Ages of Mario Characters

His voice was pretty low pitched in Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash

Baby Luigi said:
His voice was pretty low pitched in Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash
He sounded fine in Mario Party 10. Mario Kart 8 seems to be just the exception, a very shrill and harsh one.

Magikrazy said:
iirc the tennis games been reusing voice clips since the N64 one
Particularly, the serve noises. >_>

But Ultra Smash has some definitely new ones.

Argument invalid for Rosalina

With her initial appearence , Mercedes Rose actually made the character sound like she was as old as she is set to be (not by numbers , but by personality and behavior)

Now that Rosalina has a significantly higher pitched and girlier voice , she sounds waaaaaay younger than ever before thus making this not a realiable source to tell her age.

Though , being fair , she still sounds considerably older than the Peach and Daisy combo , who sound like grown women behaving like little girls , mostly for Daisy because she keeps yelling for no reason.

My best friend used to tell me that Mario was 15 and Luigi was 16.

Yoshi Mastar said:
Nobody is born at the same time, in the same few seconds. Mario can be older than Luigi, and still be twins. They can be born apart by a few hours really.

Also, assuming the Bros. wern't 10 when they first saved Peach, they're probably in their late 30's. And since nobody ever likes seeing their heros be old, I'll say the magic and healthy evironment of the Mushroom World has perserved their youth. Even though you can be in your prime in your 30's, just look at Will Smith and Tony Hawk.
You also need to take in the fact that video game characters don't have to necessarily age.

True, all events can take place in the same week as far as I'm concerned.

There's some weird incongruity between Mario's age and the age of Donkey Kong, assuming that "Donkey Kong" is supposed to be Cranky Kong or someone older or whatever.

So that's why in my personal headcannon, I just say Donkey Kong = Donkey Kong.

Kaska said:
So, that's someone else who used to think Luigi's the older brother. Make that three people I know already. Me, I always thought Mario's the older one. Don't know, I got into Mario probably before I was 5.

LeftyGreenMario said:
True, all events can take place in the same week as far as I'm concerned.

There's some weird incongruity between Mario's age and the age of Donkey Kong, assuming that "Donkey Kong" is supposed to be Cranky Kong or someone older or whatever.

So that's why in my personal headcannon, I just say Donkey Kong = Donkey Kong.

Kaska said:
So, that's someone else who used to think Luigi's the older brother. Make that three people I know already. Me, I always thought Mario's the older one. Don't know, I got into Mario probably before I was 5.

Nah, that was just a typo. I meant "My best friend used to tell me that Mario was 15 and Luigi was 14."

It seems a lot of people don't know that they're twins, which I find kinda suprising since I knew that when I was pretty young.

Btw I don't think a 14 year old would have a job as a plumber, have a love interest and have a fully grown moustache lol.

Ninelevendo said:
Btw I don't think a 14 year old would have a job as a plumber
My family's hired people for various jobs who've brought teenagers along. They were working as hard as everyone else.

Ninelevendo said:
have a love interest
Clearly, you've never been in high school.

Ninelevendo said:
and have a fully grown moustache lol.
Clearly, you've never been in high school.

Ninelevendo said:
It seems a lot of people don't know that they're twins, which I find kinda suprising since I knew that when I was pretty young.
I don't find it super surprising that people don't know because Luigi seems like he has a "young bro" demeanor while Mario certainly acts like an older brother. There is also the show and comics and movie (urf) that explicitly says that Luigi is several years younger. They also seem to say, "well, they can't be twins because Mario is older / Luigi is younger" and I say that "older/younger" thing doesn't necessarily have to go by years. They could be born literally minutes apart (as I was 15 minutes earlier than my sister) and the definition still technically fits.

By the way, some comics and manga depict Mario as with a mustache even though he's clearly a kid so yeah. Baby Mario pretty much contradicts it though.

Ninelevendo said:

i never really thought about it even though it was pretty obvious. i found out in mario and sonic and the olympic winter games for ds, as one of the notes you can find in adventure mode says.

"mario and luigi are brothers. luigi is the younger twin."

So there are many Mario characters that their ages haven't been confirmed. So in this topic you can guess how old Mario and other Mario characters are!

Mario=I think he is about 30.

Luigi= Also 30 (at the time of this post was posted) but still is slightly younger.

Peach= She was with Mario and Luigi when they were babies, so she would have to be slightly younger than the bros maybe around 28-30.

Bowser=He was a baby who could talk and walk, was also pretty intelligent, so I would say about 1-4 years older, so 34.

Wario= Wario is the same age as the bros. Not sure if older or younger, but definitely not more, but probably within few months, 30.

E. Gadd=He seems old...60....maybe?

Kamek=In SUPERMAIOWORLD2 Baby Bowser was just a little one and Kamek was really old. Imagine him now. I say 105. Really.

What about you? What do you think?

I agree with the rest of these.
Bold is what I would've changed.

DOESN'T HAVE TO BE THE CHARACTERS I LISTED :wink:!

Edit: Edited.

I don't know many times it has been said or corrected, by Mario and Luigi ARE TWINS but obviously there is always an OLDER TWIN. The Bros, are the same age maybe by a few minutes or something. It's literally shown in a Yoshi's Island Intro, and in many handbooks. Characters like Wario and Peach are about the same age as well. Maybe a year give or take MAX OR MINIMUM!!! They were babies at the same age. Bowser is probably 1-4 years older than the bros.

Last edited:
I remember asking a question about how on earth Luigi could be younger than Mario if they´re twins and it is possible. The more you know.

But anyway it's weird to read posts in this thread from 14 years ago, when the Gamecube was still a thing and people knew NSMBDS existed. I can't tell if I feel too old or too young about it. I was like, 4?

Ah well. Saludos, myself from 14 years in the future. I hope you're doing well in your life and have a horseshoe moustache already! Hasta la vista!

I remember asking a question about how on earth Luigi could be younger than Mario if they´re twins and it is possible. The more you know.

There's a lot of perks to actually being a twin.

;)

So there are many Mario characters that their ages haven't been confirmed. So in this topic you can guess how old Mario and other Mario characters are!

Luigi=Mario is older, so Luigi is about 29.

Peach=Mario and Luigi were walking in Partners in time (past) and Peach wasn't. About 26.

Bowser=He was a baby who could talk and walk when Mario was born so 35.

Wario=In Yoshi Island DS, Wario seems a bit older than Mario. Maybe...32?

Kamek=In SUPERMAIOWORLD2 Baby Bowser was just a little one and Kamek was really old. Imagine him now. I say 105. Really.

Luigi=Mario is older, so Luigi is about 29.

Peach=Mario and Luigi were walking in Partners in time (past) and Peach wasn't. About 26.

Bowser=He was a baby who could talk and walk when Mario was born so 35.

Wario=In Yoshi Island DS, Wario seems a bit older than Mario. Maybe...32?

I'd say most of these are accurate, however I'll list a few more
Waluigi = 30
Bowser Jr = 6
Peach = 18 (She's likely to be quite young if she hasn't become Queen yet)
Daisy = 18
Yoshi = 50ish (In Yoshi's Island all the yoshis are fully Grown even when mario is a baby)
Donkey Kong = 27
Toads = Unknown (They act and look like children, the only toad who sounds mature is Toadsworth at around 60 years of age)

While I think Peach is younger than Mario and Luigi, going by Partners in Time, I don't think there's like a whopping 9 year difference compared to probably 1-3 year difference.

Reactions: zel
I think Peach is 35 years old, while Mario is 40 years old based on their debut.

Back