Young kids are so annoying!

Dr. Javelin said:
You do have a point. A lot of today's teenager's favorite things are just stupid in my opinion. I almost feel like an adult who for some reason is going to high school.

1. A lot of their music. Not all of it, but most.
2. These days, practically any popular game not made by Nintendo is a shooter and you can win by simply running around and killing. No brains required.

you're TOO RIGHT.

:(

SpinyMaster said:
I'm ashamed of being a teenager. Most swear and think they're 'too cool to listen to people', and which is why most are delinquents and in juevinielle hall.
WHY IS EVERYONE SO RIGHT

Ornithologist Mario said:
Besides, I only text to my parents, if they should pick me up.

And can I have my opinions on rock music? I hear it too much.
._.

WTF GUYS GET OUT OF MY MIIIINDD

I'm 16, but I don't act like the stereotypical teenager. I do listen to rock, but I also happen to like classical music. I definitely don't like any of that Lady Gaga/Ke$ha/etc. crap. I wear pretty normal clothes, too. Some people think i'm antisocial, but really I'm just kind of shy with strangers sometimes, and I'm never rude to them. I also don't go through forty-two boyfriends in a week.

Many of my classmates are the exact opposite and they're pretty annoying hipsters, future prostitutes, wannabe gangsters, etc. One girl who will be a sophomore next year dyes her hair every other day with Kool-Aid.

Most of the adults I know (and by adults I mean way older than me) don't usually think of teenagers who listen to rock as hooligans, they think of the ones who listen to hip hop and R&B and swear and have jeans either way too low or way to high and...

But I don't like to stereotype. Final defense I've seen teenagers who do all those things who are Asian, White, Black and Hispanic. It's not a race thing and I'm not even trying to diss their awful unique music but they shouldn't be repeating things (actions and words) from it.

SpinyMaster said:
Dr. Javelin said:
Ornithologist Mario said:
And can I have my opinions on rock music? I hear it too much.
Rap is worse. Metal is even worse. Death metal is one of the worst things invented my humanity.
Agreed, Death Metal is just too strange for me to handle
i'm offended.
I'm a musician and have a lot of classical music study.
these might sound weird but...
I listen to These genres of Metal:
heavy, Nu, new wave of american heavy Metal, power, progressive, death melodic(it's not the same as regular death, but i do listen to death sometimes), speed, neoclassical, psiquedelic, thrash, etc.
But i also listen to rock and classical and even Opera. Because they all have a connection.
Most of the greatest musicians in the world do metal.
Metal has his roots on blues and classical orchestrated music. I have studied music and some of the greater teachers like metal.
Some are crap and senseless(maybe the ones you don't like)
but some of them are majestous, require knowlegde, technique and a love for music! If you don't like death metal that doesn't mean you need to insult the whole general genre!

ToD the ToaD said:
i'm offended.
heavy, Nu, new wave of american heavy Metal, power, progressive, death melodic(it's not the same as regular death, but i do listen to death sometimes), speed, neoclassical, psiquedelic, thrash, etc.
But i also listen to rock and classical and even Opera. Because they all have a connection.
Metal has his roots on blues and classical orchestrated music. I have studied music and some of the greater teachers like metal.
but some of them are majestous, require knowlegde, technique and a love for music! If you don't like death metal that doesn't mean you need to insult the whole general genre!
I have yet to hear a good death metal song. That's evidence. And yes, I have heard plenty from the other people in my grade. They all sound the same. Just like country. Except with country you can actually tell what they're saying.

Greatest musicians? Meaning who?

Dr. Javelin said:
ToD the ToaD said:
i'm offended.
I have yet to hear a good death metal song. That's evidence. And yes, I have heard plenty from the other people in my grade. They all sound the same. Just like country. Except with country you can actually tell what they're saying.

Greatest musicians? Meaning who?
you wouldn't know any of them. I say great. Not well know.
And i'm not defending death. I'm defending the other genres!
Ever heard "The king for a thousand years" By helloween?
A POWER metal song
Or "EagleHeart" By Stratovarious?
A NEOCLASSIC metal song.
These songs talk about glory, bravery, strenght, the might of the human being! Yet, people never hear them because they listened to some hideous BLACK metal song and they already think "all metal is horrible!"
that's a stereotype. And i hate it.

There's at least one song from each genre I like. I used to think of myself as a punker but I listen to a lot of stuff.

I like Tupac and Gorillaz (put in same sentence by coincidence because they're not similar.)

I like Green Day (Well their old stuff.) I like Nirvana and Oasis and Radio Head and The Beatles and Interpol and The Turtles. I just listen to what I think is good.

Mason said:
There's at least one song from each genre I like. I used to think of myself as a punker but I listen to a lot of stuff.

I like Tupac and Gorillaz (put in same sentence by coincidence because they're not similar.)

I like Green Day (Well their old stuff.) I like Nirvana and Oasis and Radio Head and The Beatles and Interpol and The Turtles. I just listen to what I think is good.
i understand... It just that i don't like people midjudging the genre. I named two songs. Go listen to the second one and tell me if you can't understand what the guy says or the lyrics are awful. There's songs on SSBB that are heavier.

ToD the ToaD said:
Mason said:

i understand... It just that i don't like people midjudging the genre. I named two songs. Go listen to the second one and tell me if you can't understand what the guy says or the lyrics are awful. There's songs on SSBB that are heavier.
I really don't know what genre you're talking about, I was just speaking. Are you talking about metal? I've listen to heavy metal and enjoyed it. It really depends what it is.

EDIT: I loved both songs.
you said:
"The king for a thousand years" By helloween
"EagleHeart" By Stratovarious?

I need to expand my horizons.

I'm happy you do! ^^
that's the kind of music people are missing because of death metal, black metal, etc. bands causing a bad impression.
And helloween exists from the 80's and their last album is from 2010. Yet, people outside of the metal word have never heard of them. Sad...

1337 said:
I heard that younger kids are getting less exercise.

Yeah, probably because they play video games and go on the Internet all day (as I post a reply in a Mario forum).

Childhood obesity sucks because, of course, the government has to get involved and now they don't serve fries in the a la carte line at my school. OR tater tots. And everything in the snack line is "Baked, not fried!" or "Sugar free!" As if kids can't bring their own healthy lunches to school.

Sorry, my rant's over. I just really like my junk food, and my school is not helping me out here.

Wait, so American kids have complete meals at school?
Over here, all kids have to bring their own lunch, or if they go to a Secondary school, they can also go to the McDonalds, or get some sandwiches from school (paid, of course).

YamiHoshi.nl said:
Wait, so American kids have complete meals at school?
Over here, all kids have to bring their own lunch, or if they go to a Secondary school, they can also go to the McDonalds, or get some sandwiches from school (paid, of course).
At the schools I went to, they served lunchs in the cafeteria and it cost about $1.50

But they gave poor kids lunch cards so they could get free lunches.

$ 1,50 converts to € 1.06.
On my current college, you won't even get a Bounty for this low!

Usually the lunches were one carton of (chocolate or regular) milk, one dish (like a slice of pizza) and one side (like salad)

And the pizza tasted very weird. I preferred bringing my own lunch.

The lowest you can get is some coffee for € 0,60, and some crisps (or cookies) for € 0,99.
Other things, like a sandwich, costs € 1,35, a snack (sito stick, loempia, bami ball, frikandel, kroket, of which I don't know how they're called in English) cost € 1,50, and a hamburger (which you'll find really small) costs € 2,00.
Something to drink (Pepsi, Fanta, Sprite) cost € 1,00 for one can.

I hate Baked Lays more than the Original. It's just too bland. And then, they go around serving Cheetos, which is one of the worst snack options.

And BTW, lack of exercise is not causing obesity. It's the food. Exercise only burns 15% of your daily calories, the rest go to metabolism, maintaining body, etc.

It doesn't matter what's causing it, it's not the government's OR the school's business. If people really want to be fat, then let them. :l

At my school, a regular lunch is $2.00 and snacks are usually $0.50 or $0.75. Reduced are less, I think maybe $1.00 or $0.75? But that obviously doesn't cover snacks.

Kinda getting back on topic, I hated sixth grade because I was starting to mature but I still had to share my bus with a whole bunch of screaming kindergarteners. :P

schmutz said:
It doesn't matter what's causing it, it's not the government's OR the school's business. If people really want to be fat, then let them. :l

Kinda getting back on topic, I hated sixth grade because I was starting to mature but I still had to share my bus with a whole bunch of screaming kindergarteners. :P

You know, it's not the consumer's fault they're getting fat. Food manufacturers hide stuff all the time. That whole grain Pop Tarts is a great example of the message people are getting. Whole grain foods are good for you. Whole grain Pop Tarts is not. You'll be surprised at how unhealthy salad can get, thanks to food manufacturers

The only time I hate little kids are in movie theaters. -_-

Some people don't even deserve to be fat, too.

OT: Dieting will also make you weigh more, actually.

When little kids scream in a movie theater, it kind of ruins the movie. I can't hear what the characters are saying.

Back