Mario Sports Mix

Fawfulfury65 said:
True. IMO Sega stinks at making games, so I'm sure this would be better.
No, in my opinion, every Sonic game from Sonic Heroes and before was awesome. But now, they suck.

Gamefreak75 said:
Fawfulfury65 said:
No, in my opinion, every Sonic game from Sonic Heroes and before was awesome. But now, they suck.
Oh yeah, I do like the original Sonic games. So, I guess Sega used to be OK. Now they suck.

Fawfulfury65 said:

After Sonic Heroes, most 3D Sonic titles haven't done so well. Shadow the Hedgehog was pretty good (7/10 IMO), but the controls were a bit unresponsive at times. Sonic and the Secret Rings sucked, and Sonic and the Black Knight really wasn't any better.

Last good Sonic game that I've played was the Wii version of Sonic Unleashed. I'm used to platforming levels, which most of the Werehog levels were like.

I hate how gimmicky they made Sonic and the Black Knight. I mean, seriously, Sonic...using a sword! Leave the swordsmanship to Link and Meta Knight, Sonic!

MnSG said:
We know that 12 characters are confirmed to be playable, but it does make you wonder who else will be playable too. I do predict that 12 more characters will be playable, and since Square Enix is involved with this game's development, a few Final Fantasy characters may be in the mix too.

Who these 12 characters are, I was thinking...

Birdo
Toadette
Dixie Kong
Tiny Kong
King K. Rool
Green Kritter
Rosalina
Coach

Final Fantasy characters...

Black Mage
White Mage
Moogle
Chocobo

I do hope most of those characters are in! The Mario Sports series has always had a big amount of characters to select from, so it makes sense to have more than just 12 in a Sport Mix game.

I was so amazed when I saw this. I mean, I LOVED 3 on 3, the only complain I had about it being the lack of online. Now Nintendo is giving me ANOTHER MARIO BASKETBALL GAME, this time for the Wii, and it includes other sports as well!.

How could I not be excited about this game?

I seriously hope it includes online, and should the game have it, I hope for it to work as fine as Mario Kart Wii´s.

On failblog you can see an early fake video, it shows Geno, Mallow, the seven stars, Bowyer, and David Beckham as playable characters.

Back on topic, that would be pretty sweet thoguh. SMRPG is my fav Mario game! They also should put Kiddy Kong in! Or better, REGGIE

Kiddy Kong isn't very notable in the Mario series, so if they put in any other Kongs, its likely to be Dixie and/or Funky Kong.

MnSG said:
Fawfulfury65 said:

After Sonic Heroes, most 3D Sonic titles haven't done so well. Shadow the Hedgehog was pretty good (7/10 IMO), but the controls were a bit unresponsive at times. Sonic and the Secret Rings sucked, and Sonic and the Black Knight really wasn't any better.

Last good Sonic game that I've played was the Wii version of Sonic Unleashed. I'm used to platforming levels, which most of the Werehog levels were like.
Hopefully Sonic 4 and Sonic Colors are good :P

This looks like Mario Hoops...which I wasn't a fan of. But Square Enix isn't making so hopefully this game turns out good and there's no overpowered Final Fantasy characters. :P I just hope the game isn't too gimmicky and unreal like Mario Hoops, I mean you don't ground pound to steal and you definitely don't build magical radiation walls to block shots.

JohnnyDaShizzle said:
This looks like Mario Hoops...which I wasn't a fan of. But Square Enix isn't making so hopefully this game turns out good and there's no overpowered Final Fantasy characters. :P I just hope the game isn't too gimmicky and unreal like Mario Hoops, I mean you don't ground pound to steal and you definitely don't build magical radiation walls to block shots.

And Plumbers dont usually save princesses from evil dragon turtle things that shoot fire. Mario altogether is Unreal.

I'm just sayin that Mario Hoops was way too gimmicky for me, with the coins and stuff. I thought the original Strikers was a good game and that game had it's gimmicks as well, but they didn't overdue it for me unlike in Mario Hoops. Plus Mario Hoops didn't have the best of controls either.

I loved both Strikers games, but I thought the second one was a bit overdone on the items and special moves. It was a bit too quick, sort of like 3-on-3.

JohnnyDaShizzle said:
I'm just sayin that Mario Hoops was way too gimmicky for me, with the coins and stuff. I thought the original Strikers was a good game and that game had it's gimmicks as well, but they didn't overdue it for me unlike in Mario Hoops. Plus Mario Hoops didn't have the best of controls either.

I guess they were trying to make the game feel... Mario-ish. I do agree on the controls though, stealing the ball is hell for me DX

I wasn't a huge fan of Strikers Charged, the Mega Strike was by far overdoing it as wel as the special moves. And not to mention the Daisy & Dry Bones cheap move. I can't play online in that game without seeing someone take one of them. -_-

And even when you take the ? panels off in Mario Hoops, the game just feels so...cheap. And not cheap as in "Hey the computer's rigging the game" more like "Wow did I really pay $40 to buy this game?"

And just to make it clear, I don't suck at Mario Hoops, I can easily beat a level 5 opponent, but sometimes when coins and the crappy stage gimmicks get in the way it's hard just because of how crappy the whole system (not the DS) is.

JohnnyDaShizzle said:
I wasn't a huge fan of Strikers Charged, the Mega Strike was by far overdoing it as wel as the special moves. And not to mention the Daisy & Dry Bones cheap move. I can't play online in that game without seeing someone take one of them. -_-

I don't use either of them two. I usually use the "Classic" Mode, way funner

Crackin355 said:
I use Mario, Hammer Bro, Monty Mole and Boo. Is that too over-powered?

Well, I used Mario, Koopa Troopa, Hammer Bro, and Dry Bones to complete the Striker Cup. The one thing that I didn't like about "The Road to the Striker Cup", however, is that the CPU difficulty level grew to insane levels as you advanced. In the original game, you could play all the cups without going above "Professional".

Crackin355 said:
JohnnyDaShizzle said:

I don't use either of them two. I usually use the "Classic" Mode, way funner

Don't be forgetting Waluigi, since he too is a Defensive character, and his Wall-Luigi! super ability can lead to Mega Strikes when used correctly.

I use Bowser Jr. Offensive characters and Power characters seem to be the best because of their shots, but I find that the Balanced characters are a bit trickier to stop.

Back