Ages of Mario Characters

superlumiella said:
Peach has to be slightly younger than Mario and Luigi

What is this assumption based on?

Dr. Alphys said:
superlumiella said:

Female protagonists are usually younger than their male counterparts and Peach looks younger than them also. I'd think there's no more than a 2-year age difference between them so it's not significant anyway.

Well, a cliché is not the same as definite proof, so I don't see how she HAS to be younger than Mario.

Plus, you have to consider she's a princess, so she's probably dolled up and plastered with make-up every time she appears. She could easily be five years older than Mario, we wouldn't know.

Dr. Alphys said:
Well, a cliché is not the same as definite proof, so I don't see how she HAS to be younger than Mario.

Plus, you have to consider she's a princess, so she's probably dolled up and plastered with make-up every time she appears. She could easily be five years older than Mario, we wouldn't know.

Mario as a series is pretty much based on cliché and archetypes, not that there's anything wrong with it.
Also, we have to take note Peach use to be very young (possibly a child) in her first appearance until they aged her up and most likely still kept her younger than the Bros. to fit with that whole "young maiden in distress" thing.

I don't see why she would be older, but I see why she would be younger.

superlumiella said:
Also, we have to take note Peach use to be very young (possibly a child) in her first appearance until they aged her up

This is the first time I've ever heard of that.

Peachsmb1.png

This is artwork associated with Peach from her debut appearance in Super Mario Bros.. I don't really get "child" out of that. That seems to be the face of a grown woman.

Where is your information coming from?

Dr. Alphys said:
superlumiella said:
Also, we have to take note Peach use to be very young (possibly a child) in her first appearance until they aged her up

This is the first time I've ever heard of that.

Peachsmb1.png

This is artwork associated with Peach from her debut appearance in Super Mario Bros.. I don't really get "child" out of that. That seems to be the face of a grown woman.

Where is your information coming from?

This looks older and she looks like a kid here
tumblr_n0rgk2MdPg1rcf983o1_400.png

Also the fact that Super Mario used to be taller than Peach
hqdefault.jpg

She seems at least younger than she is now.

Dr. Alphys said:
superlumiella said:

In Partners in Time, Peach is still in complete baby clothes while Mario and Luigi aren't. That's MY assumption anyway.

It worries me that a 20 or 30 something short man with a moustache tries to sound like he sucked some helium tank whenever possible.

Charles Martinet intended to give Mario a soft voice so he doesn't frighten children. I like its playfulness, suits him very much.

i wasn't serious.

To me Mario doesn't have age , i couldn't care less as the whole point of his character is to appeal children anyway.

I believe Mario is at least in his late twenties, as some people suggested but I i would go for 32 because damn does his mustache make him older. For other characters here are my guesses:

Luigi 31
Peach 26
Bowser 57
Toad (not to be confused with the species) 36
Kamek 90
And Bowser Jr probably 11

Pretty sure Luigi is younger than Mario by about 5 seconds.

Mcmadness said:
Pretty sure Luigi is younger than Mario by about 5 seconds.
I'd say the in-world duration of Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, if we count the first time his head comes out of the bundle as date of birth.

Toadsworth is stated to be 60 years old according to an e-mail in TTYD. There's also the fact that Petey Piranha in Partners in Time looks the same as he does in the present day, while Mario, Luigi, Peach and Bowser were babies, meaning he may well be much older than them (except possibly Toadsworth the Younger).

Mario character ages (as of now).
Mario: 31
Luigi: 31
Peach: 31
Yoshi: ??
Bowser: 38
Bowser Jr. 14
Daisy: 29
Rosalina: 2000
Fawful: 13
Midbus: 41
Dimentio: 14
Grubba: 60
Toadsworth: 72
Toad: 25
Toadette: 9
Toadiko: 16
Toadbert: 19
Goombario: 6
Kooper: 16
Bombette: 14
Parakarry: 23
Lady Bow: 15
Watt: 1
Sushie: 10
Lakilester: 17
Goombella: 16
Koops: 15
Flurrie: 100
Yoshi Kid: 0
Vivian: 1000
Bobbery: 51
Ms. Mowz: 18
Jolene: 45
Prince Mush: 43
Donkey Kong: 21
Wario: 31
Waluigi: 31
Merlon: 500
Nolrem: 500
Starlow: 6
Stuffwell: 6
Cackletta: 93
Kamek: 84
Kammy Koopa: 86
Kamella: 87
Elder Princess Shroob: 130
Princess Shroob: 100
Kylie Koopa: 17
Koopalings: ??
Pauline: 21
Cortez: 950
Sir Grodus: 49
Lord Crump: 24
Beldam: 1050
Marilyn: 1032
Count Bleck: 52
Tippi/Timpani: 48
Nastasia: 49
O'Chunks: 61
Mimi: 13
Mr. L: 31
Wingo: 3
Tubba Blubba: 25
Francis: 16
Diddy Kong: 16
Doopliss: ??
Birdo: ??
King Boo: 100
Petey Piranha: 20
Gooper Blooper: 14
Funky Kong: 20
Dry Bowser: 64
Dark Star: 1000
Prince Peasley: 13
Prince Dreambert: 1000
Antasma: 1000
Queen Bean: 35
Professor E. Gadd: 98
Lakitu: 28
Goombaria: 4
Shadow Queen: 1100
Kersti: 16
Huey: 16
Rawk Hawk: 19

so i'm just gonna jump in and say that we could potentially estimate how old characters are by their appearances in games and their voice clips (particularly in the rpgs)

now with that said i'm gonna contradict that by saying that starlow probably doesn't really have an age as such, i mean she's a star sprite and most of the star sprites are really old, so by logic she would be pretty old as well

mettyton said:
so i'm just gonna jump in and say that we could potentially estimate how old characters are by their appearances in games and their voice clips

I don't know, I mean, I feel like Mario's voice is getting higher (in pitch) in new games (except Smash Bros.), specially in 3D World. I still can't believe Mario is ~25 years.

Back