Super Mario 3D Land

Re: New Super Mario Bros. 3DS

It's extremely likely Peach will get kidnapped again. Although Nintendo can surprise us from time to time. And I hate surprises of the bad kind.

I hope there will be a mulitplayer aspect of the game. Miyamoto wanted this aspect for a very long time, and since he and his team pulled it off pretty well (IMO), I think he's going to return it in the future Mario games.

Today, Iwata revealed more details of this game tentatively title, Super Mario. 4 pictures were showed, it looks like SMB3, and the Super Mario Galaxy games.

Still waiting for multiplayer...I would be really bummed if there was a lack of it

Re: Super Mario 3DS

So apparently it ISN'T going to be another New Super Mario Bros. game, but rather a new 3D platformer with a Super Mario Bros. feel to it... Also, isn't this year the 30th anniversary of Donkey Kong? AKA the first appearance of Mario? That would be so awesome...

As for what we've seen, I think it's interesting to see Nintendo try and incorporate the mechanic of having tiny Mario grow into Super Mario in a 3D game. The game itself, or at least the screenshots shown looks like Super Mario Galaxy 2, crossed with New Super Mario Bros. Wii. And the raccoon tail tease was enough to get me really excited at first, but then it had me thinking "What about Super Mario World's cape? Or is that just not as cool as a raccoon tail?" Either way, just giving me a small taste now just makes me hungry for more!

Well, if they are really going to return the raccoon suit, I hope they return power-ups such as the Hammer Suit. I never experienced Super Mario Bros. 3 fully and this would be a good chance. This could also mean Kuribo's Shoe can shine again.

Baby Luigi Lacertae said:
And I hate surprises of the bad kind.
Exactly what are the "surprises of the bad kind" you have seen?
On Topic: I really want a 2D-Sidescroller like Super Mario World.
I don't mind if they put 4 player of not. Or even if they stick to the basic power ups. The only thing i want it's a little more difficulty!! For God's Sake!.

- + ToD + - said:
I don't mind if they put 4 player of not. Or even if they stick to the basic power ups. The only thing i want it's a little more difficulty!! For God's Sake!.
New Super Mario Bros. Wii WAS difficult, particularly near the end. And in the Special World.

- + ToD + - said:

The announcement of Super Mario Galaxy 2 is an example. In my humble opinion, Super Mario Galaxy never deserved a sequel and Super Mario Galaxy 2, (again, MY opinion) brought nearly nothing new in terms of gameplay mechanics.

Difficult stuff is overrated for me, anyhow. I like it to be somewhere in the middle, leaning towards the easy side because I'm those people who get frustrated easily.

This new 3D title should contain the following...

1: Yoshi is used to complete certain levels.

2: The Koopalings return again.

3: Certain enemies from New Super Mario Bros. Wii return; bringing the King Bill back would be a good start.

In my opinion, even though it's hardly possible, they should give people like Waluigi a chance to shine. And, I would like Toad (or a Toad) to have a major role in this game, such as playable status in NSMBW

New Super Mario Bros. Wii WAS difficult, particularly near the end. And in the Special World.
[/quote]
it doesn't come even closer to SMW, wich, when you were on world 4 for example. Was already a nightmare for an average player. With all the moles jumping from the ground and levels with slow camera scrolling. And don't even get me started with the castle.
- + ToD + - said:
The announcement of Super Mario Galaxy 2 is an example. In my humble opinion, Super Mario Galaxy never deserved a sequel and Super Mario Galaxy 2, (again, MY opinion) brought nearly nothing new in terms of gameplay mechanics.

Difficult stuff is overrated for me, anyhow. I like it to be somewhere in the middle, leaning towards the easy side because I'm those people who get frustrated easily.
well, i think SMG2 still it's a great game.
As for the new mario bros games.
They were EASY in comparison to SM3 and World, these 2 games are "middle difficult" to me! The only game that it's actually difficult it's lost levels.

I want the game now.

If it's ANOTHER Super Mario Galaxy, that would kill most of my excitement.

Well, there ARE Star Comets in the game, and the environments look like quite a few planets from ones in Super Mario Galaxy 2, particularly the ones with Yoshi in them.

The environments remind me of Super Mario 64, though.

This game alone can easily get me into buying the 3DS even though I had no such intentions until now :D. The tanooki tail causes some serious hyping and the screenshots look awesome. The small/mushroom Mario from the 2D games would be the best thing to introduce to the 3D series, and yeah the worlds from this game look a lot more like Mario 64 which is a good thing. We can enjoy Super Mario Galaxy 3 on the Wii (or Wii2) anyway :D

And yeah the game we were talking about in a previous thread turns out to be a 3D game, I hope they will make a version of this game for the home console too and that a NSMB3DS (2D) game will also be developed :D.

Strange, I'm not too hyped for the game as for now, despite my being a Mario fan. I don't know why.

Because it is not a multiplayer spinoff with Waluigi, Donkey Kong, and Wario in it.

Scrub Jay said:
The environments remind me of Super Mario 64, though.
Really...? Not me. Maybe that's because that one screenshot in the upper-left-hand corner remidns me of the Yoshi Star Galaxy, almost to the point where it actually IS from the Yoshi Star Galaxy.

Also, it's a lot more colorful and cartoony than Super Mario 64 was, which, granted, was colorful and cartoon in its own rights, but was still a little dark, and had some strand/creepy-looking enemies to boot, like the Scuttle Bugs.

SM64_ScuttleBug.jpg

It looks a lot like SMG, but I really hope it's not another SMG game. I hate all the space travel and going upside-down on planets.

Scrub Jay said:

It won't be. For starters, a screenshot of small Mario is there, so it's not going to be SMG 3 or something. In fact, it may even combine elements from EVERY mainstream game (hey, maybe picking up veggies will return from SMB2!)

Fawfulfury65 said:
It looks a lot like SMG, but I really hope it's not another SMG game. I hate all the space travel and going upside-down on planets.

It will definitely be like SM64 in some aspects. However, the trilogy of Super Mario Galaxy needs to be completed at some point.

SKmarioman said:
Scrub Jay said:

It won't be. For starters, a screenshot of small Mario is there, so it's not going to be SMG 3 or something.
How do you know this? Isn't it possible they could implement that into the series?

I would think that Nintendo would save anything Super Mario Galaxy related for a major gaming console, but seeing a Comet Medal does call for some questions.

i don't think that it's a comet medal. It looks a lot more like a star coin.

Back