Super Mario Sunshine... who could forget the nostalgia??

Yeah... they really should include Piantas in future games as playable characters. In the next Smash Bros, perhaps? xD

But that plot would be pretty interesting, nonetheless.

I was thinking Piantas as playable in the next Tennis or Strikers game XD

Yeah, true. It would be funny to see them in Smash Bros though. Their taunts would be that angry yell they do in SMS, they sit down and munch on a fruit, and they dance around happily. :P

I don't really want a remake. I don't see any reason for Nintendo to do so, seeing as many people were displeased with the game originally (as opposed to 64 and Galaxy). I'm not saying the game wasn't fun, it's just that they didn't do a very good job with Super Mario 64DS, so I don't have much confidence they'll do justice with Sunshine.

If they do make a remake, the only few things I want are a new map to run around in and some reference to Luigi. Why should Mario be the only plumber that gets to go on vacation?

(Please no Waluigi)

I was actually joyful about Super Mario 64 DS. To me, that game was way better than the original.

BabyLuigiOnFire said:
I was actually joyful about Super Mario 64 DS. To me, that game was way better than the original.

I thought the game wasn't as free as the original. The controls felt restricting, and being forced to play as a certain character just to get into a certain area was too limiting. I also thought that the game was much easier than the first one because of the extra characters.

A remake on the 3DS might work better because it has a control stick though.

Leonyx said:
I don't really want a remake. I don't see any reason for Nintendo to do so, seeing as many people were displeased with the game originally (as opposed to 64 and Galaxy). I'm not saying the game wasn't fun, it's just that they didn't do a very good job with Super Mario 64DS, so I don't have much confidence they'll do justice with Sunshine.

If they do make a remake, the only few things I want are a new map to run around in and some reference to Luigi. Why should Mario be the only plumber that gets to go on vacation?

(Please no Waluigi)

Hey, I was just going with BLOF. I personally dont want Wario or Waluigi in it.

And I havent played SM64DS, so I cant really comment on that.

Well, I didn't like how in the original, Mario gets bumped into the wall every time he tries grabbing a ledge and it is extremely hard to wall jump in the game. And switching characters shouldn't be an issue, since there are usually caps scattered all around the level and you don't really have to switch too often. Heck, the switching characters thing was the reason I actually enjoyed this game more than Super Mario 64. I also liked the extra levels.

This is my opinion anyway, and in my opinion, this game is better than the original.

Super Mario Sunshine was and still is a great game. I really enjoyed it back in the day as it had excellent gameplay and very unique levels. The characters were unforgettable; however, my favourite part about the game is the cutscenes (characters actually talking was great). It would be a great idea to make SMS 2. Perhaps more characters (my hopes are for :luigi: and :toad:)? That would be interesting. Just bring back the cut scenes too! :)

BabyLuigiOnFire said:
Well, I didn't like how in the original, Mario gets bumped into the wall every time he tries grabbing a ledge and it is extremely hard to wall jump in the game. And switching characters shouldn't be an issue, since there are usually caps scattered all around the level and you don't really have to switch too often. Heck, the switching characters thing was the reason I actually enjoyed this game more than Super Mario 64. I also liked the extra levels.

This is my opinion anyway, and in my opinion, this game is better than the original.

Hey, I'm not saying your opinion is stupid. What you like is up to you.

I didn't like having to switch between characters (I just wanted to play as Luigi) just to get places, no matter how convenient it was. The wall jumps were an improvement though (back then they were called wall kicks and I don't think Mario was able to slide on walls, so it was meant to be difficult), but I think I liked the difficulty of them before. The extra levels were fun; I liked those.

Propeller Toad said:
Super Mario Sunshine was and still is a great game. I really enjoyed it back in the day as it had excellent gameplay and very unique levels. The characters were unforgettable; however, my favourite part about the game is the cutscenes (characters actually talking was great). It would be a great idea to make SMS 2. Perhaps more characters (my hopes are for :luigi: and :toad:)? That would be interesting. Just bring back the cut scenes too! :)

Me too, I was one of the few people who actually liked the cutscenes and didn't care how Bowser sounded like.

Voice acting was awesome. In Super Mario Galaxy, just a few grunts can sound awkward in a scene.

They should return full-voice acting. That was so awesome.

I don't understand why Nintendo was so reluctant to do full-voice acting. They did it well in Star Fox, why not Mario?

I think Star Fox's atmosphere is more appropriate for voice acting than Mario games. I didn't mind the voice acting too much, but it did feel a bit awkward sometimes, particularly in the beginning. The Pinatas sounded really bad.

I don't recall when Piantas actually sound good.

They sound fine when they grunt or whatever. When they actually talk, they sound really bad. Bad choice of voice actors, I think.

Their grunting and talking sound similar, I think.

I thought Piantas sounded like a stupid creature.

I thought Piantas sounded like a stupid creature.

Well, they didn't exactly look like like creatures with big brains. Anyways, I think it would be nice to have the voice actors return. It's pretty nice to see the Mario characters talk as it gives them more personality. Did anyone see the Mario press conference for Mario sports Mix? Mario was talking in that for over 10 minutes.

Propeller Toad said:
Did anyone see the Mario press conference for Mario sports Mix? Mario was talking in that for over 10 minutes.

Hmm, cool! I haven't seen that! Mario doesn't really talk much in his games, he usually just says short phrases (Here we go, I'mma tired, wahoo!, bye-bye, etc.) as we all know.

Mario talking in a press conference? I got to hear that!

Back