playable anti-heroes. Just some stuff I wanted to point it out.

With Pokemon it's different. Because there's so many Pokemon and they can only have so few Playable ones. And although Gen III didn't get a Playable in Brawl I think a Majority of the Pokeball Pokemon were Gen III.

For something like a 3rd Party though. Tails and Knuckles have been in more games, and they're almost as iconic to the series as Sonic himself, and they'd have a better chance at being completely different from Sonic. I personally don't think any 3rd Party is going to be privileged with a 2nd character (Unless of course Downloadable characters come into play). But if there was even a chance Tails (or Knuckles) should get in. It's be great to see a Sonic and Tails team battle with Mario and Luigi.

Northern Verve said:
Raphael said:

With Pokemon it's different. Because there's so many Pokemon and they can only have so few Playable ones. And although Gen III didn't get a Playable in Brawl I think a Majority of the Pokeball Pokemon were Gen III.

For something like a 3rd Party though. Tails and Knuckles have been in more games, and they're almost as iconic to the series as Sonic himself, and they'd have a better chance at being completely different from Sonic. I personally don't think any 3rd Party is going to be privileged with a 2nd character (Unless of course Downloadable characters come into play). But if there was even a chance Tails (or Knuckles) should get in. It's be great to see a Sonic and Tails team battle with Mario and Luigi.
Yeah a team battle should be an extra mode.

apocalypseArisen said:
Even so, he isn't really an addition to the Yoshi series. And if Baby Mario was in the game, I'd say it'd be better if he had Baby Luigi with him, kind of like the Ice Climbers.

I agree. Mario Tennis and Mario Golf had already done it without Baby Luigi and that was one of the worst mistakes the game developers could have done

Thanks for saying I'm cool

The least Baby Luigi should receive is a friggin' trophy.

Super Smash Bros. is the least violent looking out of all Super Smash Bros. That's maybe a reason it got an E rating. Or ESRB were less strict back then

The N64 is the most cartoony of all. It had those funky sound effects and those bright, cartoony colors. Not that it's a bad thing. I wish Super Smash Bros. was more cartoony and less realistic. Brawl was super dull for a Nintendo game.

Back