Fair Roster for futuRe Mario spinoffs? ☆Table update to Island Tour

Re: Fair Roster for futue Mario spinoffs?

Doofenshmirtz Evil said:
First off: WHY exactly do we need another Human character? As I keep saying, don't PUSH a new character; if an idea comes along, take it, but don't PUSH it.

Third, Subseries are just that, SERIES. Just because they CAN interact with other characters doesnt mean they SHOULD. I keep saying this, but DK characters should NOT involve themselves in the Mario spin-offs, unless some kind of connection is made in a main-series game.

I am using popularity to determine popularity. As in fans. Have you even noticed how many Yoshi fans are on this forum? If you cut him/it from the roster, quite a few of them will FLIP.
it has no much meaning about Elise, I just made a counterpart of Peach and not pushing
if really judging human from Sonic, Chris and his friends are more controversial when Elise is anly in one game, so no discussion here

I mentioned reversly thinking, the subseries don't "own" spinoffs if they are not with Mario
unless the staff want to "segment" by having DK's new racing games
also Mario main characters themselves also almost never appear in new Mario main games, it makes same as subseries characters (though neither of these are correct)
the majority is still for main characters, I think no rejection for subseries, if they are meant to be part of Mario as the staff think.

about the order I made in the first column, owing to too many main characters
if only the main heros (Mario bros and princess, boss Browser) be recurring
it may work out when ten playable with half taking turns, so I'm not ignoring others like Yoshi

Nabber said:
I don't know about Rosalina... she was alright. While the backstory was nice, I didn't really like her as a host. She didn't do too much, and she did even less in SMG2. You beat it, and she's like, "I'd like to give my thanks."
about Rosalina's appearance recently in Kart, my worries are she's a very new comer in Mario history
in Sonic's example for Olympics, Silver and Blaze are actually very new in Sonic history, while old recurring characters like Cream, Rouge didn't even engage
I wonder and worry whether Rosalina could be another Silver in Mario

Baby Luigi said:
They should have added Diddy in the London Olympics -_-
about Diddy Kong's partnership of DK, he's a problem for gender ration, which makes Olympics very terrible
unless he's with Dixie sisters coming......

Dr. Eggman said:
Here is mine.
Must have:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Yoshi
Bowser......
my opinion in the first page is for that some characters are counterparts such as Daisy with Peach/Luigi and Birdo with Yoshi
it's wierd if some duo teams didn't show together or similar appearances

Smashgoom202 said:
No, no, no! No Candy Kong (at least not before Diddy, Dixie, and perhaps Funky) I could think of a huge surplus of characters I'd like to see. Like the Koopalings! Although, that's too many, and Sonic doesn't have NEARLY enough friends (or foes) to even it out.
tentacleTherapist said:
True, there are about 100000 characters who would get in before candy.
Candy's problem as mentioned, her appearances didn't relate to the importance of close friendships
she's in the to-be-solved list of spinoffs or main game indeed

tentacleTherapist said:
I mean, sega, yes you have been in charge and made 3 somewhat reasanable games, but this series will just become poop if you don't drop the entire idea or hand it over to nintendo.

Not possible. The whole reason for SEGA even proposing the concept of Mario and Sonic was because they managed to acquire the licencing for the Olympic tie-in (hence why they also have the official Olympics video games as well as the Mario and Sonic series). If Nintendo wanted to make it, they'd have to get the licencing rights off the IOC as well.

Besides, I don't see what's wrong with the roster. Considering that each character is programmed for several events with a lot of unique assets, sixteen was a fairly large number in the original, all of Mario's side being the quintessential spin-off juggernauts as well (anomalous series like Mario Party notwithstanding). The sequel managed to increase that, and add two less quintessential but very popular characters (Donkey Kong and Bowser Jr). There likely won't be an increase in roster until the game series moves to the Wii U and it's higher technical specs. Sure, there's plenty of characters I'd like to see myself that aren't playable, but I'm willing to wait it out.

If they are going to put candy in a spinnoff they need to introduce her in a mario game.

Candy really isn't the greatest pick of a character. Cranky Kong would work better though.

MnSG said:
Candy really isn't the greatest pick of a character. Cranky Kong would work better though.
Yeah he would be really funny and will break the fourth wall while your raceing.

Dr. Eggman said:
MnSG said:
Yeah he would be really funny and will break the fourth wall while your raceing.

What about in Baseball as well?! He may be old, but Cranky doesn't let his old age slow him down.

MnSG said:
Dr. Eggman said:
MnSG said:

What about in Baseball as well?! He may be old, but Cranky doesn't let his old age slow him down.
I think he's too old for that kind of thing... Then again, I remember saying I wanted to see Professor E. Gadd playable, and Toadsworth's playable, too... Then again, Cranky has to use a walking stick, and he complains about his age far more than the other two.

Smashgoom202 said:
I think he's too old for that kind of thing... Then again, I remember saying I wanted to see Professor E. Gadd playable, and Toadsworth's playable, too... Then again, Cranky has to use a walking stick, and he complains about his age far more than the other two.

That didn't stop him from competing in races though.

Oh yeah, Barrel Blast... Yeah, that was pretty awkward to me.

kat-rin koopa said:
Mario and Sonic was because they managed to acquire the licencing for the Olympic tie-in

I don't see what's wrong with the roster. Considering that each character is programmed for several events with a lot of unique assets, sixteen was a fairly large number in the original, all of Mario's side being the quintessential spin-off juggernauts as well.
though it makes both sides can't make a double roster, but cooperation is also a hit topic of conversation

did you mean Olympics in the first column? it was just a clear example
what you said can be okay if only there are just ten heros in each original series

actually there are classes among main characters (ex' Mario bros and princesses, Sonic team are the main heros)
if the rest are all secondary, it means favoring part of them is showing unfairness
we don't have to talk about increase roster (though I think it's pity no hidden elements)
but rotation is a more powerful way to solve it

Smashgoom202 said:
I think it's not bad idea for elders' engagement, though the topic is to balance the others
though mostly their status are secondary to other younger heros (like DD > Cranky)
so they can only be in large rosters (ball games) for now
by the way, in main characters there is only Wrinkly Kong a female elder?

E. Gadd is better than just having Baby Daisy for MKW.

Dorayaki said:
I think it's not bad idea for elders' engagement, though the topic is to balance the others
though mostly their status are secondary to other younger heros (like DD > Cranky)
so they can only be in large rosters (ball games) for now
by the way, in main characters there is only Wrinkly Kong a female elder?
She WAS a female elder... before she died and became a ghost... And she was actually playable in DK: King of Swing and DK: Jungle Climber! Isn't THAT weird?!

It would be interesting if old people compete in rigorous games.

I enjoyed beating up Toadsworth in the baseball games

Wrinkly Kong being playable is weird.

Baby Luigi said:
I enjoyed beating up Toadsworth in the baseball games

Imagine if Cranky Kong ever played baseball. Maybe then he won't just be all talk.

Cranky Kong can use his cane as a bat :D

Baby Luigi said:
Cranky Kong can use his cane as a bat :D

Yeah, but he would be a rather sluggish runner, and his old age would also mean that he wouldn't be a heavy hitter. But on the defense, he could be a good fielder and pitcher; similar to Toadsworth.

He could also use excellent ball control when he hits the ball, like Boo

I think Cranky kong in Mario Kart would be crazy.

Smashgoom202 said:
She WAS a female elder... before she died and became a ghost... And she was actually playable in DK: King of Swing and DK: Jungle Climber! Isn't THAT weird?!
interesting to see a ghost character, actually
also it would relate to gender balance topic again if no ther female elders

New Super Yoshi said:
E. Gadd is better than just having Baby Daisy for MKW.
well... it's doubtful since other three babies are there, or if she had been in Yoshi stories......
also the staff haven't recognized him as a main cast, and the duplication of Crygor

I think baby daisy does not deserve to appear again until she appears in a RPG/Yoshi island game.

Link said:
I think baby daisy does not deserve to appear again until she appears in a RPG/Yoshi island game.
Per.

Link said:
though I hope to see Baby Daisy's stage
but one is that if it's not the same problem for Mario's "mysterious" past , Daisy possibly gets known with Peach when she's already an adult
also before her, we can count how many main characters haven't been in Mario main games....

Back