Fair Roster for futuRe Mario spinoffs? ☆Table update to Island Tour

Re: Fair Roster for futue Mario spinoffs?

Dorayaki said:
New Super Yoshi said:
Birdo I think will be a playable character, I saw some artwork of him.
It's not ensured for now since officia mainlt said "no new player" this time
problem is that female players are insufficient, and it's unreasonable Yoshi isn't paired with Birdo on stage
also I think since there are many players in Olympics, maybe two or more secret players are nice
I think that birdo's artwork was done by someone who took Peach's London artwork and birdo's MP8 artwork to try and get people to think that she is in the game.

King Bill said:
I think that birdo's artwork was done by someone who took Peach's London artwork and birdo's MP8 artwork to try and get people to think that she is in the game.
for most times there are many rivals in story mode last time
so there is still possibly nonplayable athletes

oh god, so many errors, so little time...

First off, WHY are you adding Elise and Candy Kong to the Olympic Games roster? Candy isn't a Mario character, and Elise just sucks. I also notice you forgot Metal Sonic, Bowsie (My nickname for Bowser, Jr.), and Silver (who i'm actually not missing). And Cream is already a judge, by the way. That means I only agree with two of your additons.

Second, Birdo is very recurring. More so than Toadette.

Third, your "taking turns" roster. Candy is, again, NOT a mario character, so don't even include her. Also having Yoshi as a switching character is unfair to his popularity, and every other spinoff game would not sell well. Same for Wario, and to a lesser extent, Waluigi. Also, your no-species rule means that lakitu and dry bones are out of a job. Looks like it's back to being a recurring platforming enemy with limited commercial distribution.

In conclusion, I agree that more female characters need to be showcased. But, as they say in memedom,
wrong10.jpg

What if a third Mario Baseball title came to play. Imagine the roster that would be applied...

Team Captains
Mario
Luigi
Daisy
Yoshi
Diddy Kong
Bowser Jr.
Peach
Waluigi
Rosalina
Birdo
Wario
Donkey Kong
Bowser
King K. Rool

Team Players
Red Toad
Blue Toad
Green Toad
Yellow Toad
Purple Toad
Yellow Luma
Red Luma
Blue Luma
Green Luma
Green Koopa Troopa
Red Koopa Troopa
Blue Koopa Troopa
Yellow Koopa Troopa
Red Shy Guy
Blue Shy Guy
Green Shy Guy
Yellow Shy Guy
Black Shy Guy
Goomba
Blooper
Wiggler
Coach
Baby Daisy
Baby Wario
Iggy Koopa
Tiny Kong
Kalypso
Red Yoshi
Blue Yoshi
Yellow Yoshi
Pink Yoshi
Light Blue Yoshi
Dry Bones
Dark Bones
Blue Dry Bones
Green Dry Bones
Blue Noki
Red Noki
Green Noki
Yellow Noki
Penguin
Flutter
Baby Mario
Baby Luigi
Baby Bowser
Toadette
Lemmy Koopa
Dixie Kong
Kip
Kass
Red Koopa Paratroopa
Green Koopa Paratroopa
Blue Koopa Paratroopa
Yellow Koopa Paratroopa
Blue Magikoopa
Red Magikoopa
Green Magikoopa
Yellow Magikoopa
Black Magikoopa
Paragoomba
Boo
Toadsworth
Polari
Baby Peach
Baby DK
Larry Koopa
Wendy O. Koopa
Cranky Kong
Lanky Kong
Kopter
Red Birdo
Green Birdo
Blue Birdo
Purple Birdo
Yellow Birdo
Hammer Bro
Fire Bro
Boomerang Bro
Ice Bro
Blue Pianta
Red Pianta
Yellow Pianta
Green Pianta
Green Kritter
Red Kritter
Blue Kritter
Brown Kritter
Monty Mole
King Boo
Dry Bowser
Petey Piranha
Morton Koopa Jr.
Roy Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Funky Kong
Kludge

Slight bump.

Toad85 said:
Candy isn't a Mario character,

Candy is, again, NOT a mario character, so don't even include her.
So...Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong should be removed from every spin-off because they aren't strictly "Mario" characters? Also, Tiny Kong and Dixie Kong, two fairly minor characters in Donkey Kong, appeared in Mario Super Sluggers. What's to say that they won't add Candy kong?

Dr. Javelin said:
Slight bump.

Toad85 said:

So...Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong should be removed from every spin-off because they aren't strictly "Mario" characters? Also, Tiny Kong and Dixie Kong, two fairly minor characters in Donkey Kong, appeared in Mario Super Sluggers. What's to say that they won't add Candy kong?
Well technically Mario is a Donkey Kong character since Donkey Kong gets top billing in the game Donkey Kong that technically makes Mario a spin off of the Donkey Kong series

I don't even think Donkey Kong is part of any series...it's like a stand-alone game. I think the Mario series either got started with Mario Bros. or the Super version of it and the Donkey Kong series started at Donkey Kong Country.

Dr. Javelin said:
Slight bump.

Toad85 said:

I actually agree with you Diddy Kong. Donkey Kong, however, has appeared in a Mario main-series game that shares his name. And just becaus they are in Mario spin-offs does not mean they should

If we're talking about baseball, there's no reason why the Donkey Kong family members can't join in the fun. Even K. Rool gets a chance to play alongside Mario and the others.

Toad85 said:
I actually agree with you Diddy Kong. Donkey Kong, however, has appeared in a Mario main-series game that shares his name. And just becaus they are in Mario spin-offs does not mean they should
You are questioning Nintendo's logic? There is no reason that they shouldn't include Candy Kong, they obviously are willing. Nintendo does not share in your belief that Donkey Kong and Mario should be segregated.

I think that maybe Candy is a little....obscure? Nobody ever mentions her. I don't really think that we need that many female characters in mario. Well, this does come from a person who nearly always plays as Yoshi in spin-offs. I can name a few female characters of the top of my head:
Princess Peach
Princess Daisy
Toadette
Birdo (I like to believe this, okay, those of you who constantly insist that she's a boy)
Rosalina
Red Paratroopa (I think)
Oh yes, and I'm a girl. I don't think my opinion is going across the right way, sorry.

Females that should be in mario spin-offs:
Peach
Daisy
Birdo
Rosalina
Baby Peach
Toadette

Koopa Paratroopa is not a girl.

User 101 said:
Koopa Paratroopa is not a girl.

Well, not exactly. I view species as ambiguous; possibly male, possibly female. Koopa Paratroopas can be female (duh), but it's up to the discretion of the player to decide if the Paratroopa is male of female.

WakerLuma said:
Red Paratroopa (I think)

I don't really think that we need that many female characters in mario.
Oh yes, and I'm a girl. I don't think my opinion is going across the right way, sorry.

I think that maybe Candy is a little....obscure? Nobody ever mentions her.
I had mentioned that please talk about species as playble "character" at first
no repeat here, or you can recommend Koopie from Paper Mario 2

this topic is about fair roster, so please refer to gender topic to discuss
and actually some characters don't share same appearances with others

Candy's problem is her statue as a "close friend" of DK characters, though she never appeared in spinoffs
the staff have to make it fixed in rosters, just like Daisy's case

Toad85 said:
First off, WHY are you adding Elise and Candy Kong to the Olympic Games roster? Candy isn't a Mario character, and Elise just sucks. I also notice you forgot Metal Sonic, Bowsie (My nickname for Bowser, Jr.), and Silver (who i'm actually not missing). And Cream is already a judge, by the way. That means I only agree with two of your additons.

Third, your "taking turns" roster. Candy is, again, NOT a mario character, so don't even include her. Also having Yoshi as a switching character is unfair to his popularity, and every other spinoff game would not sell well. Same for Wario, and to a lesser extent, Waluigi. Also, your no-species rule means that lakitu and dry bones are out of a job. Looks like it's back to being a recurring platforming enemy with limited commercial distribution.
first off: well, Elise is a random, but it's not easy to choose another major Sonic girl
I personally think they need a human girl to balance with Mario members (Helen?)
second is only from the actual appearances, no repeat here, and abvious as Olympic series

third, if it's about "other series", actually theses are defined as "subseries" where characters may share relations with Mario members
impossible for too much spaces in rosters, but they can engage for sure
also reversly thinking, the subseries don't have their "own" spinoffs inf not together with Mario

another element of "unfair to popularity" is possibily a problem, if appearances detemine popularity
in reality same appearances helps verifying relationships, like Candy's case
about species, I'd love to safeguard other often-absent characters
and some representives characters of species form Paper Mario if they can afford this

Dorayaki said:
[
Toad85 said:

first off: well, Elise is a random, but it's not easy to choose another major Sonic girl
I personally think they need a human girl to balance with Mario members (Helen?)
second is only from the actual appearances, no repeat here, and abvious as Olympic series

third, if it's about "other series", actually theses are defined as "subseries" where characters may share relations with Mario members
impossible for too much spaces in rosters, but they can engage for sure
also reversly thinking, the subseries don't have their "own" spinoffs inf not together with Mario

another element of "unfair to popularity" is possibily a problem, if appearances detemine popularity
in reality same appearances helps verifying relationships, like Candy's case
about species, I'd love to safeguard other often-absent characters
and some representives characters of species form Paper Mario if they can afford this

First off: WHY exactly do we need another Human character? As I keep saying, don't PUSH a new character; if an idea comes along, take it, but don't PUSH it.

Second, I don't know what you meant by "is only from the actual appearances, no repeat here, and abvious as Olympic series"

Third, Subseries are just that, SERIES. Just because they CAN interact with other characters doesnt mean they SHOULD. I keep saying this, but DK characters should NOT involve themselves in the Mario spin-offs, unless some kind of connection is made in a main-series game.

Fourth, I am not using appearances to determine popularity. I am using popularity to determine popularity. As in fans. Have you even noticed how many Yoshi fans are on this forum? If you cut him/it from the roster, quite a few of them will FLIP. And, once again, for like the SIXTH time, CANDY IS NOT A MARIO CHARACTER. SHE HAS NOT APPEARED IN A MARIO GAME, AND UNLESS SHE DOES (IN A MAIN SERIES OR RPG GAME, SPIN-OFFS DON'T COUNT) , SHE IS ONLY A DK CHARACTER. THAT'S IT. END OF STORY.

Doofenshmirtz Evil said:
SHE HAS NOT APPEARED IN A MARIO GAME, AND UNLESS SHE DOES (IN A MAIN SERIES OR RPG GAME, SPIN-OFFS DON'T COUNT) , SHE IS ONLY A DK CHARACTER. THAT'S IT. END OF STORY.

Rage much? That is your opinion, and we aren't (well, I'm not) going to argue with it. But don't try to impose that on us. There are plenty of people here that disagree with this statement. You're just going to have to deal with it.

Yeah but then Funky Kong, Tiny Kong and King K Rool all got sent into a Mario Game just because Diddy ended up in Mario Kart Double Dash.

Dr. Eggman said:
SMG2_PurpleLuma.png

This Guy is awesome and should be in Mario Party 9 and Mario Kart 3DS.

Lubba is EPIC!!!

Oh dear God, not him. It's like they took the concept of Rosalina, then made him a fat, annoyingly talkative Luma with terrible jokes and no backstory to speak of. Granted, Rosalina has way too big and annoying of a fanbase, but at least she's somewhat interesting.

Snowstalker said:
Oh dear God, not him. It's like they took the concept of Rosalina, then made him a fat, annoyingly talkative Luma with terrible jokes and no backstory to speak of. Granted, Rosalina has way too big and annoying of a fanbase, but at least she's somewhat interesting.
Yays, Ex Crazy-Rabbid Rosalina Fangirl and current Rosalina fangirl at your service.

I don't know about Rosalina... she was alright. While the backstory was nice, I didn't really like her as a host. She didn't do too much, and she did even less in SMG2. You beat it, and she's like, "I'd like to give my thanks." At least the other people brought tips, power-ups and 1-ups! She just sits there.

She is the only one who could help, if she was lazy, Bowser would have destroyed the universe.

I like Rosalina and I like Lubba :/

Back