Super Mario Sunshine... who could forget the nostalgia??

BabyLuigiOnFire said:
Piantas sound stupid and they show you underneath their grass skirt more than what you want. If you played the Mario Baseball games, you see what I mean.

Okay, they need more clothes...I guess...

I'm pretty sure there's not much under there than skin anyways.

Nightwatcher said:
And they falsley sentenced Mario to community service for something Shadow Mario/Bowser Jr. did without giving Peach a chance to rebutt.

The judicial system probably just got pressured by the leaders of Isle Delfino to solve the problem as quickly as possible. Besides, there was tons of evidence against Mario (At the time, I don't think they had a very good view of Shadow Mario other than the silhouette, which looks unmistakably similar to Mario's, not to mention the red M's all over the place, Mario's hat having a M and his apparel being red, and the Pinatas unfamiliarity with the plumber. If I didn't know who Mario was, my town was being polluted with red M's, and some guy showed up with a red M on his hat with a picture looking just like him as evidence, I'd suspect him too), and their judicial system may not work like ours does. Admittedly, their system is flawed if that's the problem.

Okay, I see what you mean, but still Shadow Mario is shown running around Delfino Plaza being chased by Mario 4 times (kidnapping Peach, the rocket and turbo nozzels and Yoshi's egg) as well as being chased by Mario once in each level, at least one person had to have seen both Mario and shadow Mario at the same time and realize Mario wasn't responsible. In fact, I believe that Sirena Beach's hotel manager mentions that Shadow Mario was "a trouble maker who looked like Mario".

Also, the Pianta police said that they will be watching Mario, but they actually aren't

Nightwatcher said:
Okay, I see what you mean, but still Shadow Mario is shown running around Delfino Plaza being chased by Mario 4 times (kidnapping Peach, the rocket and turbo nozzels and Yoshi's egg) as well as being chased by Mario once in each level, at least one person had to have seen both Mario and shadow Mario at the same time and realize Mario wasn't responsible. In fact, I believe that Sirena Beach's hotel manager mentions that Shadow Mario was "a trouble maker who looked like Mario".

By that point, Mario was working towards finding Peach, so helping the Pinatas was in his interest. I don't really think the Pinatas were against Mario after the first couple of levels.

Okay, they need more clothes...I guess...

I'm pretty sure there's not much under there than skin anyways.

The judicial system probably just got pressured by the leaders of Isle Delfino to solve the problem as quickly as possible. Besides, there was tons of evidence against Mario (At the time, I don't think they had a very good view of Shadow Mario other than the silhouette, which looks unmistakably similar to Mario's, not to mention the red M's all over the place, Mario's hat having a M and his apparel being red, and the Pinatas unfamiliarity with the plumber. If I didn't know who Mario was, my town was being polluted with red M's, and some guy showed up with a red M on his hat with a picture looking just like him as evidence, I'd suspect him too), and their judicial system may not work like ours does. Admittedly, their system is flawed if that's the problem.

You have a good point with that end paragraph. And Piantas probably just have skin under there. How do they go to the bathroom? That's not our business. xD

BabyLuigiOnFire said:
Also, the Pianta police said that they will be watching Mario, but they actually aren't

When you talk to the Pianta police, they say that they're watching you. I find that funny.

BabyLuigiOnFire said:

Their police system might be really bad. They might only be able to afford two police officers (I don't think we see any other police officers other than the ones seen carrying Mario), so their claim of watching Mario was only a threat, but not a promise, meant to keep him in line. They probably don't have the police force to keep watch over him. The Pinatas seem like a carefree, optimistic people, so they probably didn't think that there was a true need for defense against crime on their island (that's probably the reason why it was so easy for Bowser Jr. to fool the Pinatas; they don't have a crime investigative team, or more than two cops for that matter).

Leonyx said:
BabyLuigiOnFire said:

Their police system might be really bad. They might only be able to afford two police officers (I don't think we see any other police officers other than the ones seen carrying Mario), so their claim of watching Mario was only a threat, but not a promise, meant to keep him in line. They probably don't have the police force to keep watch over him. The Pinatas seem like a carefree, optimistic people, so they probably didn't think that there was a true need for defense against crime on their island (that's probably the reason why it was so easy for Bowser Jr. to fool the Pinatas; they don't have a crime investigative team, or more than two cops for that matter).

First, why do you keep calling them Pinatas? xD Its Pianta. Anyhoo, the police kept saying they were watching him when you tried to talk to them, and they're only really watching you when you're in their sight, which isn't real often.

I for one happen to like the Piantas. Especially because they live in Pianta Village, which is my favorite.

Also, they make awesome noises when you jump on them or spray them with FLUDD.

schmutz said:
I for one happen to like the Piantas. Especially because they live in Pianta Village, which is my favorite.

Also, they make awesome noises when you jump on them or spray them with FLUDD.

That's alright, we have our own opinions ;)

MCSoulja said:
First, why do you keep calling them Pinatas? xD Its Pianta. Anyhoo, the police kept saying they were watching him when you tried to talk to them, and they're only really watching you when you're in their sight, which isn't real often.

Hehe, my bad. Should have looked up the spelling.

Technically...when you talk to them, they are watching you, like they said. But they don't actually watch him throughout the game, true.

*Kills BLOF for saying the accursed word*

^Don't worry, I used to call Piantas "Pinatas" before. It's not my fault they look like one.

Ornithologist Mario said:

^Don't worry, I used to call Piantas "Pinatas" before. It's not my fault they look like one.

Blasphemy! How in the world do they look like a pinata?

Leonyx said:
MCSoulja said:

Hehe, my bad. Should have looked up the spelling.

Technically...when you talk to them, they are watching you, like they said. But they don't actually watch him throughout the game, true.

Yes, exactly.

MCSoulja said:
Ornithologist Mario said:

Blasphemy! How in the world do they look like a pinata?

I think she uses Piantas as pinatas

They sound really funny when they do their sad animation after they hit someone when they're pitching in Mario Superstar Baseball

I probably already said this somewhere, but my favorite is Pianta Village ;D The music makes the village seem like one giant party all the time.

Back