19 new characters Super Smash Bros. Wii U "must" include

MnSG said:
I can do without Solid Snake. His presence in Smash Bros. is just rather odd, not because he's 3rd party, but because he comes from a series of M rated games.
Hence why I wanted to axe him. He just doesn't fit in with the set of cute, playful, semi-nonviolent characters like Kirby, Sonic, and Olimar

Remilia Bloody Scarlet said:
Fun fact: Metroid and Fire Emblem are rated M in Australia.

I was referring to the ESRB rating system, which operates differently from the other rating systems. For example, Donkey Konga 2 was rated T in North America, while the other regions got the all ages treatment.

'3K said:
Neither does Samus, but oh well.

At least her most violent games are only rated T.

Um... what exactly in Super Smash Bros. fits in with anything else in Super Smash Bros.?

MnSG said:
I was referring to the ESRB rating system, which operates differently from the other rating systems. For example, Donkey Konga 2 was rated T in North America, while the other regions got the all ages treatment.
Cuz we don't matter, of course!

Yaaaay!

Cuz we don't matter, of course!

Yaaaay!

Yeah North America can be quite strict with certain words, which is why Donkey Konga 2 got the T rating.

You know, it's actually really my fault cuz I didn't chop up your quote as necessary.

I was referring to your implied dismissal of foreign ratings as if we don't matter when it comes to the "Metal Gear Solid is M-rated, it shouldn't be in Smash Bros.!" argument.

Besides, Australia has it pretty awful with censorship (not nearly as bad as Germany, tho), so I don't think you can complain about the ESRB being sensitive.

You know, it's actually really my fault cuz I didn't chop up your quote as necessary.

I was referring to your implied dismissal of foreign ratings as if we don't matter when it comes to the "Metal Gear Solid is M-rated, it shouldn't be in Smash Bros.!" argument.

Besides, Australia has it pretty awful with censorship (not nearly as bad as Germany, tho), so I don't think you can complain about the ESRB being sensitive.

You know, when you put it that way, Australia does have two ratings which are used when a game's contents are considered too extreme to be released to the public. The ESRB rating system has nothing like that.

MnSG said:
I can do without Solid Snake. His presence in Smash Bros. is just rather odd, not because he's 3rd party, but because he comes from a series of M rated games.
Yeah I didn't reallyl ike him either.

I liked Snake because I can beat him up using Ness, something you previously can't do before

I like Snake because I like the Metal Gear franchise. And I can also have him snap Pikachu's neck, but that's aside the point.

Snake would of never gone in normally. But Snake's creator Hideo Kojima is basically best buddies with Sakurai and tried to get him in Melee but was too late. So when Brawl was being worked on the 2 buddies called eachother and got Snake into the game.

Sure it's odd but I doubt Sonic would of ever had a chance if Sakurai didn't include Solid Snake. Snake is to me the wall-breaker that destroyed a supposed barrier where 3rd Parties can't get into Smash Bros. Even if it was still limited in how many 3rd Parties Snake basically left a hole in the barrier so at least one more could sneak in (Sonic in Brawl's case) and perhaps the crack will be just a little bit bigger for SSB4

Well, I sure hope Snake stays. He's a pretty unique and surprise character in the Smash Bros. games

Well again, like I said before, I just find it disturbing to see anyone from an M rated series appear in the Super Smash Bros. series. The way I see it, only the series' that have the EC, E (K-A), E10+, and T ratings should be involved.

I don't find it disturbing once I turn that M rated character into a star. Or how the Nintendo characters interact with him. It's quite funny

MnSG said:
Well again, like I said before, I just find it disturbing to see anyone from an M rated series appear in the Super Smash Bros. series. The way I see it, only the series' that have the EC, E (K-A), E10+, and T ratings should be involved.
Are you 12-years old or something?

Fighting games are wacky, violent and unpredictable, deal with it. If Phoenix Wright can show documents to his enemy as an attack in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Solid Snake can snap Kirby's non-existent neck in Super Smash Bros.

MnSG said:
Are you 12-years old or something?

Fighting games are wacky, violent and unpredictable, deal with it. If Phoenix Wright can show documents to his enemy as an attack in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Solid Snake can snap Kirby's non-existent neck in Super Smash Bros.
Hey what are you trying to say?

What Remilia Bloody Scarlet is saying is that fighting games are supposed to be violent. However, what I'm trying to get at is that the Super Smash Bros. series should never be Mortal Kombat violent.

Yoshidude99 said:
I was asking about the 12 yesrs old thing but yeah Smash bros isn't like Mortal Kombat

Remilia Bloody Scarlet is most likely a tougher person, who isn't heavily bothered by intense violence. I'm 23, and yet I behave like a teenager, which is probably where that 12 year old statement came to play.

MnSG said:
What Remilia Bloody Scarlet is saying is that fighting games are supposed to be violent. However, what I'm trying to get at is that the Super Smash Bros. series should never be Mortal Kombat violent.
Except that most fighting games aren't Mortal Kombat-styled violence...! As a matter of fact, many fighting game fans feel Mortal Kombat goes too far with its violence and gore.

Back