Gamecube Games

Whittle said:
yoshidude99 said:
New Super Yoshi said:
Villain11 said:
The Thousand Year Door is the best game I've ever played. I started playing after school got out and beat the Shadow Queen yesterday actually. The partners are awesome and so are the bosses. It's just amazing.
I want to play that game.

You haven't played it?
Gosh, don't be so mean. Some people don't have gamecubes. (like me)

Crackin355 said:
Maio Party 6 is a fun game, but theres sooooo much to unlock.
Seriously? Looking at the wiki, I couldn't tell much, accept Toadette, and some boards.
I don't have a gamecube nor do I have any games for it. I wish I did have some games.

NSM: He's right, there's lot of stuff to unlock. You know the Star Bank? You need, like over 500 stars to unlock everything in the bank. And that will take AWHILE.

Well, I got everything in the Star Bank quickly because I constantly played that one special mode (I don't remember what it was called, but it was the one that you played after choosing the boat thingy on the mode select screen). I remember getting a lot of stars from that.

I go to Snowflake Lake, 2 Hards VS 2 Easys, leave it until they finish. Ta-Dah, I just got 20+ Stars.

What I did is, playing every single Minigame once (without any exceptions), and I've got a lot of Stars afterwards.

Faire Square, 50 turns. By the end of the game I usually have about 100 stars.

Wow, I could learn a lot about patience from you guys.

By the way, I played Mario Party 4 this afternoon with one cpu for each difficulty level (easy, normal, and hard) and much to my surprise, I won! With 2 Bonus Stars might I add.

If you want a game that takes a long time to unlock everything with, get the first Mario Party. Not only do you have to buy a ton of unlockable items with the coins you earn (and not any of the coins the CPUs earn), but you also have to buy minigames with them. Seriously, I have to play though a full game about three or four times to buy one minigame (unless I turn all the CPUs to human players on the last turn and get all their coins, which I usually forget to do). You also have to use your coins to buy some unlockable boards.

If you want an extremely hard and addicting game, get Mario Golf on Gamecube. It's really hard, unless you cheat by saving after every hole and keep restarting the game until you get a birdie.

Herr Shyguy said:
Faire Square, 50 turns. By the end of the game I usually have about 100 stars.

And that's why Faire Square is the best board.

(You can also lay traps all over the area near star space, but that's another story.)

Double Dash!! and Sunshine are both awesome games. If you want a game for adventure, go with sunshine, but if you want competition go with double dash!!

Lubba said:
I just got Sunshine. So far, it seems better than the Galaxy series.

I am happy to hear that

Aqua Soul said:
New avatar, BLOF?

NSM, I highly recommend Paper Mario TTYD. Or at least watch a walkthrough/LP on YouTube.

Yeah, new avatar

I heard Paper Mario Thousand Year Door was excellent too, but I never played it, so I won't give my opinion on it.

Lubba said:
I want to get PM2 really bad, but it's not at a gamestore that's close, so I have to wait for a while.
You're probably best off getting it off the internet. It took me two years to find a certain game I wanted in the store.

yoshidude99 said:
Lubba said:
I want to get PM2 really bad, but it's not at a gamestore that's close, so I have to wait for a while.

I got Melee today!

Do you like it?
Yeah. It's fun.

Mariorules25 said:
I Highly recommend sonic adventure 2 battle if you like sonic or double dash or superstar baseball
I already have DD, but is Superstar baseball worth getting if you already have Sluggers?

Lubba said:
Mariorules25 said:
I Highly recommend sonic adventure 2 battle if you like sonic or double dash or superstar baseball
I already have DD, but is Superstar baseball worth getting if you already have Sluggers?

IMO, I wouldn't recommend Superstar Baseball. Specifically because of Challenge Mode. If you want to unlock all the secret characters, you have to do it multiple times and in Challenge Mode, you have to recruit characters on your team (except for the captain you chose and the characters already on their team) which can be a real pain to accomplish.

Other people might disagree with me though.

Yeah, Challenge mode in that game sorta stinks. And starring them is even worse.

Aqua Soul said:
Lubba said:
Mariorules25 said:

IMO, I wouldn't recommend Superstar Baseball. Specifically because of Challenge Mode. If you want to unlock all the secret characters, you have to do it multiple times and in Challenge Mode, you have to recruit characters on your team (except for the captain you chose and the characters already on their team) which can be a real pain to accomplish.

Other people might disagree with me though.

I've never played Sluggers, but I don't like the whole "waggle your controller" aspect of it so I'm assuming I'd prefer Superstar Baseball. Unless there's an option to take out the motion controls.

Back