Author Topic: Things you didn't notice before in Mario games  (Read 38510 times)

winstein

• Dry Bowser
  • Justice is not limited, it is a universal quality
    • View Profile
Re: Things you didn't notice before in Mario games
« Reply #740 on: December 02, 2018, 11:38:42 PM »
His mask is more noticeably golden in his sprite

Yes, that's the thing. I forgot to mention that I assume that Game Guy's sprite is a miscolouration because his model doesn't look that yellow to me.

Thank you for reading.
(Credit goes to Alex95 for this signature)

Snow J

• J-Yoshi64
  • Dry Bowser
  • J-Yoshi64
  • Always remembering Walkazo
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #741 on: December 03, 2018, 02:09:02 AM »

Pauline's whole head got smaller.
May Walkazo always be remembered on MarioWiki for years to come.
Follow me because I'm not a narcissist: https://twitter.com/JYoshi64 https://www.deviantart.com/just-call-me-j

Santa Yoshi

• The Christmas Yoshi
  • Dry Bowser
  • YoshiFlutterJump
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: December 03, 2018, 02:15:35 AM »
In Super Mario Galaxy 2, in Co-Star Mode, if Co-Star Luma grabs a 1-Up Mushroom and gives it to Mario just as he loses his last life, Mario will get a Game Over with a life to spare.  Just found that interesting when I was helping my brother as Co-Star Luma.

Isabelle

• Christmas puppy. Technically not a pup, but what would you call a dog this adorable?
  • Shine Sprite
  • Koops
  • Dog Waifu. Also 8 posh emotes reside here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: December 03, 2018, 02:00:39 PM »
That's one thing that Galaxy 2 did better than the original: The enhanced co-op mode.

Pheromosa

• Extradimensional bug princess
  • Star Spirit
  • A51 Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: December 07, 2018, 05:18:27 PM »
In Mario Party 8, the Lucky Space area in Koopa's Tycoon Town is still visible in Duel Mode despite being inaccessible, and there are no coins there.

In Super Mario Party, on Challenge Road in the Ghostly Hollow, the Boo asking you if you want to take a break will not cover his face if you play as Boo.

Pandemonium from Mario Party 9 might seem odd as a music track for the Mario Kart 8 version of Mario Circuit in SSB4 at first, but it is actually a cover of Double Dash's Battle Mode theme!

All characters in Mario Super Sluggers have an animation for when they tie in a minigame, which you can see here. My favorite of these is Tiny Kong.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 07:06:24 PM by Pheromosa »