Funny Video Game Moments

I once put Sonic as P2 and beat him up until he had 999 damage. Then I smashed him off the screen at like 45,000 mph. I think that's how fast the game said it was. Ouch.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I did this in SSBB.

In PMD: Red Rescue team your partner asks if you know what world balance is. If you say yes it'll ask you where it is. If you say its in space. It'll ask how you find it and if you answer "you'll know it when you get there" your partner has a mini freak out and ask the passing Peliper to fly you and your partner to space. Peliper gets mad and yells at your partner and flies away. The partner gets mad at you for giving it false info. I didn't even feel ashamed that my friend the Bulbasaur had been lied to. I will always have a type advantage over him. :evilgrin:

Yoshiwalker said:
In Mario Party 5, I was playing Quilt for Speed, and by the time Boo, Toad, and I had finished, Koopa Kid was still on the first row. And he was a Normal computer, not an easy one.

Computers in Mario Party, easy, normal, or hard, aren't very skilled in general. I've seen hard computers lose to easy computers in more than one minigame, especially in Mario Party 4.

Ornithologist Mario said:
Yoshiwalker said:
In Mario Party 5, I was playing Quilt for Speed, and by the time Boo, Toad, and I had finished, Koopa Kid was still on the first row. And he was a Normal computer, not an easy one.

Computers in Mario Party, easy, normal, or hard, aren't very skilled in general. I've seen hard computers lose to easy computers in more than one minigame, especially in Mario Party 4.

The computer is the absolute worst in Ground Pound from the original Mario Party as they'll get one right, then one wrong.

41 said:
Ornithologist Mario said:
Yoshiwalker said:

The computer is the absolute worst in Ground Pound from the original Mario Party as they'll get one right, then one wrong.

The computer in all difficulties are absolutely dim-witted, which is probably why there are so many funny video game moments relating to Mario Party and its AI.

I saw a video on Youtube that showed several MP mini-games where Luigi won by doing nothing at all.

Roll said:
When you're fighting Eggman's Egg Dealer you can damage him by having him shoot missles and dropping bombs on itself.

I love doing that to him. I laughed when I fought the Egg Breaker as well because he says"You're going in the junkyard!" but I allways kill him 2 seconds later. That allways makes me laugh.

1337 said:
I was playing NSMBW woth my friend and my friend DIED on the first Goomba.

My friend did that, but shortly after he came back, stole my Propeller. I tried kiling him for revenge but he ended up getting more and I ended up killing myself 4 times.

So I tried winning a minigame by doing nothing at all. The only one where I had success was Fish & Cheeps from Mario Party 7. Wario just swam right into a Cheep Cheep. I laughed hard at that.

I was so happy when I defeated Lance in Pokemon Red. When the guy told me I had to face my rival, Blue I was just pure sad. I owned him with a VULPIX. I didn't know how to evolve it and so thats why in my early Pokemon games you would see in the Hall of Fame an overleveled Pokemon that evolves with a stone. In Crystal it was my Poliwhirl. (Nicknamed it Poli after a while of getting bored of the name Blooper.)

In the beginning of Pokemon Diamond or Pearl Dia/Platinum (Professor Rowan's assistant) says that if you don't treat your Pokemon nicely they'll something they say. Pokemon can't speak English unless its Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. What are they going to do? Kidnap me? Sue me?

Had a Mario Kart Wii wifi race not too long ago (using Toad of course), and I soon encountered a hacker. The course ended up being Maple Treeway and the hacker started throwing bombs at the players right during the countdown. During the last lap (on the area before the jump after the bridge) the hacker cornered everyone right in the small hollow space (before the jump) and threw bombs repeatedly while using the effects of a starman. I was once first, but then got fourth place by the end of the wrath.

Propeller Toad said:
Had a Mario Kart Wii wifi race not too long ago (using Toad of course), and I soon encountered a hacker. The course ended up being Maple Treeway and the hacker started throwing bombs at the players right during the countdown. During the last lap (on the area before the jump after the bridge) the hacker cornered everyone right in the small hollow space (before the jump) and threw bombs repeatedly while using the effects of a starman. I was once first, but then got fourth place by the end of the wrath.

Those type of hackers are pretty sad people, unless they let you win the race after their wrath.

^ I believe s/he did let the players win. I'm pretty sure that it was just a "fun" use of hacking for these few races.

Those type of hackers are fine. Hackers that hack to win are the bad guys.

Baby Luigi said:
Those type of hackers are fine. Hackers that hack to win are the bad guys.
I ran into someone who uses stars just to win, making her impossible to beat.

Propeller Toad said:

I sometimes think those kind of hackers are kind of fun to play with, racing through a storm of bombs makes it all the more frantic.

Although, I played with a hacker on Peach Beach, so I had more room to drive.

I'm a hacker myself (an extremely n00by one XP), it's pretty entertaining to modify the game. I heard of people who hack for fun, not to win, and those guys are ok

Back