Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Rosalina?, more please

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • other please explain

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • DK?

Votes: 4 10.3%

• Total voters
I often consider Wario and Waluigi to be cousins. Their family tree must have had a history of causing mischief and being very greedy.

I think they are simply best friends instead of having a blood-relationship.

I think Nintendo should say that they are brothers. They closely resemble to each other, and they are the rivals of the Mario brothers. I consider them as brothers (I know I shouldn't do that, but I do what I want with my Fan-fics).

Diddy_is_the_monkey said:
I'm pretty sure Wario and Waluigi are brothers. They look too similar not to be.

Well again their relationship is unclear. There are various theories, such as Charles's statement about them being non-related buddies.

I wish Nintendo can reveal more about Waluigi's backstory so we have the answers

Waluigi's life is a mystery... O_Ó

Baby Luigi Lacertae said:
I wish Nintendo can reveal more about Waluigi's backstory so we have the answers

I personally wish they'd just get rid of him, but that's probably not going to happen.

No, Waluigi is a great character who has a lot of potential, but Nintendo is reluctant to give it.

They aren't gonna get rid of him. Ever. He's Wario's brother, Mario's arch nemesis (or however you wanna call it) and Waluigi's his brother. Besides, why would they make an evil clone of Mario and forget about an evil clone of Luigi?

Starr said:
They aren't gonna get rid of him. Ever. He's Wario's brother, Mario's arch nemesis (or however you wanna call it) and Waluigi's his brother. Besides, why would they make an evil clone of Mario and forget about an evil clone of Luigi?

I wouldn't call them brothers, since that's debatable. Me, I just consider them to be cousins.

No, Waluigi is a great character who has a lot of potential, but Nintendo is reluctant to give it.

I really don't think so. I personally feel that Waluigi was created purely to be Luigi's rival in sports and party games. The fact that Nintendo would give Luigi a half thought out nemesis with no backstory is a slight to him, in my opinion, instead of a plus. Also, Waluigi to Luigi is the same as Wario to Mario (Waluigi's design is meant to exaggerate Luigi's physical characteristics) so his design is not even creative. His name is lazily made too, being based off the same ideas Wario's name is. The only thing he's done of importance in the series is take the Music Keys in Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix, and even in that game he was only the first boss.

If they can do something creative with him, I may be swayed, but as of right now I think of him as a waste of space. I realize, however, that he's become too much of a staple in the sports and party games to be removed, so I guess I'll just have to deal with it.

Leonyx said:

I really don't think so. I personally feel that Waluigi was created purely to be Luigi's rival in sports and party games. The fact that Nintendo would give Luigi a half thought out nemesis with no backstory is a slight to him, in my opinion, instead of a plus. Also, Waluigi to Luigi is the same as Wario to Mario (Waluigi's design is meant to exaggerate Luigi's physical characteristics) so his design is not even creative. His name is lazily made too, being based off the same ideas Wario's name is. The only thing he's done of importance in the series is take the Music Keys in Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix, and even in that game he was only the first boss.

If they can do something creative with him, I may be swayed, but as of right now I think of him as a waste of space. I realize, however, that he's become too much of a staple in the sports and party games to be removed, so I guess I'll just have to deal with it.

I still think Waluigi is a good character with a lot of missing potential. Waluigi's name is as clever as Wario's too; ijiwaru is an anagram of waruiji and ijiwaru means "bad". Besides, Luigi's designs aren't the same as Mario; Luigi used to be simply a green Mario.

Although Waluigi is a good character in my opinion, and you think he is bad, wait until you meet Baby Daisy, who is even worse than Waluigi.

Leonyx said:

I still think Waluigi is a good character with a lot of missing potential. Waluigi's name is as clever as Wario's too; ijiwaru is an anagram of waruiji and ijiwaru means "bad". Besides, Luigi's designs aren't the same as Mario; Luigi used to be simply a green Mario.

Although Waluigi is a good character in my opinion, and you think he is bad, wait until you meet Baby Daisy, who is even worse than Waluigi.
He's right with the concept of the waluigi's name.
But Baby daisy is not worse, is just newer. Is just a part of Daisy's past (As Baby Peach, and the other babies), but they have to put a backstory to Daisy.

I don't really think Wario's name is clever at all. That's what I was getting at when I said his name was made lazily. While Luigi was created to be a palette swap, he has been defined as a character with a real personality and a relationship with at least one person in the Marioverse over the years. Waluigi has only been defined as a greedy character (just like Wario), and only seems to have some kind of a relationship with Wario, but even that hasn't been confirmed.

I actually prefer Baby Daisy to Waluigi, because at least Princess Daisy has a background (she has her own kingdom, for crying out loud) and it could be believable that there could be a baby version of her. Waluigi literally came from out of nowhere. It wouldn't make any sense for him to have a baby version.

Leonyx said:

I don't really think Wario's name is clever at all. That's what I was getting at when I said his name was made lazily. While Luigi was created to be a palette swap, he has been defined as a character with a real personality and a relationship with at least one person in the Marioverse over the years. Waluigi has only been defined as a greedy character (just like Wario), and only seems to have some kind of a relationship with Wario, but even that hasn't been confirmed.

I actually prefer Baby Daisy to Waluigi, because at least Princess Daisy has a background (she has her own kingdom, for crying out loud) and it could be believable that there could be a baby version of her. Waluigi literally came from out of nowhere. It wouldn't make any sense for him to have a baby version.
Yoshi, Birdo, F.L.U.U.D. and the Koopalings came out of nowhere. Waluigi backround just needs to plunge further thats all. He's not a bad character at all. My best friend is obsessed with him. I think Waluigi has more fans than Wario. Canceling him out would break a lot of fan's hearts. :waluigi:

Camelot made waluigi, and people actually like him, so that's the reason he's still here, he's never gonna have a background history. But i will actually love if he have one. Even tought i don't like him very much, he has potential for a great background.

Leonyx said:
I don't really think Wario's name is clever at all. That's what I was getting at when I said his name was made lazily.

I first thought Wario's name was just "Mario" with the "M" upside-down, but then I realized that his name's origin is a slightly more complex process.

Yoshi, Birdo, F.L.U.U.D. and the Koopalings came out of nowhere. Waluigi backround just needs to plunge further thats all. He's not a bad character at all. My best friend is obsessed with him. I think Waluigi has more fans than Wario. Canceling him out would break a lot of fan's hearts. :waluigi:
[/quote]

Yoshis and F.L.U.U.D have background information (or at least very strongly suggested background information), Birdos are apparently a species so they don't need a background, and the Koopalings are obviously related to Bowser.

I'm actually very surprised everyone feels so strongly about Waluigi. I can't see him being worth anything until he gets to be more than Luigi's rival and Wario's "friend".

Yoshi is a species too in case you were wondering. Yoshi also came out of the blue, but "everyone" loves him.

Leonyx said:

Man... Baby Luigi Lacertae is right... Waluigi and Wario's names are more complex. Wario is based in warui, means 'bad','sly'.
----------
LOTS of characters need a backstory, so my idea (again) is that Nintendo should do a book/game/whatever explaining all the chara's backstories. Including secondary charas, as the Paper Mario's or the Mario & Luigi's ones.

Leonyx said:
Yoshi, Birdo, F.L.U.U.D. and the Koopalings came out of nowhere.

SMW2:YI and YIDS pretty much reveal Yoshi's origin.
FLUDD was one of E. Gadd's inventions, the real question is how he ended up on Isle Delfino.

As for Birdo, her debut was in SMB2, and the original Japanese version was a game Nintendo created, but it wasn't actually a Mario game as the playable characters were unrelated to the Mario franchise, and when the game was ready for release in America, Nintendo removed the playable characters and replaced them with Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Toad. So basically, Birdo was originally from Subcon but found her way to the Mario Universe/The Mushroom Kingdom as evidenced by the fact that Nintendo has put her in many spin-off games.

Scrub Jay said:
Yoshi is a species too in case you were wondering. Yoshi also came out of the blue, but "everyone" loves him.

Yoshis came from an island though, so they at least had a place of origin when they were first introduced. Waluigi has no origin other than he's kinda friends with Wario and an enemy to Luigi.

You know what I want Nintendo to do to Waluigi? Make him a part of Wario Inc. I can actually see him there, and at least he'd have some kind of a background.

Leonyx said:
You know what I want Nintendo to do to Waluigi? Make him a part of Wario Inc. I can actually see him there, and at least he'd have some kind of a background.

That's what I always think on. They have to put him in Wario Inc. If he is Wario's Friend/Cousin/Brother/Whatever, they have to put him there.

Agreed. I don't like it how Nintendo or whoever is making WarioWare (Intelligent Systems, I think) leaves Waluigi out. I don't mind innovation of characters, though, but some older characters such as Waluigi needs more love.

Back