Dislikes of SMG2

Grandmaster Galaxy: The Perfect Run

Everthing else was fine.

Yoshi and how similar it seemed like to the original. Hmm, oh, and Yoshi! How could I forget?

BabyLuigiOnFire said:
how similar it seemed like to the original.
Once again, it is SMG's sequel, so it is going to be similar.

I disliked Lubba. That's about it. SMG2 was an improved version of SMG.

Yoshi and his sickeningly annoying voice.

And how it got a 10/10, like it sooo deserved that score.

Lubba was pretty pointless, IMO. And of course, there's that Prankster Comet from Grandmaster Galaxy.

The complete linearity of about 80% of the games level.

Lack of exploration is a buzzkill.

Not really, in my opinion.

Compared to Super Mario Galaxy, the sequel pales in length.

Mind you, I wouldn't want a Mario game that isn't 100% exploration, because there will be moments like "now what?" Not very fun moments.

Still, exploration would be nice.

I never said something like 100% exploration, that's what the Zelda series is for.

I meant just a bit more exploration. SMG2 was like 80% linear and 20% exploration while SMG was the opposite imo.

At least most Mario titles have replay value, which is something that most LoZ titles heavily lack.

MnSG said:
At least most Mario titles have replay value, which is something that most LoZ titles heavily lack.

Mainstream or spinoffs or both?

If it's mainstream, I will highly disagree with you. If it includes spinoffs, no I won't. Most Mario platformers, IMO, lack replay value, especially if you have a twin sister who doesn't want to watch you play.

LeftyGreenMario said:
MnSG said:

Mainstream or spinoffs or both?

If it's mainstream, I will highly disagree with you. If it includes spinoffs, no I won't. Most Mario platformers, IMO, lack replay value, especially if you have a twin sister who doesn't want to watch you play.

At least in most Mario titles, you can rematch bosses. The only LoZ game that I know of with that feature is LoZ: Majora's Mask.

クッパJr. said:
Grandmaster Galaxy: The Perfect Run
This, along with the fact that Galaxy 2 had the same, repetitive "Bowser kidnaps the Princess" storyline, rather than doing something new and original, but maybe that's just me.

-Abuses 2d areas (although not nearly as much as Sonic Colouors to name a newer 3d platformer). I hate when people´s way of considering a 3d platformer good is to make it have as muh 2d as possible.

-Too little exploration

-Star bit requirements are way too high

-Recycles some areas from Galaxy 1. Homages are good but blatant copy and paste is not.

-Bad distribution of gameplay elements (ie: cloud flower is overused while the boo suit has only one mission and items like the ice flower are compeltely absent)

I hated the bad enemy and item distribution. Koopas are HARDLY seen! Bob-ombs are hardly seen! Many more enemies are hardly seen! Everything else is good.

I thought the green stars were a bit boring.

And not enough exploration, the first one had the player see more of the galaxy rather than just one set path.

Boo mushroom... c'mon we want more

stupid impossible comets

Ice flower not even seen.

One of my gripes is that poor lack of Red Star

BabyLuigiOnFire said:
One of my gripes is that poor lack of Red Star
ohh the item red star, yeah

Fawfulfury65 said:
The bad camera that never moves at the angle I want it
true. I hate it, but I think it does that to make it challenging

Back