Mario's Mansion

You're only considering games where the character is not being ridden, and even then you only talk about the Super Mario Bros. series. Games where Yoshi can be ridden count as games that Yoshi is playable because the character riding Yoshi does virtually nothing when on him. By this, Yoshi has actually been playable in many more of the mainstream games than Toad or his species has (Wario was actually playable in Super Mario Land 3, making him just as playable as Toad's species). Also, Toad only gives out items that can be found anywhere else (other than the Anchor and the Warp Whistle, which are optional), making him more of a convenience rather than a necessity in games like Super Mario Bros. 3.

I will not deny Toad's importance in the spin-off games, however. He's hosted a couple of the Mario Party games and has probably appeared in every spin-off Mario has. He also is the first supporting character in the series. But I consider mainstream Mario games before spin-offs, so I think of Yoshi as a more important character. If you consider spin-off games to be just as important as mainstream ones, then Toad can be considered important enough to have a game.

I will not disagree with your point about Yoshi being more important than Toad in the main series. However, it just bugs me when people say that Toad is not important overall to the series. He is pretty important as a character. While his importance in the main series seems to be like a teeter totter (ups and downs in importance), you do have a point about his importance to the spin-offs. Regardless, Toad is still an important character who should at least get one new game.

I don't like being the guy who mentions this, but shouldn't we get back on topic?

^Yes, you are right. We have strayed from the topic for too long. Personally, I still stand my point that Luigi should really only get a mansion game. It was unique for the character and made him really stand out. Characters like Peach who got their starring roles never stood out as her game was much too similar to the typical Mario and Yoshi platforming games. If Mario got another game series entitled "Mario's Mansion", it would really do no justice to the uniqueness of the "Luigi's Mansion" installments.

Let Luigi have his own time to shine. ;)

One of the main reasons I liked Luigi's Mansion because it is unique. It would kill the series to have Mario's Mansion. Really. And I really hate Mario with a passion

One of the main reasons I liked Luigi's Mansion because it is unique. It would kill the series to have Mario's Mansion. Really.
Yes, Luigi's Mansion by itself is a very unique. It's great that Nintendo had taken the decision to continue a series for Luigi's main starring role. I like the fact that it is Luigi (who is always under Mario's "shadow") who ends up taking the initiative of rescuing him.

Propeller Toad said:
One of the main reasons I liked Luigi's Mansion because it is unique. It would kill the series to have Mario's Mansion. Really.
Yes, Luigi's Mansion by itself is a very unique. It's great that Nintendo had taken the decision to continue a series for Luigi's main starring role. I like the fact that it is Luigi (who is always under Mario's "shadow") who ends up taking the initiative of rescuing him.

Not only that, but the gameplay is unique too

How did this topic get over 130 Replies. Anyway I want a game called Bowser's Castle.

New Super Yoshi said:
How idd this topic get over 130 Replies.

Off topic posting about Toad's roles, I guess

Back