Super Mario Galaxy 2 Thread

Re: My friend hates Super Mario Galaxy 2

Well I don't know about this one. :P

Actually, I can think of tons of people who don't like Mario in general, thus hating Super Mario Galaxy 2 just because it is Mario. Ew. And I don't really care about reviews, but anyway...

Majority of people at my school who hate Mario get the average of a C-.

Green Fire said:
I bet about less than 3% of people who played this game disliked it. :posh:
I greatly doubt that. Just because it got good reviews doesn't mean that a lot of people love it.

ToxBox said:
why he hate SMG2?
I could think of several reasons... But since this is a Mario forum, I'll get called an idiot for bringing them up, so I won't bother.

The reasons might be idiotic, but that doesn't mean you're an idiot. :rolleyes:

Scrub Jay said:
The reasons might be idiotic, but that doesn't mean you're an idiot. :rolleyes:
Well I don't THINK they're idiotic, I think the complaints are quite legitimate and result from Nintendo's bad habits when making some games. It's just that whenever I bring them up, Mario fans call me an idiot, a whiner, and other mean words.

Well, I can say Super Mario Galaxy 2's faults. I just stated quite a few times, trying to convince people it's just an opinion, which cannot be proven true or false by any means.

Smashgoom202 said:
ToxBox said:
why he hate SMG2?
I could think of several reasons... But since this is a Mario forum, I'll get called an idiot for bringing them up, so I won't bother.

I thought you meant HIS reasons, not yours. That's why I said it could be invalid.

I don't like how Yoshi is required in every level he appears in. I liked in SMW when you could walk in any level (not the castles or ghost houses, of course) with Yoshi, even when you didn't need him.

I don't like his voice at all. It annoys me. But Yoshi should appear in more levels for a character that prominently appears in the boxart.

Baby Luigi Lacertae said:
I don't like his voice at all. It annoys me. But Yoshi should appear in more levels for a character that prominently appears in the boxart.
You have a point.

PokemonMaster said:
You have a point.
The only reason people buy it is because it has Yoshi, nothing else

Itsa that Guy! said:
PokemonMaster said:
You have a point.
The only reason people buy it is because it has Yoshi, nothing else

And that's plain stupid. I buy games for gameplay and fun. What happens if it is a cruddy game that has Yoshi in it? I buy Mario Sports Mix, even though Baby Luigi is not in it. It's simply pure fun.

Wow I thought this topic will have 10 reply but it have 67 replys

Well, what we're discussing has nothing to do with the topic title at all, so we are basically off topic.

That is ok and in GAMEFAQS if you got off topic for a LITTLE time, your message get deleted and you get a warning for 4 day and you dont allow to use it for 4-5 days

I honestly prefer the first one as well. SMG 2 seemed too complex and it looked like it tried too hard to be epic...

ToxBox said:
That is ok and in GAMEFAQS if you got off topic for a LITTLE time, your message get deleted and you get a warning for 4 day and you dont allow to use it for 4-5 days

And the community tries to prove opinions wrong as well :P

Diddy_is_the_monkey said:
I honestly prefer the first one as well. SMG 2 seemed too complex and it looked like it tried too hard to be epic...

I understand your last point, but I do not understand why a complex game is unprefered.

Boy this is gonna be fun.

I hated SMG, only reason I played it long as I did, which was like half the game, was the ost. I actually became fed up with it the game though mainly due to it being way too linear(was used to more open areas from previous 3d platformers like sm64 and sms, and i love open world), and the fact the game was so easy I didn't have to put any form of effort into it. Which really ruined it too.

SMG2 came out, listened to the ost, absolutely hated it. They even had that one song from sm64(the boat in the sky or whatever) remixed and it just sounded awful. Like some guys that never even made music, never even had potential with music, made a remix. Bad instruments, bad key, bad everything.

So with that I don't have much reason to play.

I know it sounds illogical, but music is a big thing to me, especially in a video game. Especially in a MARIO game. A series known for well done tracks and remixes. Heck, I could even look past the linearity, since the game apparently boosted in challenge, but not with that god awful soundtrack.

So yeah, smg2 does not seems like trash to me.

Also on a side note I still laugh at how people say smg has amazing graphics when it's just slightly upgraded sms models with glow effect.

twinArmageddons said:
What are you talking about? the soundtrack is great :)

Not really, it might be okay if smg1 ost didn't exist.

Seriously, smg2 ost is horribly boring, especially the bowser battle theme.

Heck I just relistened to like 10 different tracks and I'm already annoyed. >(

What? Super Mario Galaxy 2 has a great ost. You are probably overlooking some good ones. Here's a list of what I considered great:

Throwback Galaxy
All World Music (1,2,3,4,5,6,S)
Space Storm Galaxy
Slipsand Galaxy
Sky Station Galaxy
Final Bowser Galaxy thing
Melty Monster Galaxy
Fluffy Bluff Galaxy (although it sounded too similar to Gusty Garden)
Tico and the Hat (it's a Rosalina song with an oboe in it, dunno where it is heard)
Starship (all versions)
Jungle Glider Fluzzard Flying
Fleet Glide Fluzzard music
Bowser Jr. Fortification

Although I can agree with you that most the MIDI ones aren't too good

Why would you hate on a game because it has MIDI? That's hardly relevant to 'disliking' the game.

Back