Super Mario Galaxy 2 Thread

Re: My friend hates Super Mario Galaxy 2

twinArmageddons said:
Of course, Dino Piranha takes about 10 seconds.

Well, Dino Piranha is the easiest of the 5 Boss Blitz Galaxy bosses. Bouldergeist and Fiery Dino Piranha are the biggest issues with that speed run.

Yeah, the real issue with Bouldergeist is the time it takes for you to clobber it, not how it attacks you. Bouldergeist really got me running for in the Speed Run.

Fiery Dino Piranha was mainly a no-issue, however, compared to Bouldergeist.

Baby Luigi Lacertae said:
I think the Bouldergeist Daredevil comet is the one alot of the people overjudge its difficulty. I found it particularly easy. Continue running, watch out for spikes coming out of ground, slow punches. You get the idea.

I agree I never died on it but I failed Guppy's challenges a few times because I accidently hit him. Cosmic Clones are the most annoying things in SMG2 though.

Yeah, the real issue with Bouldergeist is the time it takes for you to clobber it, not how it attacks you. Bouldergeist really got me running for in the Speed Run.

Fiery Dino Piranha was mainly a no-issue, however, compared to Bouldergeist.
On my first try I only had 10 seconds left after beating the level.

Bouldergeist's battle sucks out plenty of time in the Speed Run mission.

I'll have to say that the first Super Mario Galaxy is much better than the sequel. SMG2 just lacks the same sense of awesome the first one had.

Lario said:
I'll have to say that the first Super Mario Galaxy is much better than the sequel. SMG2 just lacks the same sense of awesome the first one had.

Probably because smg brings all this new space stuff while smg2 returns a little too much.

Common complaint I hear, but judging from what I've seen, it's fairly reasonable. :V

Leonyx said:
Lario said:

To a lesser extent, I agree.

I agree too. SMG2 was basically a more bigger, extended game of SMG.

I bet people only rate Galaxy 2 much higher than Galaxy is simply because beeping Yoshi is in it.

I truly believe Super Mario Galaxy 2 does not deserve game of the year. I liked Kirby's Epic Yarn more than Super Mario Galaxy 2. Heck, I liked several other games more than Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Only the music was good, but it felt like it had less original orchestrated soundtracks than the first.

Leonyx said:
I truly believe Super Mario Galaxy 2 does not deserve game of the year. I liked Kirby's Epic Yarn more than Super Mario Galaxy 2. Heck, I liked several other games more than Super Mario Galaxy 2.

I don't see what the big deal the game was. It was almost the exact same thing Super Mario Galaxy was, but it was (in my opinion) much less innovative. The sequel just didn't have the wow factor of the first game. It was so entertaining to orbit around planets in the first, but it lacked flair in the second.

Me too. Super Mario Galaxy 2 mostly lacked innovation if you don't count new power-ups. However, the exploitation of power-ups suck. Boo Mushroom, for example, is only used in one freaking level. Rock Mushroom is quite sparingly used too. And then, take a look at the Cloud Flower.

Leonyx said:

I don't see what the big deal the game was. It was almost the exact same thing Super Mario Galaxy was, but it was (in my opinion) much less innovative. The sequel just didn't have the wow factor of the first game. It was so entertaining to orbit around planets in the first, but it lacked flair in the second.

Me too. Super Mario Galaxy 2 mostly lacked innovation if you don't count new power-ups. However, the exploitation of power-ups suck. Boo Mushroom, for example, is only used in one freaking level. Rock Mushroom is quite sparingly used too. And then, take a look at the Cloud Flower.

Rock Mario sucked anyway, in what it seems to be.

I didn't like it how you can't stop Rock ability. You either stopped by bumping to a wall or getting hit by something.

I didn't like it how you can't stop Rock ability. You either stopped by bumping to a wall or getting hit by something.

Actually, you can stop the move by jumping and pressing the Z button. However, this does not work at the Melty Monster Galaxy.

Still, I can't figure it how ingame, plus the Rock ability is really hard to control. I'd lose speed and get some more control so the power-up isn't as frustrating to use.

And where's mah Red Star in this game?

I hated the lack of the Ice Flower.

That was one dumb move Nintendo made right there.

Scrub Jay said:
I hated the lack of the Ice Flower.

That was one dumb move Nintendo made right there.

The lack of the Red Star was even worse than the lack of the Ice Flower. The Red Star only appeared in ONE level in the entire Super Mario Galaxy line.

Which means that is a dumber move. Instead of getting the wonderful majestic flight of Flight Mario, we get this run-down crummy, green, quivering blob with a long worm growing out of its mouth. The sound it makes is enough to make Lumas explode.

Or, we could have gotten both.

At least Super Mario Galaxy 2 improved the multiplayer, though it still is kinda of a boring disaster.

In my personal opinion, I would rather have the Red Star over the Blimp Berry Yoshi power-up.

Per x bajillion times.

All of Yoshi's powerups are crummy. At least Mario has some good ones.

There should have been permanent Yoshi power-ups instead of the temporary ones. The Dash Pepper was the best power-up, even though it is still lame. The others are simply worse at terms of being fun to exploit, especially Blimp Berry's

As for the Blimp, they could have just added a ladder.

Well, I never liked the Blimp Power-up anyway. The controls were sorta shaky. And Mario/Luigi rides on Yoshi's posterior during the power-up, which disturbs me.

Back