Young kids are so annoying!

Dr. Javelin said:
I have to agree man. Every one of my cousin that is under 8 is always following me, yelling for no reason, kicking me, and if I even TRY to defend myself, I get grounded for like two monthes :mad:
These kids are so wimpy that they keep trying to hit me and it doesn't even hurt. And I don't play any sports and am in terrible physical condition. All I have to do is swing a three-foot long wooden pole like a sword and they usually back off.
[/quote]
lol One time I was at church and this kid was trying to beat up my friend so people would like him and he called him an ***-hole so he hit him but not that hard and then he started crying hystericly even though he was acting and my friend also almost got in trouble

[/quote]

All of my first cousins on my dad's side are adults with children of their own, but it's sickening how all but one of them don't discipline their kids at all. My little 6-year old second cousin screams at his dad to get him a Coke, and he just takes it. I don't understand how that happens.

schmutz said:
Abuse is unjustified. Corporal punishment is negative reinforcement. I was joking anyway; it does seem too harsh.

I say if a kid is going to be punished, the punishment should relate to their wrong-doing. Let's take a look at the classic "kid breaks window with a baseball" scenario. What is yelling at them and sending them to their room going to accomplish? It's not going to fix the window. The proper action is to take away their allowance until there's enough money to fix the window. Or simply prevent them from doing things they love until the parent gets the window fixed and in the process, tell the child what they did wrong and have them play baseball AWAY from any fragile objects.

Koopa Kid said:
Dr. Javelin said:
I have to agree man. Every one of my cousin that is under 8 is always following me, yelling for no reason, kicking me, and if I even TRY to defend myself, I get grounded for like two monthes :mad:
These kids are so wimpy that they keep trying to hit me and it doesn't even hurt. And I don't play any sports and am in terrible physical condition. All I have to do is swing a three-foot long wooden pole like a sword and they usually back off.
lol One time I was at church and this kid was trying to beat up my friend so people would like him and he called him an ***-hole so he hit him but not that hard and then he started crying hystericly even though he was acting and my friend also almost got in trouble
[/quote]
True, but they like dont let me do stuff on a regular basis, like if I tried playing any video game they'd move my hands. It just takes a good punch to get them started.

Aqua Soul said:
schmutz said:
Abuse is unjustified. Corporal punishment is negative reinforcement. I was joking anyway; it does seem too harsh.

I say if a kid is going to be punished, the punishment should relate to their wrong-doing. Let's take a look at the classic "kid breaks window with a baseball" scenario. What is yelling at them and sending them to their room going to accomplish? It's not going to fix the window. The proper action is to take away their allowance until there's enough money to fix the window. Or simply prevent them from doing things they love until the parent gets the window fixed and in the process, tell the child what they did wrong and have them play baseball AWAY from any fragile objects.
Or break them with a baseball, see how they like it Those are good discipline methods. Stuff like that shouldn't go unpunished, but you can't be too harsh either.

SpinyMaster said:
True, but they like dont let me do stuff on a regular basis, like if I tried playing any video game they'd move my hands. It just takes a good punch to get them started.
I'm not that evil. I have a code of honor that prevents me from harming those who can't defend themselves.
Aqua Soul said:
schmutz said:

Or you could make sure they don't like sports.

@ SpinyMaster:
See, that's another reason why SOME people shouldn't be parents. They show obvious favoritism and don't listen to both sides of the story.

You know, I'm having second third thoughts about being an elementary school teacher.

@ Dr. Javelin:
But kids have to excercise to be healthy. :|

Jeff you're not very intelligent.

Aqua Soul said:
@ SpinyMaster:
See, that's another reason why SOME people shouldn't be parents. They show obvious favoritism and don't listen to both sides of the story.

You know, I'm having second third thoughts about being an elementary school teacher.

@ Dr. Javelin:
But kids have to excercise to be healthy. :|

Just feed them better food and let them play in the woods outside or something. I loved doing that. The innocent days of childhood...

Caboose said:
Yoshiwalker said:
Garlic you're not very nice.
Cry about it.

Seriously, though. We are having a perfectly good intelligent debate here. Go troll somewhere else.

Caboose said:

Intelligent or not, the things I said are true.

You're just in denial.

@ Dr. Javelin: Who's trolling? Me or Garlic? If it's me I'm sorry. But that's how I feel about the topic.

Okay. Just asking.

On the other hand, some kids are incredibly well-behaved. I live next door to a first grader and his younger sister they're quite optomistic and do what their parents say and even do some good deeds without being asked (last winter when I was shoveling snow off the driveway, they offered to help. If i wasn't so lazy, I'd offer to babysit.

ON TOPIC
I think that when you yell at a kid, it should be at a respectful tone, not "BRAGH I HATE YOU YOUR SO BAD!!!!" It should be a nice, soft tone but you need to tell them wat thety did wrong and the consequences

Koopa Kid said:
ON TOPIC
I think that when you yell at a kid, it should be at a respectful tone, not "BRAGH I HATE YOU YOUR SO BAD!!!!" It should be a nice, soft tone but you need to tell them wat thety did wrong and the consequences
That never works on the belligerent ones.

Dr. J I know you're fairly new to the forum but if you'd seen some of the things Jeff has said in the past, you would know that I'm being perfectly sensible.

YamiHoshi.nl said:
But still Garlic has a point, most of the latest newcomers here are kids, and all of them are annoying.
I don't know, but kids that came months or years ago are even more mature, compared to the ones coming right now.
^this
i was walking on streets with my Sis when some kids (from 8 to 10)
started yelling some disgusting stuff to my Sister, on the streets!. When do kids learned stuff like THAT so quickly? Besides, they're too fucking annoying sometimes. And with each generation it gets worse.

Caboose said:
Dr. J I know you're fairly new to the forum but if you'd seen some of the things Jeff has said in the past, you would know that I'm being perfectly sensible.
How about not judging the past and focusing here and now?

Koopa Kid said:
Well, maybe you should just let them stay in a room till they calm down untill they listen
When you have 20+ kids acting up in a large group, that doesn't work too well.
ToD the ToaD said:
YamiHoshi.nl said:
But still Garlic has a point, most of the latest newcomers here are kids, and all of them are annoying.
I don't know, but kids that came months or years ago are even more mature, compared to the ones coming right now.
^this
started yelling some disgusting stuff to my Sister, on the streets!. When do kids learned stuff like THAT so quickly? Besides, they're too *bleep*ing annoying sometimes. And with each generation it gets worse.
In some ways, the next generation (no pun intended) is smarter, and in other ways they are A LOT stupider.

Sorry to jump in after three pages, but personally, I get less annoyed by younger kids than teenagers (no offense 99% of this forum but I mean IRL teenagers aged 4-8 years younger than me.) They're just mean walking down the street. Anyone younger seems adorable when they're mean.

ToD the ToaD said:
YamiHoshi.nl said:
^this
started yelling some disgusting stuff to my Sister, on the streets!. When do kids learned stuff like THAT so quickly? Besides, they're too *bleep*ing annoying sometimes. And with each generation it gets worse.
It's because they learn it from the parents,other siblings,T.V and school. If any parent is reading this, STOP CURSING IN FRONT OF YOUR CHILDREN!!!!!

Dr. Javelin said:
Caboose said:

Tell that to Osama.

Mason said:
Sorry to jump in after three pages, but personally, I get less annoyed by younger kids than teenagers (no offense 99% of this forum but I mean IRL teenagers aged 4-8 years younger than me.) They're just mean walking down the street. Anyone younger seems adorable when they're mean.
You do have a point. A lot of today's teenager's favorite things are just stupid in my opinion. I almost feel like an adult who for some reason is going to high school.

1. A lot of their music. Not all of it, but most.
2. These days, practically any popular game not made by Nintendo is a shooter and you can win by simply running around and killing. No brains required.

Caboose said:
Dr. Javelin said:
Caboose said:

Tell that to Osama.
He was still commanding Al Queda. Now keep politics out of threads that aren't about them.

Back