What Mario game do you think has the best storyline?

To put it off sarcastically: Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga's storyline is hilarious. Actually, all Mario and Luigi games storylines are hilarious.

I think they could have made SMG2's story a lot better if they had acknowldedged the universe reset at the end of the first one.

But I think mine would probably be Bowser's Inside Story, as it's the only Mario RPG I've played.

Also, first post. (yay)

SMG2's storyline was kind of boring. It's not much different than the stories from almost every other Mario game. Bowser just kidnaps Peach again.

I think SMG2's storyline was horrible, even by Mario standards. It simply recycles SMG's storyline, except Bowser steals Peach.....for cake. What duh Wario.

I heard the Mario RPG stories were good, but the Mario and Luigi series were the only ones I played. Besides, the first and latest one had Fawful in it....not that it counts for the story yes it should, but eh.

While I do not know the best storyline (since I didn't really play any of the RPGS), I know the worst, and that is Super Mario Galaxy 2 storyline.

Mason said:
Super Mario Bros. (NES)

And yeah there is a storyline in the instruction manual I believe.

That was the one with the Peach and the Dark Magic thing? Hm, pretty good storyline, IMO, for a platformer.

I really don't like it how they repeatedly milk the "Bowser kidnaps Peach" storyline in every single darn platformer now. It's old.

Scrub Jay said:
That was the one with the Peach and the Dark Magic thing? Hm, pretty good storyline, IMO, for a platformer.
Pretty much. King Koopa took over the Mushroom Kingdom by turning everyone into blocks and other objects. He then kidnapped Princess Toadstool, knowing she was the only one who can break the spell.

Paper Mario Spoiler:
It's my theory that this is when he falls in love with her (since it says he loves her in his Paper Mario diary.)

Cosmopolitan said:
I really don't like it how they repeatedly milk the "Bowser kidnaps Peach" storyline in every single darn platformer now. It's old.
Agreed but I think it was done right the first time.

Cosmopolitan said:

Well, me neither. It's stale, but at least the story is not as stale as Pokemon.

Pardon my bad analogy, but that's what I really think of Pokemon.

It was done right but it eventually got out of hand and became cliched.

Cosmopolitan said:
It was done right but it eventually got out of hand and became cliched.

What, the Mario storyline or Pokemon or both?

You posted before me, and I was too lazy to change my post. I'm talking about the Super Mario Bros. one.

Well, maybe next time, you should change your pronouns a bit so we know what or who are you referring to. :mad:

Don't order me around. You posted before me and if your post never existed, it would make more sense. And this is not talking about Pokemon, this is talking about Mario storylines.

Cosmopolitan said:
Don't order me around. You posted before me and if your post never existed, it would make more sense. And this is not talking about Pokemon, this is talking about Mario storylines.

I'm not ordering you around; I'm suggesting that you should change your pronouns to nouns so your post would be less confusing.

You're the one who's ordering around.

I think you should change the tone of your post, grouch. :P

Do you two have to nitpick at each other?

Anyway, another Mario game with an enjoyable story line is Paper Mario 2. I love new lands, even though it had the stupid save Peach and collect seven thingies story.

Sucks I never played Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, but I play Paper Mario. I heard it's a great game.

Mason, actually, we are related; LGM and I are twins.

Cosmopolitan said:
Sucks I never played Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, but I play Paper Mario. I heard it's a great game.
Go to your nearest Gamestop and pick it up. It's fabulous, especially with the audience addition.

Cosmopolitan said:
Mason, actually, we are related; LGM and I are twins.
Ah. I actually keep thinking you're a guy for some reason. Probably the name change. XD

Hm, I'll consider it then, but the problem is that it is single player, so my sister will have to sit out.

No worries, you're not the only person who guesses my gender wrong. And yeah, my name change also has something to do with it, heh heh heh.

I even suggested the name. In fact, I suggested all of Cosmo's names.

And my sister always leaves me out.

What Mario game had the best storyline? For someone who plays mostly the platformers and multiplater spinoffs, that's a pretty hard decision for me.

Probably your best storyline is Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga's, eh?

Mason said:
I will say one thing. The storyline for Super Mario World was mindblowingly stupid. The GBA port didn't help.

When I was smaller, I thought it was stupid and ignorant at how Mario and Luigi leave the Princess Peach unattended.

Back