19 new characters Super Smash Bros. Wii U "must" include

Ornithologist Mario said:
Brawl was super dull for a Nintendo game.

So games like Metroid are bright and colorful...?

Ahem, I meant compared to the previous two Super Smash Bros. games and many Nintendo games.

Yeah, but it still had that cartoonish element to it compared to Brawl.

I used to like the more realistic graphics, but I'm questioning it now.

Realistic =/= Good graphics.

I doubt that the new Super Smash Bros. game will be more cartoony and colorful like the first game, but I can hope for it.

You mean, mad in Brawl, and his appearance in Melee was like a realistic N64 version of himself.

Yes, there is a difference between N64 Mario and current Mario.

It was only really realistic for the characters in the game that had more realistic art styles in their (most recent) games. Especially Solid Snake for example. Cute characters like Kirby or Pikachu still remained normal. It's not like they gave characters like Sonic real fur.

Mario doesn't have to be "realistic", though. The game could also have more saturated colors in general. Most characters, even Link and Samus, could use more color.

He's more of a stage background or assist trophy, IMO.

Ornithologist Mario said:
You mean, mad in Brawl, and his appearance in Melee was like a realistic N64 version of himself.

Yes, there is a difference between N64 Mario and current Mario.

Mario's mouth is easy to notice in Brawl, while it's usually hard to see in Melee.

Northern Verve said:
Pinkie Pie said:
And also, this may not be the most likeh thing, but I'm hopin' fer' Mickey Mouse with an Epic Mickey revelent move-set. He may have a slim chance of appearin', but a guy can dream, eh? Gettin' back on topic, if Mickey were to appear, it would be probable that the Clock Tower be a boss. And, to end mai borin' statement, I would find it pretty cool if Goombario or Goombella were Assist Trophies and destracters kinda like Resetti was.

Yeah unfortunately Mickey Mouse has zero probability as Smash Bros. only goes for those with Video game origins. Mickey Mouse has always been a Cartoon icon. Never a Video game one
Well so many people including me have been requesting that design of Mickey to appear

supermariofan said:
Northern Verve said:
Pinkie Pie said:
And also, this may not be the most likeh thing, but I'm hopin' fer' Mickey Mouse with an Epic Mickey revelent move-set. He may have a slim chance of appearin', but a guy can dream, eh? Gettin' back on topic, if Mickey were to appear, it would be probable that the Clock Tower be a boss. And, to end mai borin' statement, I would find it pretty cool if Goombario or Goombella were Assist Trophies and destracters kinda like Resetti was.

Yeah unfortunately Mickey Mouse has zero probability as Smash Bros. only goes for those with Video game origins. Mickey Mouse has always been a Cartoon icon. Never a Video game one
Well so many people including me have been requesting that design of Mickey to appear
Ok, tell me who (besides you) has requested that.

Because I don't know anyone else who has.

Magikrazy said:
supermariofan said:
Northern Verve said:
Pinkie Pie said:

Ok, tell me who (besides you) has requested that.

Because I don't know anyone else who has.

The rest are just in other forums so you'll have to google it

He also kind of responded to something I said almost a year ago...

Even if there is this huge request for him. It simply won't happen. Epic Mickey Mickey is still Mickey. When someone thinks about Mickey their first thought isn't "Oh he was the playable character in Epic Mickey!" they think of the Disney cartoon icon that he's been since the 1920s.

Putting Mickey in the game makes about the same sense as putting Bugs Bunny into it. Epic Mickey doesn't change this fact at all.

I doubt this'll happen, but it'd be neat if Landia from Kirby's Return To Dreamland was playable. I'd love to play as a dragon.

psst! hey, sonicmario, you know we have ignore lists, right? put supermariofan on your ignore list and save yourself the time/effort/sanity. he obviously still doesn't get it after everything, you and magikrazy have told him. you could argue with him as much as you want, but it won't do you any good

Would you put in Baloo because of the TaleSpin game?
Or Scrooge McDuck?
Or Chip and Dale?
Or Darkwing Duck?
Or Roger Rabbit?
Godzilla was in an NES game, does that make him fully elligible?
What about the Ghostbusters?
The Noid?

DO ANY OF THESE MAKE SENSE TO YOU, SUPERMARIOFAN?!
They all should, they were all in a game put on a Nintendo system.

Magikrazy said:
Or Scrooge McDuck?
Or Chip and Dale?
Or Darkwing Duck?
Or Roger Rabbit?
The Noid?

None of them were BEST-SELLING games though especially the Godzilla one

supermariofan said:
Magikrazy said:
Or Scrooge McDuck?
Or Chip and Dale?
Or Darkwing Duck?
Or Roger Rabbit?
The Noid?

None of them were BEST-SELLING games though especially the Godzilla one
Actually, I believe the DuckTales & Chip and Dale: Rescue Rangers games were critically acclaimed.

However, just because a game is critically acclaimed or a best seller doesn't make the main character automatically elligible.

RandomGuy said:
If you REALLY want Nintendo to put in Disney characters, you could just tweet Sakurai

If it were that easy to request characters, Sakurai would be bombarded with Character suggestions everyday.

Back