Votes: 4 10.3%
  • other please explain

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • DK?

Votes: 4 10.3%

• Total voters
Leonyx said:
Scrub Jay said:
Yoshi is a species too in case you were wondering. Yoshi also came out of the blue, but "everyone" loves him.

Yoshis came from an island though, so they at least had a place of origin when they were first introduced. Waluigi has no origin other than he's kinda friends with Wario and an enemy to Luigi.

Mario is born in Mushroom Kingdom too, but many people consider him to personality-less. I don't know why Yoshi does not receive so much of this statement since both are portrayed as happy, cheerful, brave individuals (just that the plumber is more awesome than Yoshi, but that's my own irrelevant personal opinion).

I think the majority of the characters in the Marioverse have cloudy backstories.

Maybe except Rosalina, but even the Instruction booklet said that her past is shrouded in mystery. Which makes me ask, "Aren't all characters' past basically shrouded for the most part?"

That's why I said "majority". Anyone interested in King Boo's backstory? Was he actually a king? What?

I tend to think that he is a Boo that is crowned a king.

I also think Boos are their own species, not spirits from the dead.

Scrub Jay said:
Maybe except Rosalina, but even the Instruction booklet said that her past is shrouded in mystery. Which makes me ask, "Aren't all characters' past basically shrouded for the most part?"
Super Mario Galaxy shows the Rosalina's backstory (her tale book). But we don't know where she used to live before. Just it's shown green meadows, a castle's silouette and a big tree.

Well, the main reason it said her backstory was cloudy was to convince players to read her storybook, which contained all details of her life.

Probably Mario, just like Pipeline Central.

Luigi's Blooper friend, then.

I never played Paper Mario, though, but I think Luigi has a Blooper partner.

superjeff64 said:
Scrub Jay said:
Probably Mario, just like Pipeline Central.

But the statue looks like a Blooper, not Mario.

It's probably an icon or a dedication

I think Toadsworth should have one. All we know is that he is Peach's grampa and her steward.

I don't think he is Peach's grandpa, he's just her steward. A little of his backstory gets revealed in Partners in Time

Huh? I don't believe in that. Other than that, there's no proof Toadsworth is Peach's grandparent. I still see him as more of an assistant than a grandfather to Peach

Exactly my point! We know nothing about him.He might be her grampa, he may not be!

I don't think Toadsworth it's her grandpa... I think that's why they never have told something like this.

Like what?
A backstory, or the fact that hes her grampa.Im sure it said hes her grampa in Super Mario Sunshine

You haven't played to SMSunshine? If not, you can't be so sure... :(

Funky Kong.

Also on the relationship between Candy and Donkey and Diddy with Dixie.

How did these Kongs met? Have they always known each other or have they met each other just recently?

We don't know...

Of course we don't. A tiny percentage of Mario verse characters have a developed backstory. It's usually they came out of nowhere or something

Baby Luigi Lacertae said:
Of course we don't. A tiny percentage of Mario verse characters have a developed backstory. It's usually they came out of nowhere or something
We know that! And everybody wants more info!

--info is needed...

Back