Super Mario Galaxy 2 Thread

Re: My friend hates Super Mario Galaxy 2

For me, I appreciated the fact they made Super Mario Galaxy and was completely satisfied. Oh well. This is coming from a person who likes multiplayer games more than single player platformers.

Cosmopolitan said:
For me, I appreciated the fact they made Super Mario Galaxy and was completely satisfied. Oh well. This is coming from a person who likes multiplayer games more than single player platformers.

I can respect that. I usually like multiplayer games better, but the Super Mario Galaxy games made me fall in love. :)

Am I the only one who thinks the SMG games have absolutely no replay value?

Fawfulfury65 said:

What I consider to be replay value would be if you could replay the same objective all over again. Nearly every Legend of Zelda title has no replay value by any means; the only exception being Majora's Mask. Likewise, the Banjo-Kazooie series suffers from the lack of replay value too, but Banjo-Tooie does offer a mode which lets you replay mini-games and bosses.

Fawfulfury65 said:

Absolutely not.

I just bought Mario Sports Mix recently and I spent more time on that game compared to Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Scrub Jay said:
Fawfulfury65 said:

Absolutely not.

I just bought Mario Sports Mix recently and I spent more time on that game compared to Super Mario Galaxy 2.
I don't have it yet but Galaxy 2 was 1 day 100% completion. My friend has Sports Mix and I been going to her house to play it. She recorded our time and was a total of 567 hours, 36 minutes and 49 seconds. See how much I play Mario Sports Mix compared to SMG2?

The Nintendo Channel sure does help keep track of your play time for your games, as long as you don't play them, via, Homebrew.

PokemonMaster said:
Scrub Jay said:
Fawfulfury65 said:

Absolutely not.

I don't have it yet but Galaxy 2 was 1 day 100% completion. My friend has Sports Mix and I been going to her house to play it. She recorded our time and was a total of 567 hours, 36 minutes and 49 seconds. See how much I play Mario Sports Mix compared to SMG2?
You'd have to be playing MSM for over 24 days straight to get that many hours, according to my phone's calculator. Has this game even been out that long?

Fawfulfury65 said:
PokemonMaster said:
Scrub Jay said:
Fawfulfury65 said:

Absolutely not.

You'd have to be playing MSM for over 24 days straight to get that many hours, according to my phone's calculator. Has this game even been out that long?

24 days is about 3 weeks. Mario Sports Mix has been released on the 4th of February. Yeah, it's been released that long. And several countries have gotten it before us. Still, the playtime hours seem totally unrealistic. You have to be playing the game NONSTOP for that long.

Cosmopolitan said:
Fawfulfury65 said:
PokemonMaster said:
Scrub Jay said:
Fawfulfury65 said:

Absolutely not.

24 days is about 3 weeks. Mario Sports Mix has been released on the 4th of February. Yeah, it's been released that long. And several countries have gotten it before us. Still, the playtime hours seem totally unrealistic. You have to be playing the game NONSTOP for that long.
Apparently we play Video Games nonstop. Especially Mario spinoffs.

Hm, but it still sounds like an exaggeration

PokemonMaster said:
Cosmopolitan said:
Fawfulfury65 said:
PokemonMaster said:
Scrub Jay said:
Fawfulfury65 said:

Absolutely not.

Apparently we play Video Games nonstop. Especially Mario spinoffs.
You'd have to play it 24/7 though, which you obviously haven't because then you wouldn't be posting on the forums if you were always playing it. And I'm sure you do other things such as go to school, sleep, and eat. It's probably a glitch if it really says that.

I finally got all the Green Stars in SMG2. It was absolute torture.

Fawfulfury65 said:

Oh yes. I feel your pain. I hated the tedious process of collecting them and hearing that stupid siren EVERY. SINGLE. DARN. TIME. I choose a Green Star mission. That drove me insane.

Cosmopolitan said:
Fawfulfury65 said:

Oh yes. I feel your pain. I hated the tedious process of collecting them and hearing that stupid siren EVERY. SINGLE. DARN. TIME. I choose a Green Star mission. That drove me insane.
Some are placed in ridiculous spots like on top of lava. Just so you know that one was in the final Bowser level.

PokemonMaster said:
Cosmopolitan said:
Fawfulfury65 said:

Some are placed in ridiculous spots like on top of lava. Just so you know that one was in the final Bowser level.
I have trouble seeing how far away things are in this game (let's hope the 3Ds fixes this for future games), so when I just for Green Stars that are floating above lava or some pit, I almost always miss them because I'm just a little bit to far to the side or something. This made getting the last Green Star in the Flipsville Galaxy a major pain.

It's funny how there's a Luma on the Starship Mario who tells you to move the camera to locate Green Stars, when half the time the game doesn't even let you use the camera to look into first person or move it. The camera in this game is the worst ever, no doubt about it, and that is a major reason why I think this game is pretty bad.

Super Mario Galaxy 2..... put me off the series. He has every right to dislike it.

Super Mario Bros. entirely, or the two?

ParaSky said:
Dr. John Victor Doomlittle said:

I'd say the entirety.
Why should one game make you hate the whole series? There are many great Mario games out there.

Fawfulfury65 said:
ParaSky said:
Dr. John Victor Doomlittle said:

I'd say the entirety.
Why should one game make you hate the whole series? There are many great Mario games out there.
Hey I hated My Pokémon Ranch but I don't hate the entire series.
Haley: I brought a new Pokémon! *shows random Metapod*
Me: Ugh.
I say Metapod is the most useless Pokémon ever.

PokemonMaster said:
I say Metapod is the most useless Pokémon ever.

At least it evolves into a Butterfree. Luvdisc on the other hand...

Anyway, this friend has no right to dislike a game if he only played about 2 levels in it. It's just ridiculous. I have my reasons to dislike Super Mario Galaxy 2; I played the entire game.

He has a right to dislike it. However, his reasons for disliking it are very weak.

Fawfulfury65 said:
I'd say the entirety.

My thoughts exactly.

@ ParaSky Just because one measley game didn't live up to your expectations doesn't mean its bad nor is it a reason to hate the whole franchise. And if you hate the whole Mario franchise then what the hell are you even doing here? You do realize that this is a MARIO website, right?

I can respect if people don't like this game but it is the 3rd or 4th highest reviewed game on Gamerankings, it has incredible sales for such a short time and plenty of people like it. So you people who don't like it, you are in a small minority. I bet about less than 3% of people who played this game disliked it. :posh:

Back