Super Mario 3D Land

Re: Super Mario 3DS

We need another Mario Party for Wii (gamecube got 4!!). But one better with a cool story... and Bowser could get more serious (it's impossible... I know that that guy con't do anymore, but well.)

---There is rumors around Hudson Soft... ¬¬

Don't change the subject.

I'm hoping this game does what Super Mario 64 didn't.

Dr. John Victor Doomlittle said:
Don't change the subject.

I'm hoping this game does what Super Mario 64 didn't.

How about what Super Mario Galaxy didn't either? *glares at Super Mario Galaxy 2*

If they actually do bring back raccoon tails I'm interested to see if they could possibly work in a 3D environment.

Oh goody, I hope the Raccoon Tail doesn't break the game because it enables you to fly. If it does enable you to fly, it should be made extremely hard to control, like the Wing Cap.

Kirby can fly, but it doesn't break the game.

They'll find a way where flying won't break the game, I suppose.

Scrub Jay said:
Kirby can fly, but it doesn't break the game.

This is a Mario game. Mario *inserts not equal sign* Kirby

Baby Luigi Lacertae said:
Oh goody, I hope the Raccoon Tail doesn't break the game because it enables you to fly. If it does enable you to fly, it should be made extremely hard to control, like the Wing Cap.
I presume it would work like in SMB3.

This is a Mario game. Mario *inserts not equal sign* Kirby

Kirby is just an example of how flight doesn't break the game.

I'm talking about flight, not the gameplay, style, etc.

Geez, you think I'm THAT stupid?

You think they might return the Frog Suit, the Hammer Suit, the P Wing, and Kuribo's Shoe?

I think most of that stuff if not all of it wouldn't work in a 3D environment.

Ah, but I can see the Frog Suit and Kuribo's Shoe working.

I prefer Penguin over Frog any day, though.

Penguin suit would definitely break a 3D game. Maybe that's why they kept the Fire Flower as a temporary power up.

But chances are, this will not be a Super Mario Galaxy game, so we might see permanent power-ups.

In my opinion, even though it's hardly possible, they should give people like Waluigi a chance to shine. And, I would like Toad (or a Toad) to have a major role in this game, such as playable status in NSMBW

Yes, I would definitely like to see this happen! :toad:
Also I wonder how the story would play out in this game. It's most likely going to reuse the same formula that we seen for the last installments, but perhaps there might be a twist in this game's story.

Propeller Toad said:
Also I wonder how the story would play out in this game. It's most likely going to reuse the same formula that we seen for the last installments, but perhaps there might be a twist in this game's story.

Peach gets stolen again...yeah, as if we haven't have enough of that :rolleyes: Still, it's extremely likely they'll reuse that cliched story.

Like Propeller Toad said, I hope for a twist, at least, and not a bad one.

Still, the basic plot will be that Peach gets kidnapped by Bowser. It's not like there will be a huge change. BUT, we may never know.

Baby Luigi Lacertae said:
Still, the basic plot will be that Peach gets kidnapped by Bowser. It's not like there will be a huge change. BUT, we may never know.
Maybe Tangatanga will return. And he kidnapps Daisy or somthin. Plus YOSHI! that would be fun and in eye popping 3-D

Master Koopakid said:
Maybe Tangatanga will return. And he kidnapps Daisy or somthin. Plus YOSHI! that would be fun and in eye popping 3-D
You mean Tatanga, right?

The Koopalings are fine, but if the roles are taken by Bowser Jr., then I really don't want to see people whining about it.

I would also like the Tanooki suit to return as well.

Smashgoom202 said:
Actually, I'm not sure if the game's actually going to be CALLED that, just that it's going to be a new Mario game for the 3DS:

http://ds.ign.com/articles/114/1147091p1.html

I await the moment where they announce the Koopalings will be in this game as well. Or Wart, Mouser, and his minions... Or Tatanga.

Edit, new info:

umu5u.jpg

nintendotop.jpg
Look at that bottom right photo and near the top. It looks like a comet medal. Also, that tail at the end of the O may be Raccoon Mario or a new possible Yoshi raccoon powerup seeing as how it looks so much like SMG and SMG2. It seems more like Raccoon Mario though.

Looking at the photos on the left, the areas seem to be high up in the sky, á la planets, which probably is more evidence on to why this could be a Super Mario Galaxy game.

Back