Author Topic: Sonic the Hedgehog Movie  (Read 1605 times)

Isabelle

• Best girl. And dog. And definitely NOT deserving of the mostly *bleep* fanart she gets.
  • Shine Sprite
  • Koops
  • The adorable, fluffy, 100% hug material Isabelle.
    • View Profile
Re: Sonic the Hedgehog Movie
« Reply #60 on: March 09, 2019, 04:35:31 PM »
Product placement makes the movie scary?

The Stanley Parable Adventure Line™

• Mushroom Attendant
  • Kingbowser99
  • BA DA DA DUM BA DA DUM BA DA DA DUM BA DA DA DUM
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 09, 2019, 05:16:19 PM »
If you think about monopolisation and the idea that future movies could essentially become 2 hour long ads if this trend is to continue, then yes, product placement makes the movie horrifying

Hailing Taquitos

• Hailing taquitos, it's hailing taquitos! Guacamole, sour cream!
  • Star Spirit
  • Fawfulthegreat64
  • Is it a nightmare or is it a dream!
    • View Profile
    • Mario RPG Universe
« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2019, 12:25:35 AM »
ok, I'm not a dedicated Sonic fan so it may not be my place to say this... but seriously I don't see why Sonic's normal art style wouldn't work perfectly fine for a CGI film, trying to make it realistic and placed with real humans just takes away charm without compensating with anything worthwhile imo. In terms of visual design they literally had one job and they decide to reinvent the wheel. Because that worked so well for Mario am I right?

Kazooie

• Red-crested Breegull
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Star Spirit
  • Gabumon
  • "That's nice."
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 10, 2019, 01:16:31 PM »
Man, I hope the script and direction of this movie somehow turn out brilliant, and they turn it around into a great movie. That would be really funny.

"To do just the opposite is also a form of imitation."
 --G. C. Lichtenberg

Isabelle

• Best girl. And dog. And definitely NOT deserving of the mostly *bleep* fanart she gets.
  • Shine Sprite
  • Koops
  • The adorable, fluffy, 100% hug material Isabelle.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 10, 2019, 02:52:58 PM »
Hey, we can't have that, the Planet will go flying into the sun and gaming communities will cease to be toxic to each other in the off-chance that this happens!

NateTim

• Goomba
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2019, 02:03:10 PM »
"Man, I hope the script and direction of this movie somehow turn out brilliant, and they turn it around into a great movie. That would be really funny."

I'm actually hoping for the same, man.

By the way, newbie here as well. Aside from being a gamer, I'm also a critter-lovin' guy. I live with my Pomeranian, Denny. Whenever I'm outdoors, I usually walk my dog in the park, though as a precaution, I'd fit him with one of those dog shock collars, as he tends to wander off most of the time. So, that's me. Have a nice day, everyone!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 03:45:54 PM by NateTim »