Super Mario Sunshine... who could forget the nostalgia??

Oh yes, I remember that piano as well. It was pretty freaky as you definitely weren't expecting a piano to suddenly start chasing you and having a hunger for plumbers.

The Mad Piano should have been a boss in Luigis Mansion. Or the piano that Melody played suddenly turned into a Mad Piano after you defeat her.
If there was one game out there to reintroduce this piano, it should have been Luigi's Mansion. Imagine just walking into a room and the door locks behind you (like a Zelda game scenario). Then all you see is a piano right at the center flashing its evil grin. :toad:

Propeller Toad said:
Oh yes, I remember that piano as well. It was pretty freaky as you definitely weren't expecting a piano to suddenly start chasing you and having a hunger for plumbers.

If there was one game out there to reintroduce this piano, it should have been Luigi's Mansion. Imagine just walking into a room and the door locks behind you (like a Zelda game scenario). Then all you see is a piano right at the center flashing its evil grin. :toad:

YES. TOTALLY AGREED. But it would be perfect if this happened: After you defeat Melody (the piano playing ghost), the lights come on. As you go to get the treasure, the camera cuts to the piano, which suddenly reveals itself as the mad piano. Then, you fight it.

And yes, that was totally freaky. Nintendo is good with spooky stuff.

MCSoulja said:
Yeah... I hated that mission because you're UNDERWATER, LOSING LIFE POINTS BY THE SECOND. And on top of that, you're trying to clean a damn eel's teeth. Doesn't Mario have better things to do? Cant he just hit him with a shell and the pollution will be gone?

I think you've been watching/playing too much Yu-Gi-Oh! :D

And yeah, I'd like for the Mad Piano to have been a Portrait Ghost.

Propeller Toad said:
Teehee... I played the game as an infant of about 4 or 5, and I don't remember the piano scaring me very much.

Playing musical instruments in real life is easy :-\

Not when you have to memorize two different sets of notes (i.e. Treble Cleft and Bass Cleft).

And holy cow, this thread has really gone off topic. I'd better post something relating to the title. Um, I'm watching chuggaaconroy play Super Mario Sunshine right now.

Nightwatcher said:
Um, I'm watching chuggaaconroy play Super Mario Sunshine right now.
Who?

Also, am I the only one who spotted the secret pipe by the Delfino Plaza Cannon thanks to the cutscene after beating Bowser?

Nightwatcher said:
Not when you have to memorize two different sets of notes (i.e. Treble Cleft and Bass Cleft).

And holy cow, this thread has really gone off topic. I'd better post something relating to the title. Um, I'm watching chuggaaconroy play Super Mario Sunshine right now.

Wait, you play the Piano? I play the Trumpet, so I only play in Treble Clef.

I like seeing the Unagi more than I do not. It brings back memories.

Piantas are plain creepy. I'm happy they're playable, so I can screw around with them.

PieGuy said:
Nightwatcher said:
Um, I'm watching chuggaaconroy play Super Mario Sunshine right now.
Who?

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2mmstQmFyo&feature=fvwrel

BabyLuigiOnFire said:
Nightwatcher said:

Wait, you play the Piano? I play the Trumpet, so I only play in Treble Clef.

I like seeing the Unagi more than I do not. It brings back memories.

Piantas are plain creepy. I'm happy they're playable, so I can screw around with them.

I used to.

And Piantas aren't really creepy, they're just stupid and corrupt. Mistaking Mario for Shadow Mario and the judge Pianta declaring Mario guilty with no jury, no lawyer for Mario and refusing to allow Peach to give a rebuttal. Its just like what happened in Sonic Adventure 2 with Sonci being mistaken for Shadow and getting into trouble. I swear, humans and piantas have almost equivalent IQs.

Nightwatcher said:
I used to.

And Piantas aren't really creepy, they're just stupid and corrupt. Mistaking Mario for Shadow Mario and the judge Pianta declaring Mario guilty with no jury, no lawyer for Mario and refusing to allow Peach to give a rebuttal. Its just like what happened in Sonic Adventure 2 with Sonci being mistaken for Shadow and getting into trouble. I swear, humans and piantas have almost equivalent IQs.

I'd call Piantas creepy when they have a palm tree sprouting out of their brain, have an odd appendage in their face that's supposed to be a nose, have no mouths yet still make noises, and basically WTBL are they supposed to be? Some humanoid blob?

I think Piantas are dumber than humans. Mario is a human himself.

Well, I was comparing them to humans in real life.

Maybe Piantas don't have mouths because they're invisible and besides, other Mario species are capable of performing tasks even with the lack of certain body parts like Goombas being able to hold bats and gloves without arms or how King Boo and Petey are able to drive despite not having legs or eyes respectivley.

Speaking of not having any mouths and still being able to talk, there was this season of Ninja Turtles where they time travel 100 years into the future and in one episode, Dr. Stockman is still alive, despite being reduced to just his brain and one eye, and yet, he can still talk. That's what I find creepy.

PieGuy said:
Who?

Also, am I the only one who spotted the secret pipe by the Delfino Plaza Cannon thanks to the cutscene after beating Bowser?

No, everyone knows about that.

Nightwatcher said:
MCSoulja said:
Yeah... I hated that mission because you're UNDERWATER, LOSING LIFE POINTS BY THE SECOND. And on top of that, you're trying to clean a damn eel's teeth. Doesn't Mario have better things to do? Cant he just hit him with a shell and the pollution will be gone?

I think you've been watching/playing too much Yu-Gi-Oh! :D

And yeah, I'd like for the Mad Piano to have been a Portrait Ghost.

Agreed, that would make the game alot more fun. Not that it's already fun to begin with.

I dont even play yu-gi-oh! Thats a neck.

And I dont feel like quoting your other post, but how could someone mistake Mario for Shadow Mario when they're a completely different color? Like what the heck.

BabyLuigiOnFire said:
I'd call Piantas creepy when they... have an odd appendage in their face that's supposed to be a nose...
The Pianta's nose is normal when compared to the bone growth with nostrils on a Koopa's face.

What's creepy is that King Boo in Super Mario Sunshine. He is too damn confusing. MarioWiki has a separate article on him as if he were some different Boo, and in SMS, he looks like he's on crack.

MCSoulja said:
MarioWiki has a separate article on him as if he were some different Boo, and in SMS, he looks like he's on crack.
Actually, the Super Mario Sunshine "King Boo" IS a different boo. If you read the article thoroughly, you'd see that it says the the original Japanese version of SMS calls him "Boss Boo", and he was named "King Boo" in the English version for no apparent reason. So really, they are different Boos.

PieGuy said:
BabyLuigiOnFire said:
I'd call Piantas creepy when they... have an odd appendage in their face that's supposed to be a nose...
The Pianta's nose is normal when compared to the bone growth with nostrils on a Koopa's face.

They are tortoises, not humans :/

Ornithologist Mario said:
PieGuy said:
BabyLuigiOnFire said:

They are tortoises, not humans :/
What? Nothing in my post said that Koopas or Piantas are humans.

You shouldn't compare Koopas to Piantas. Piantas are supposed to be humanoid freaks while Koopas are supposed to be turtles.

One good thing about the piantas is about the way you can jump on them. I remember that when I was younger, I used to do some glitch thing by repeatedly jumping on that yellow pianta under the umbrella (who gives you the sunglasses and shirt change). I thought it was pretty funny at least.

I liked it how Piantas gave me ball fours or how he hit the batters by pitching in the Mario Baseball games

I also like it how they threw you in SMG2

Back