Mario's Mansion

Baby Simones said:
Baby Luigi said:
I would like to see *insert Mario character's name here* Mansion before I see a Mario's Mansion, thank you very much.
You wanna play :tumble: 's mansion before Mario's? Idk about that :-\
YES

Toad's Mansion would be crazy dumb! Toad shouldnt get any games honestly...

Peach's Mansion
Yoshi's Mansion
Daisy's Mansion
Wario's Mansion
Waluigi's Mansion
Bowser's Mansion
and even Donkey Kong's Mansion

Anyone could have a game based on a Mansion.

That really hurts (though I respect your own opinion). I agree that Toad's Mansion wouldn't be the greatest idea; however, Toad should get his own games sooner or later.

Propeller Toad said:

That really hurts (though I respect your own opinion). I agree that Toad's Mansion wouldn't be the greatest idea; however, Toad should get his own games sooner or later.
Per, Lubba should also have his own game.

WagNak said:

I'm not gonna lie, I doubt that would sell well.

And why does everyone need a mansion? If they created games for side characters, Nintendo would atleast be creative and think something else up instead of everyone going into a haunted mansion.

How about a game called Waluigi Pinball.

Nah, Wario Colosseum was better.

I'd like to see Rainbow Road too, but Toads Factory sounds fine too.

You know, the only reason I said *insert Mario character here*'s Mansion is that I would like to imagine their expression the same as Luigi in the boxart of the first Luigi's Mansion. You know, how two arms hold a decapitated screaming Luigi head, yeah.

Isn't Wario's Woods technically a Toad game?

^I'm pretty sure it would be. Toad did have the starring role in this game while Wario was the titular character (kinda similar to the Zelda series where Link is the main protagonist, but Zelda is the titular character).

*imagines Toad with that Luigi pose*

That would be hilarious

'3K said:
Canonicaly, Yoshi appeared before Toad, so.....
...? What are you talking about? Also, Aren't Toad and Yoshi partners in some game? So, it's not like their competing with each other lol

I do think Toad deserves a game, but what could it be about? See what I mean? Toad can easily fit as one of the main playable characters of a game, but I don't know what can happen through a game all about Toad; and this is coming from a Toad fan.

Peachy said:
'3K said:
...? What are you talking about? Also, Aren't Toad and Yoshi partners in some game? So, it's not like their competing with each other lol

I do think Toad deserves a game, but what could it be about? See what I mean? Toad can easily fit as one of the main playable characters of a game, but I don't know what can happen through a game all about Toad; and this is coming from a Toad fan.
Toad has already got his own game remember Wario's Woods.

Peachy said:
'3K said:

Yoshi comes before Toad canonically, meaning Yoshi appeared in the story before Toad did. Yoshis did appear in games with Toad in them, but Yoshi existed earlier (was born, came before) in the story of the Mushroom Kingdom.

Toad should still get his own game, along with Bowser and any person that originated from the Super Mario Bros. time

Baby Luigi said:
Toad should still get his own game, along with Bowser and any person that originated from the Super Mario Bros. time

Honestly, I don't feel Toad deserves his own game. Other than Super Mario Bros. 2, I don't think he's done enough to earn one.

Honestly, I don't feel Toad deserves his own game. Other than Super Mario Bros. 2, I don't think he's done enough to earn one.

Toad has done a lot towards the series; yet, characters such as Yoshi and Peach have received their own starring roles despite the fact that they share similar supporting roles as him. Wario's Woods was a good start; however, it really never gave Toad any notability because the game was still centered around Wario and not that much around Toad. He should at least get a game that is unique and stays true to his character. Perhaps a game involving plot lines within the deep side of the Mushroom Kingdom? Perhaps Toadette and other Toads can be in it. Personally, I think it would be interesting to see a game centered around Bowser's wrath if Mario was not present in the Mushroom Kingdom (perhaps before his arrival considering that he once did not live in the Mushroom Kingdom?). Again, Toad is a very unique character.

Propeller Toad said:
Toad has done a lot towards the series; yet, characters such as Yoshi and Peach have received their own starring roles despite the fact that they share similar supporting roles as him. Wario's Woods was a good start; however, it really never gave Toad any notability because the game was still centered around Wario and not that much around Toad. He should at least get a game that is unique and stays true to his character. Perhaps a game involving plot lines within the deep side of the Mushroom Kingdom? Perhaps Toadette and other Toads can be in it. Personally, I think it would be interesting to see a game centered around Bowser's wrath if Mario was not present in the Mushroom Kingdom (perhaps before his arrival considering that he once did not live in the Mushroom Kingdom?). Again, Toad is a very unique character.

What has Toad done that was so significant? Yoshi's supporting roles were important in that they helped him get through levels. I think Toad was only useful in the RPGs (though he did give you a few stars in Super Mario 64), and even then he wasn't doing much. Peach didn't really need her own game though.

For some reason, I see Toad in some kind of Final Fantasy Tactics game. I don't know why.

What has Toad done that was so significant? Yoshi's supporting roles were important in that they helped him get through levels. I think Toad was only useful in the RPGs (though he did give you a few stars in Super Mario 64), and even then he wasn't doing much. Peach didn't really need her own game though.

While it is true that Toad's roles in some of the games are extremely unimportant in some games; he still played major roles in others (much like Yoshi). In the Super Mario Bros. series, Toads have been playable in two games (SMB2 and NSMB Wii). This makes Toad the most commonly playable character after Mario and Luigi in the Super Mario Bros. series as Peach was playable in only one (SMB 2), Yoshi was only truly playable in one (SM 64 DS), and even Wario was only playable in SM64 DS. If we count NSMB Mii as a game, that makes Toad playable in three mainstream games.

Additionally, in games such as SMB 3 and NSMB Wii, Toads played major supporting roles by providing power ups and extra lives in the Toad Houses. Without the Toads, we wouldn't be able to supply ourselves without the essential power ups in order to survive in the game (not to mention the extra lives that we would need). Toad is also one of the more major recurring characters within the series. In the Super Mario Galaxy games, Toad played the role as a comedic character throughout the two games. He did provide a few stars for Mario, however. Toad has also been featured as a major character in the Mario spin-off titles (almost playable in all of them). In Mario Sports Mix, Toad was the only newcomer (from the cast of Mario Hoops). He also had his own lead role (Wario's Woods). Additionally, we might even be getting a Green Toad as a partner in the new Paper Mario game.

There's also more to Toad's importance within the series; however, I think these points are among some of his strongest impacts towards the series.
In short, Toad has been playable more commonly than many of the characters in the series, provided support through Toad Houses, and as a result he is one of the very few characters to actually try to help Mario on his journey since the very beginning of the series.

Propeller Toad said:
While it is true that Toad's roles in some of the games are extremely unimportant in some games; he still played major roles in others (much like Yoshi). In the Super Mario Bros. series, Toads have been playable in two games (SMB2 and NSMB Wii). This makes Toad the most commonly playable character after Mario and Luigi in the Super Mario Bros. series as Peach was playable in only one (SMB 2), Yoshi was only truly playable in one (SM 64 DS), and even Wario was only playable in SM64 DS. If we count NSMB Mii as a game, that makes Toad playable in three mainstream games.

Additionally, in games such as SMB 3 and NSMB Wii, Toads played major supporting roles by providing power ups and extra lives in the Toad Houses. Without the Toads, we wouldn't be able to supply ourselves without the essential power ups in order to survive in the game (not to mention the extra lives that we would need). Toad is also one of the more major recurring characters within the series. In the Super Mario Galaxy games, Toad played the role as a comedic character throughout the two games. He did provide a few stars for Mario, however. Toad has also been featured as a major character in the Mario spin-off titles (almost playable in all of them). In Mario Sports Mix, Toad was the only newcomer (from the cast of Mario Hoops). He also had his own lead role (Wario's Woods). Additionally, we might even be getting a Green Toad as a partner in the new Paper Mario game.

There's also more to Toad's importance within the series; however, I think these points are among some of his strongest impacts towards the series.
In short, Toad has been playable more commonly than many of the characters in the series, provided support through Toad Houses, and as a result he is one of the very few characters to actually try to help Mario on his journey since the very beginning of the series.

You're only considering games where the character is not being ridden, and even then you only talk about the Super Mario Bros. series. Games where Yoshi can be ridden count as games that Yoshi is playable because the character riding Yoshi does virtually nothing when on him. By this, Yoshi has actually been playable in many more of the mainstream games than Toad or his species has (Wario was actually playable in Super Mario Land 3, making him just as playable as Toad's species). Also, Toad only gives out items that can be found anywhere else (other than the Anchor and the Warp Whistle, which are optional), making him more of a convenience rather than a necessity in games like Super Mario Bros. 3.

I will not deny Toad's importance in the spin-off games, however. He's hosted a couple of the Mario Party games and has probably appeared in every spin-off Mario has. He also is the first supporting character in the series. But I consider mainstream Mario games before spin-offs, so I think of Yoshi as a more important character. If you consider spin-off games to be just as important as mainstream ones, then Toad can be considered important enough to have a game.

Toad and Yoshi's Mansion anyone?

Back